milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

how is CASE MCCOY not the starting qb

for once i agree with lou holtz

this is ridiculous, instead of wearing a texas longhorns shirt to dave and busters (to watch the game/play games/drink) i am now switching to elvis las vegas shirt

qb rating no comparison
    come on this is colt mccoy's brother for christ's sake

milwaukee mike

case mccoy = the real mccoy
    david ash = pile of ass

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

SIA Cal+3.5

TEXAS MICKEY
    TEXAS MICKEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4375

MM, I agree, the kid is really a better QB than his brother.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The other guy may start but Case may take all the snaps after the first series??? You never know.

milwaukee mike

good thing texas can play defense and got an interception

ash 10/16 passing 83 yds
    ash 5 rushes 8 yds
    ash 1 reception for 4 yds on the trick play for a td

not terrible numbers but that's only 4.3 yds per (pass att/rush att/reception) and if you back out that 30 yd pass play then you're down to 3 yds/play the rest of the half

let's break it down by possession:
    1st possession - 1 first down on a 4th down conversion, then punt
    2nd possession - 3 and out
    3rd possession - 3 and out
    4th possession - 3 and out
    5th possession - 30 yd td pass after shanked punt by cal
    6th possession - 1 first down, then punt
    7th possession - end of half

so essentially 6 possessions and only one of them wasn't completely pathetic. and that one was because of good field position and ONE nice play. hard to imagine case mccoy doing worse than this unless he threw some picks.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

The reason he is not the Starting QB is because the coach picked David Ash instead. Hope this answers your question.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    The reason he is not the Starting QB is because the coach picked David Ash instead. Hope this answers your question.

ok then smart ass i have a new question, why did the coach pick the 2nd best quarterback he has to be the starting qb?

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    ok then smart ass i have a new question, why did the coach pick the 2nd best quarterback he has to be the starting qb?
    Ash is better in practice and takes care of the ball.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

The real question is: what lucky team will McCoy transfer to? He's not sticking around UT to sit on the bench. He's going to go somewhere that he has a shot at the pros. It will likely still be a school in Texas though. A&M? Baylor? Both of their starters are on the way out.

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    The real question is: what lucky team will McCoy transfer to? He's not sticking around UT to sit on the bench. He's going to go somewhere that he has a shot at the pros. It will likely still be a school in Texas though. A&M? Baylor? Both of their starters are on the way out.
    This is by far the dumbest comment I've ever witnessed on this board, and that's saying a lot.

Romocide

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    This is by far the dumbest comment I've ever witnessed on this board, and that's saying a lot.
    You haven't been around long then, have you? Care to explain? There is a pretty good chance that he transfers rather than sit on the bench for 4 years. Sorry. It happens all the time in college football.

robinhood

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    You haven't been around long then, have you? Care to explain? There is a pretty good chance that he transfers rather than sit on the bench for 4 years. Sorry. It happens all the time in college football.

I've watched every snap he's taken at Texas. He doesn't have the arm strength to compete at the division 1 level. There isn't a team out there that would take Case. This is the truth, and reality. The programs you listed as his possible transfer options already have third string qb's with better arms. I'm sorry, he may have the heart of Colt, but he lacks the physical.

Romocide

I've watched every snap he's taken at Texas. He doesn't have the arm strength to compete at the division 1 level. There isn't a team out there that would take Case. This is the truth, and reality. The programs you listed as his possible transfer options already have third string qb's with better arms. I'm sorry, he may have the heart of Colt, but he lacks the physical.
    You state that my post is the dumbest you have ever seen and then state that there 'isn't a team out there that would take Case?' No team? Really? He was actively recruited by A&M, a team I mentioned in my previous post, but turned them down to go to Texas. He was also recruited by Nebraska, Auburn, and several other D-1 schools. Better arm doesn't translate to better QB, lol. It is sad that I'm having to explain this to you. Jeff George had a better arm than Joe Montana. By your logic, George is the guy you'd start out of the two? Forget things like intelligence, pocket presence, field vision, mental toughness, leadership ability, etc... I guess they don't matter.

Please take a long hard look at yourself before calling other people dumb in the future. Omg.

robinhood

You must be related to him. Sorry for your loss.

Romocide

Bless you heart.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

You're nuts. Case is colt, correct. However, he would play at 95% of D1 schools. Texas is ridiculous to play Ash over him. Ash caught a trick rec TD (which mccoy could have done) and made one throw to Goodwin wide open (which mccoy could have) and probably wouldn't have gone 3-n-out about 12 times. Their defense won them the game, not Ash

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    Ash is better in practice and takes care of the ball.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Better question is how does Texas not have an nfl qb on its roster? Mccoy, ash, that other kid.... When gilbert was there before the transfer it became clear he wasnt going to live up to the hype. Case is no colt how the hell did Texas miss on 4 qbs??

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    You're nuts. Case is colt, correct. However, he would play at 95% of D1 schools. Texas is ridiculous to play Ash over him. Ash caught a trick rec TD (which mccoy could have done) and made one throw to Goodwin wide open (which mccoy could have) and probably wouldn't have gone 3-n-out about 12 times. Their defense won them the game, not Ash

2 of the 3 tds were on a very short field.

if you look at tds vs interceptions mccoy had a much better year than ash - and has a much better chance of being an nfl quarterback. ash had twice as many interceptions with only 10% more completions and less tds so i'm not sure how ash "takes care of the ball".
    COMP COMP% yds py/a int td
    David Ash Texas 13 174 99 56.9 1079 6.2 8 4
    Case McCoy Texas 11 144 88 61.1 1034 7.2 4 7

chart got messed up but mccoy has 7 td 4 int, ash has 4 td 8 int

i would've liked to see case get some bowl game experience, starting in a big game like this would've really helped him in the long run imho.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

2 of the 3 tds were on a very short field.

if you look at tds vs interceptions mccoy had a much better year than ash - and has a much better chance of being an nfl quarterback. ash had twice as many interceptions with only 10% more completions and less tds so i'm not sure how ash "takes care of the ball".
    COMP COMP% yds py/a int td
    David Ash Texas 13 174 99 56.9 1079 6.2 8 4
    Case McCoy Texas 11 144 88 61.1 1034 7.2 4 7

chart got messed up but mccoy has 7 td 4 int, ash has 4 td 8 int

i would've liked to see case get some bowl game experience, starting in a big game like this would've really helped him in the long run imho.
    you mean just like it helped garret gilbert 2 years ago playing the entire national championship game?