Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

MLB foul/homerun balls?

I never have gotten a ball at a game. my luck is unreal, they come close but never close enough... as soon as I go to the concession stand...a ball will land in my seat.

what's your best run over an old lady, and kick a 9 year old boy in the liver to get a ball story?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

If I ever were to get a ball, I swear I would find the closest young fan and give them a ball? what is the big deal with Keeping the ball? fuk that means alot more to a young kid then a grown adult

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

I have caught several at A/AA/AAA games but never in Majors stadium, When I lived in Niagara Falls, NY I would go to minor league hockey games also across the border in Canada as well (Formerly Niagara Falls Thunder) now they play in erie, pa or something but anyway they would throw these frisbees into the crowd at the end of the first period and whoever got it got them got to come down and shoot at the goal with a board in front and three holes, if you got one in you won a grand, I barrelled into a crowd of older people knocked it down grabbed it off the ground and ran off haha, of course I did not hit the shots though that shit was impossible and I was just a youngster then so no foul no harm

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15
    ryanspeer2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Been too about 25-30 MLB games and never even had a close call with a foul ball, same section at BEST. I imagine I would keep my first one that I (if ever) get since I collect a fair share of baseball relics. After that they go to the kids.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

good man Ryan

did you pull an all-nighter by the way?

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15

Yes not happy about it either. I'm in PA babysitting for my parents and doing some light house repairs while they are in the bahamas. My sleep schedule is all out of whack since I have had no real work/labor since November.

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

I would definitely keep the ball. I haven't gotten one either at a MLB game but got my share at A and AAA games.

I disagree with the comment that it wold mean more to the little kid. To me that would be much more special than to a little kid. A little brat gets that ball, and you know that a few days later or something he is going to be playing catch with that thing with a buddy or something. We all know how that ends, he will eventually lose it. If I got it, thats a memory that I can display and I have a story about how I ran over a 98 year old woman and dove across 3 rows to catch it.

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15

Quote Originally Posted by AMBlai01 View Post
    I would definitely keep the ball. I haven't gotten one either at a MLB game but got my share at A and AAA games.

I disagree with the comment that it wold mean more to the little kid. To me that would be much more special than to a little kid. A little brat gets that ball, and you know that a few days later or something he is going to be playing catch with that thing with a buddy or something. We all know how that ends, he will eventually lose it. If I got it, thats a memory that I can display and I have a story about how I ran over a 98 year old woman and dove across 3 rows to catch it.
    I agree with the last part as I'm big on the memory of it too but after the first ball I don't care what the kid I gave it too did with it. Hell I'd be happy to know that the kid is putting it to use with his friends playing a game of ball instead of sitting inside all day.

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I hate kids, so no.

Never come close.

I'm sure Willie Bee has caught over 50.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

this why I don't get balls...... Buttholes like this get them

this guy made it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO1Vr...eature=related

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

this guy made it

Beat me to it by one post.

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

WOW...that guy is the single biggest LOSER I have ever seen....

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

I have a foul ball from Torrealba on the Rockies. Great American Ballpark 2007, 9th inning. Torrelba fouled one upper deck right side. Didn't think there was much chance a ball would reach there, but it went two-three seats to the right of me and I caught it.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

One home run ball (Russ Johnson, 1997) at the Astrodome. Never a foul ball in 750+ MLB games over my life. Used to get a lot of BP home run balls out in the Crawford boxes when the new Houston stadium opened and we had season tickets.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

caught a Johnny Damon homer when he was with KC.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I was an usher for the Giants (behind 3rd base dugout) for 4 years and we are allowed to go after the foul balls. Never got one, never even close really. I went to a game at Dodgers stadium, was sitting behind the Giants dugout on the 1st base line. Foul ball bounced up and gently off the dugout roof and into my hands, of course Dodger Stadium balls have cooties, so I gave it to a nearby kid.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

this guy made it

excuse me sir, I know this area is heavily gaurded...........I wrote a book about getting BALLS

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15

I am very non-violent by nature but if I saw this guy at a game I would make it a personal goal to ruin his time at the ballpark for the thousands of times hes ruined other peoples times young and old for having this jagoff plow through for a foul ball.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I used to go to a lot of Blue Jays games in the 80's. I could have had a shot at any number of balls but my reaction is anti-traditional. I move the hell away from where the ball is going. My main concern in those days was not spilling my drink.

I don't care about a fukking baseball. I have baseballs. It would basically have to take some weird ricochet into my pocket for me to end up with it.

A buddy of mine got one. It was like, "Who cares? It's a baseball." We played baseball with it and it eventually got lost or torn up - I forget.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

My exbother inlaw Managed a record label company has 2 seats at every Dodgers game. He cant make a game an gives me and his Dad the tix Boom i catch a ball that basically goes right into my hand. Two little guys in front of me were staring at the ball i gave it to the kid about 6yrs old. Got home he found out he went ballistic i gave it away hahhahahhaha never got another free pass ...He is a stuck up rich Dik any how.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

OntheWhat paid this guy to teach him to catch balls