will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Props to Paco, Deuce, and all Lions fans!

I remember Paco's thread at the beginning of the year. Many of us were predicting 8-8, 7-9, 9-7, and 5-11.

This is an organization that's never been able to come through, disappointing fans each season. When I was kid, I would put a quarter in one of those vending machines and the Lions helmet would come out. I would toss it.

This was a team that plays in a high crime rate area and in a cold environment (watch one of Paco's video's). Detroit looked ice cold.

There have been real stars that have played there like Billy Sims. Unfortunately, his career was shortened due to injuries (5 years--this running back was fierce. You've had the great Barry Sanders. All of the talent in the world. He had a great career (left on his own terms) and had to endure playing on a loser.

The Lions could never get it right with QB's like Eric Hipple, Gary Danielson, Chuck Long, Rodney Peete,Scott Mitchell, Charlie Batch, and Joey Harrington .

You had Matt Millen making organizational decisions. You also play on every Thanksgiving Day. (Most of the time the Lions would major be dogs).

This year, you got off to a great start, a not so great mid part of the season, but you finished strong. 10-5 ---Definitely a great thing for a city that's dealt with adversity for decades. Talk about hard knocks--HBO should have the Lions on there.

A laughing stock no more--well done. I hope that your team goes far in the playoffs. They deserve it.--Will2-- I always felt sorry for this team. How must their fans have felt? Now you've got a winner
    Points Awarded:

paco gave will2survive 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: paco

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Paco, deuce triple chin boyd and tech couldn't be happier to these 3 top notch posters at sbr.
    Points Awarded:

Br0nxer gave frizzelli 24 SBR Point(s) for this post.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Thanks brotha. It is nice to finally be able to see a playoff game in 12 years.

Very excited.

Happy Holidays to u and your family,

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

it is nice to see detroit have some success.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Who gives a fukk about a fan...

If anyone got them at 75-1 or better to win the SB than they deserve props...

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Thanks brotha. It is nice to finally be able to see a playoff game in 12 years.

Very excited.

Happy Holidays to u and your family,

Happy Holidays to you also Pac--I know how it feels. I'm a Knicks fan and the last time that they won was 1973. I was 2 (I wasn't old enough). I'm dying to see the Knicks and Jets win a championship. Your team has their foot in the door. Remember when the Giants beat the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl? The Lions have as good a chance as any other team.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Thanks, men.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Team is a waste of time. Will be out quickly.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Props to the Lions for making the playoffs. As a Sam Gash fan I'm glad to see him have some success in helping coach the Lions.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

This team relies heavily on Stafford... and the DL front 4.

If opposing teams can zero in on this club... go right ahead. The Lions are finally playing like a TRUE HOME TEAM in the NFL... which is unstoppable. I think once they hit the road... you give Stafford pre-snap looks... (LB's walking up to the line... then dropping back into coverage) you can beat Detroit. Every defense Detroit has played that the LB's basically are stationary... Detroit destroys... But once they start moving around... like a Pittsburgh or Baltimore Defense... Detroit wouldn't have a chance. Not talking about experience... I'm talking about playing with Stafford's mind.

I'm not bashing Detroit... I live in Detroit. It's great for the community over here... but this could be the same thing like all the other previous LIONS PLAYOFF YEARS. The first playoff game they get blown out on the road. I mean severely blown out. Wayne Fontes all over again...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Detroit seems to be clicking

They had some tough loses

Would not be surprised if they got to super bowl

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

so cold in the d

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10272

i know its a great feeling , gl

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Great feat for the Lions and Detroit although their 5 losses came basically all from playoff teams...

Falcons
    Packers
    Saints
    49ers
    Chicago

A lot of work is still to be done...

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

^ That.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

ended any and all hope for that loser Rivers so I was very happy to see the Lions win again, and look at his stats with 1 game to go... people were giving me fukkn hell when i was drafting him in fantasy this year for my qb and then taking jimmy graham even later... fukkn idiots have no clue! drafting turds like Sanchez and Brent Celek

plus that last score, the 5 yard pick 6 by the DE who went out in a QB contain type zone and put up 1 paw and snagged Rivers complete retard of an attempt to float a pass over him... funniest shit I've seen this year