bswagos
    bswagos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2547

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Did not want to be associated with a bookie

Holding a guys bets usually is easy money, rarely does anyone win
    Then it is no problem. It isn't like he usually bets with the guy and couldn't get a hold of him. The friend just wanted the action booked.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

I see we have some self-righteous
    degenerates here.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

coach I don't see it that way .as long as the hes paying if there are winners no big deal, most of the guys I bet with are my friends all my life If i lost a bet I rather see a friend win . These guys that I bet with are all bookies . I live in a small Italian American neighborhood a little Italy setting. we are all friends , in fact my guy now is my cousin he has a over 200 bettors and runs a social club in which we have track action live ,and 10 card tables . black jack is also played there. The laws are fed and burped. No drugs are either sold or used on the property.every so often some clothing or watches cologne ,jewelry finds its way . no woman or whores allowed in the club for obvious reasons

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

But JJ - if you like the other side, it would be unethical to call both sides in....... as long as you can pay, there is no issue here.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

next time man up and pick a winner for yourself and take your friends play and parlay it with yours!!..then as long as you hit your game you got a free shot at a piggy back double winner score!!...if you lose yours and your friend wins his then you cant even feel bad about coming out of your pocket cause it would have been a losing night for you regardless!!...plus you dont have to be a scumbag and root against your friend!!..DAMN IM A GENIUS HUH??..YOU'RE WELCOME DEGENERATES!!!

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I held a whole season worth from my brother in law and let him ride. The joke was on me, however, as it took him 3 years to pay off the debt.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I don't see it as being unethical at all. As long as you have the intent to pay off the bet if he wins. In my case, I earned it. He would text me plays right at kickoff all the time, and he would send me screwed up lines on his plays that came from the Wednesday newspaper. What am I supposed to do, call the bookie, get the line move, then communicate back and see if he wants down on the bet. That's work and a service and deserves some compensation.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Most good bookies are packaging your action higher up anyways

This is like mortgage-backed securities. You do not know where they end up

All you should worry about is everyone squaring up on time

studmlb55
    studmlb55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Everyone here is assuming it is a given that he is going to pick losers. That is not always the case...

If you want to gamble and take his action I see no problem with it. I did this with a friend a few times and he hit a few dime plays on me. I ended up losing over 4,000 that football season when keeping his action and I didn't feel a bit guilty. I damn sure wouldn't if he would have lost either, it is called gambling...damn!

studmlb55
    studmlb55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Everyone here is assuming it is a given that he is going to pick losers. That is not always the case...

If you want to gamble and take his action I see no problem with it. I did this with a friend a few times and he hit a few dime plays on me. I ended up losing over 4,000 that football season when keeping his action and I didn't feel a bit guilty. I damn sure wouldn't if he would have lost either, it is called gambling...damn!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Glad I'm not your "friend"...

You're making money off your "friend" without him even knowing...

You don't see how this is fukked up

Sad...
    if the guy isnt good enough to pick winners isnt that his problem? if he wins and you dont pay him then thats terrible beyond belief. nothing "sad" about this. bookies lay off and keep bets all the time, dont see how this is any different.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by studmlb55 View Post
    Everyone here is assuming it is a given that he is going to pick losers. That is not always the case... If you want to gamble and take his action I see no problem with it. I did this with a friend a few times and he hit a few dime plays on me. I ended up losing over 4,000 that football season when keeping his action and I didn't feel a bit guilty. I damn sure wouldn't if he would have lost either, it is called gambling...damn!
    agree completely, even if they are a "bad" handicapper they could easily get hot for a few weeks. what the hell is the difference if the money is there one way or the other? this is only bad if you intend on stiffing him if he wins.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

doing this type of thing is not ok anytime for any reason...the "i didn't get the bet in on time." thing would result in a trip to the pig farm.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    doing this type of thing is not ok anytime for any reason...the "i didn't get the bet in on time." thing would result in a trip to the pig farm.
    then its on you, you have to pay him unless thats really the truth then u should tell him the second the game starts.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    next time man up and pick a winner for yourself and take your friends play and parlay it with yours!!..then as long as you hit your game you got a free shot at a piggy back double winner score!!...if you lose yours and your friend wins his then you cant even feel bad about coming out of your pocket cause it would have been a losing night for you regardless!!...plus you dont have to be a scumbag and root against your friend!!..DAMN IM A GENIUS HUH??..YOU'RE WELCOME DEGENERATES!!!
    guys play sports against there friends all the time. u play, someone wins, you have a beer afterwards and theres no hard feelings. dont see how a bets any different.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

only guys with a losers mentality would have a problem with this, end of story. ive seen it happen and those were the ones who had a problem with friends keeping their bets.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

LMAO some guys in this thread trying to sound like big shots. I took THOUSANDS of dollars worth of bets a week for people when I lived in vegas. 5 figures most weeks back in the early 2000s when guys were printing money doing real estate deals and refinancing everyone, and had money to burn ut didnt want to go to vegas for the weekend. Some I would put in some I would hold. 30-40% of them were on the opposite side so just had to balance them off.

Some guys did want to see the tickets if they lost, so those guys I would put the bets in for. But after awhile I just told them piling all those losers up was too much of a hassle and if they wanted me to go through the trouble of putting bets in for them they would have to deal with it. Most stopped caring, thsat is what being a degenerate with a massive disposable income will do for you.

I did that shit for years, I think I had to make one 'special' trip back to California to give a guy money that really needed it and my buddy didnt want to give him them money for me. Most of them just let what little bit they had ride. Most of the time I was having to track them down. But since I knew them all and most worked in the same building it wasnt an issue. If it was their boss was my buddy and he would hold commissions on them. But I generally never got worried.

Most of the time guys that understand money and business get it. If you are putting bets in for a guy then youre doing them a service. Not a favor. They also know youre a gambler as well, and thus have to have some notion you might not put the bet in. As long as you dont stff them there isnt any problem at all.

I think the guys who protest the much are just stiffs who wouldnt pay regardless, they would just pocket it all anyway. I knew a guy like that that put horse racing tickets in. An old guy would bet the double everyday and if it lost no big deal, but if it won the guy would claim he didnt get the bet in half the time. He would give the guy his 20 bux back and pocket the rest. Until we beat the shit out of the guy one day once we found out the old man wasnt getting paid everyday. But who knows how long it went on.

A lot of guys are scum, and that is obvious, but for the most part a lot of guys try to do the 'right' thing. Holding bets a guy makes if you pay them off isnt even close to being not right.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    LMAO some guys in this thread trying to sound like big shots. I took THOUSANDS of dollars worth of bets a week for people when I lived in vegas. 5 figures most weeks back in the early 2000s when guys were printing money doing real estate deals and refinancing everyone, and had money to burn ut didnt want to go to vegas for the weekend. Some I would put in some I would hold. 30-40% of them were on the opposite side so just had to balance them off.

Some guys did want to see the tickets if they lost, so those guys I would put the bets in for. But after awhile I just told them piling all those losers up was too much of a hassle and if they wanted me to go through the trouble of putting bets in for them they would have to deal with it. Most stopped caring, thsat is what being a degenerate with a massive disposable income will do for you.

I did that shit for years, I think I had to make one 'special' trip back to California to give a guy money that really needed it and my buddy didnt want to give him them money for me. Most of them just let what little bit they had ride. Most of the time I was having to track them down. But since I knew them all and most worked in the same building it wasnt an issue. If it was their boss was my buddy and he would hold commissions on them. But I generally never got worried.

Most of the time guys that understand money and business get it. If you are putting bets in for a guy then youre doing them a service. Not a favor. They also know youre a gambler as well, and thus have to have some notion you might not put the bet in. As long as you dont stff them there isnt any problem at all.

I think the guys who protest the much are just stiffs who wouldnt pay regardless, they would just pocket it all anyway. I knew a guy like that that put horse racing tickets in. An old guy would bet the double everyday and if it lost no big deal, but if it won the guy would claim he didnt get the bet in half the time. He would give the guy his 20 bux back and pocket the rest. Until we beat the shit out of the guy one day once we found out the old man wasnt getting paid everyday. But who knows how long it went on.

A lot of guys are scum, and that is obvious, but for the most part a lot of guys try to do the 'right' thing. Holding bets a guy makes if you pay them off isnt even close to being not right.
    exactly right the paragraph in bold.

whos to say if you dont turn them in the guy is gonna have the money if he gets crushed anyways? this gets to be a hassle after a while especially if they want everything at the last second. when you bet online the opponent is faceless anyways. if youre betting within your means, then it shouldnt b a big deal either way.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

It'll cause resentment and probably fuk up the friendship eventually but I don't see it being unethical. You're friend should man up and "associate with a bookie" if he has a problem with it.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

I once had a "friend" hold onto a bet he was supposed to place for me .... unfortuantly for him I won and went to collect the next week, he was caught red handed and his wife had to pay me from her paycheck she just cashed.

More recently I had a co-worker ask me to place a bet for him, I declined.... a few weeks later he admitted he had no money to gamble and owed his "guy"

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    then its on you, you have to pay him unless thats really the truth then u should tell him the second the game starts.
    true although i was assuming that the "beard" here is a degen with no way to pay winning bets...but agree that if no problem paying then no problem.

First 12