jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    No JJ. I have a pocket full of money from killing it in NFL.
    Fukkin classic quote

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Tracer get the ipad. You don't want to have the inferior tablet in your household. You're letting the price of these tablets convince you the other tablets are as good. Every expert review of other tablets ends the same way..."its a good tablet, but don't expect it to be an ipad."

There's a reason the ipad is #1, and I like android based stuff.
    Its not the price WV. They both start at $500. Look at all the reviews. This new prime is a better device. Having flash makes a big difference. I will probably end up getting the ipad because who knows if I can get my hands on the first batch of primes. These things are highly anticipated.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tracer get the ipad. You don't want to have the inferior tablet in your household. You're letting the price of these tablets convince you the other tablets are as good. Every expert review of other tablets ends the same way..."its a good tablet, but don't expect it to be an ipad." There's a reason the ipad is #1, and I like android based stuff.

quit being a homer, you know that your wife could of saved 100+ bucks and bought you a better tablet than the one you received, but you needed to get it early.

Your Ipad is nice, but there is better for cheaper.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

cartman said the toshiba handibook isnt that great.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

The kindle fires were highly anticipated too, and they have flash. Read the recent reviews of it.

All these tablets end up the same.

ttrace35

The kindle fires were highly anticipated too, and they have flash. Read the recent reviews of it.

All these tablets end up the same.
    Screen too small on kindle fire.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

I have the Prime and my wife has and Ipad2 so I've used both. IMO the Prime is superior. It has twice as much memory for the same price (and upgradable, the ipad is not). Also, as others have said, its faster. It renders graphic games/apps better -- the graphics look more sharp at the edges. Finally, and I think most important to us, I find it easier to check scores on ESPN and Sportsline. Those sites update quicker without freezing on the android Operating system. I tried multiple browsers on the wife's Ipad and never could get it to work right (meaning close to my experience on the desktop). The choice is yours, but I'm very happy with my Prime.

jjgold

Gray great review

Does it have java and flash

jgray

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Gray great review

Does it have java and flash
    Flash yes. JavaSCRIPT yes. To my knowledge no tablet runs Java (the programming language).

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Most reviews are biased.

North american ones will never ever have a bad review on the iphone/ipad.
    There's a nice stock market scam connection with it all.

jjgold

Other Tablets catching up to iPad

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post
    I have the Prime and my wife has and Ipad2 so I've used both. IMO the Prime is superior. It has twice as much memory for the same price (and upgradable, the ipad is not). Also, as others have said, its faster. It renders graphic games/apps better -- the graphics look more sharp at the edges. Finally, and I think most important to us, I find it easier to check scores on ESPN and Sportsline. Those sites update quicker without freezing on the android Operating system. I tried multiple browsers on the wife's Ipad and never could get it to work right (meaning close to my experience on the desktop). The choice is yours, but I'm very happy with my Prime.
    What country do you live? The prime didn't ship to US yet.

jgray

Well, I'm sitting in Chicago looking at your post from my Prime...

It was released on the 19th. I preordered and got mine on the 22nd.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post
    Well, I'm sitting in Chicago looking at your post from my Prime...

It was released on the 19th. I preordered and got mine on the 22nd.
    That's good to know. Everything I read said it still isn't out. I'm goint to check again. If it is out, I will definetely get it over the ipad

ttrace35

I cant find anywhere where they say it shipped. The earliest release date I could find is jan 6

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Ipads and most tablets (10.1inches) are too big to hold and use comfortably.

I can generally always use a TV if I want to watch something for an extended period. Its only on the plane that I really need to watch TV and movies on my tablet.

Companies are having troubles trying to figure out the ultimate tablet size. I suppose it really depends what you want to do with it. My main use is browsing the net, gambling related activities, email, calendar and reading books.

I ended up going for a galaxy tab 8.9. The smaller size, even if it is only 1.2 inches makes a lot of difference to holdability and usability. It also runs firstrowsports well, which the ipad will never do. I have used the 7inch plus galaxy tablets as well and I would get one if the 8.9 wasn't available. I think ipads next tablet is going to be 7.7 inches. I will have a good look at that, but don't think I can move away from the customizability of android.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Ipads and most tablets (10.1inches) are too big to hold and use comfortably.

I can generally always use a TV if I want to watch something for an extended period. Its only on the plane that I really need to watch TV and movies on my tablet.

Companies are having troubles trying to figure out the ultimate tablet size. I suppose it really depends what you want to do with it. My main use is browsing the net, gambling related activities, email, calendar and reading books.

I ended up going for a galaxy tab 8.9. The smaller size, even if it is only 1.2 inches makes a lot of difference to holdability and usability. It also runs firstrowsports well, which the ipad will never do. I have used the 7inch plus galaxy tablets as well and I would get one if the 8.9 wasn't available. I think ipads next tablet is going to be 7.7 inches. I will have a good look at that, but don't think I can move away from the customizability of android.
    Interesting post about size, I would mainly use one on the couch as a laptop is just too uncomfortable

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Just left best buy a few hours ago and they were praying that the prime was on the trucking they were unloading. Should have arrived last week.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Just left best buy a few hours ago and they were praying that the prime was on the trucking they were unloading. Should have arrived last week.
    Thanx for the update. Ill check BB in the morning.

jgray

Thanx for the update. Ill check BB in the morning.
    Call Gamestop if you have one nearby. The price is the same and it comes installed with a couple of cool games. (If they have it, that is)

jjgold

good work men

Trigger leaning away from IPAD

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Best buy tech guy steered me and the wife away from the ipad2. Said if you are going to drop 5 hundred drop it on the prime.

jjgold

Ok we are all leaning towards Prime now or Galaxy

I love these tech threads, you guys have a clue

ttrace35

I found 1 at a bestbuy somewhere in jersey about 40 mins from me. Somewhere near the meadowlands. I will call in the morning to make sure.

jjgold

I found 1 at a bestbuy somewhere in jersey about 40 mins from me. Somewhere near the meadowlands. I will call in the morning to make sure.
    I am going to go get it before you Trigger and wait for you in lot and sell it for $50 more to you

ttrace35

I am going to go get it before you Trigger and wait for you in lot and sell it for $50 more to you

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16197

no i dont have one

the11
    the11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Had a droid. Got an ipad2. Now have iPhone 4s and ordered the wifey an iPhone today to replace her droid. Just saying....

ttrace35

Ipad can't get a lot of sites.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21563

I heard the Prime also has built in GPS

jgray

This made me laugh...

Quote Originally Posted by the11 View Post
    Had a droid. Got an ipad2. Now have iPhone 4s and ordered the wifey an iPhone today to replace her droid. Just saying....
    Have you been waiting for this thread for over a year to get close to 10 posts? Impressive...

jjgold

Here is my reasoning to get anything other than an ipad as far as us gamblers go

We mainly use internet ............IPAD is not a strong device for internet browsing as opposed to Galaxy and other tablets

All major great APPS are on all devices now..maybe top to bottom IPAD wins with APPS and MUSIC

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Here is my reasoning to get anything other than an ipad as far as us gamblers go

We mainly use internet ............IPAD is not a strong device for internet browsing as opposed to Galaxy and other tablets

All major great APPS are on all devices now..maybe top to bottom IPAD wins with APPS and MUSIC

I remember a guy that all he want in life was an ipad.

First 12