brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Lebron James Least Clutch Superstar Ever???

I was thinking about this the other day...has any other top 5 player superstar in any sport ever been less clutch than Lebron???

2-8 record in his NBA finals career playing on 2 teams that won about a combined 120 games. Dude would already have 2 titles if he just put up his usual regular season numbers

Teamprofit101
    Gmail
    Teamprofit101's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel the pressure gets to him and he doesn't know what to do sometimes.....I noticed it in when he played for Cleveland, when he needed to step up he would just fall in the back and let other players try to make it happen. In Miami he did the same thing towards the end of the finals and I believe wade or bosh stepped up and picked up his slack. I can't remember exactly.

The point is he folds under pressure when he just needs to keep pushing to get to his goal. Maybe this year it will be different........

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Arod, Kobe, Tim Duncan

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

kobe and tim duncan?

come on man those guys have a combined 9 championships

Delicious
    Delicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1827

Guy just hitting his prime, still has enough time left to learn to close out big games. If that is something that can come from practice and experience. I think some guys have it some don't.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Actually, I'm hoping South Beach never sees a championship. He's the ultimate prima donna as far as I'm concerned.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14706

It's all come too far too fast for him. Guy puts up the numbers but hasn't gotten it done when it mattered. Hasn't made anyone else around him any better - unlike other superstars winning titles have done.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Did you not see the Celtics and Bulls series last year?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Point is Lebron is not a choker statistically Duncan chokes from line Kobe from the field, Cleveland had no chance vs. San Antonio and Miami lost because of bad defense/ fluke shooting. Lebron had a couple subpar games yes but he also played out of his mind in the clutch in earlier rounds throughout his career. Beat Detroit by himself as a huge underdog.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Karl Malone had some bad moments in the clutch. Not as bad as Lebron, but you could tell he let the pressure get to him.

Some guys are just cool in the clutch, you can tell they're relaxed, they can handle the moment. Guys like that, Brady, MJ, Kobe, even when they aren't successful in the clutch, it wasn't b/c they got nervous or they were to weak mentally to handle the pressure.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

can't disagree with you here but he's 27 years old last time i checked

check the Cavs roster when they got swept in the finals then get back to me. It was a disgrace Lebron even took that team to the championship.

I think it was pretty clear last year that if you remove Lebron from the Cavs they go from the best regular season team in the NBA to the worst

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Point is Lebron is not a choker statistically Duncan chokes from line Kobe from the field, Cleveland had no chance vs. San Antonio and Miami lost because of bad defense/ fluke shooting. Lebron had a couple subpar games yes but he also played out of his mind in the clutch in earlier rounds throughout his career. Beat Detroit by himself as a huge underdog.

Are you fukking retarded????

1)Cleveland lost several close games against San Antonio with Lebron putting up awful numbers. They would have won probably 2 out of the first 4 if Lebron just put up his usual regular season numbers

2)They lost against Dallas because of bad defense?? they lost against Dallas because Lebron went from scoring 27 ppg to 20 ppg

He's supposed to be the next MJ, not the next scottie pippen. His finals numbers have been godawful

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    can't disagree with you here but he's 27 years old last time i checked

check the Cavs roster when they got swept in the finals then get back to me. It was a disgrace Lebron even took that team to the championship.

I think it was pretty clear last year that if you remove Lebron from the Cavs they go from the best regular season team in the NBA to the worst

Don't give me this sht

The cavs got swept in that series by an average of 5-6 point differential in each game. Lebron also went from scoring 27 points per game in the regular season that year to about 22 in the finals (also huge dip in field goal efficiency). You think that's a coincidence???

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Don't give me this sht The cavs got swept in that series by an average of 5-6 point differential in each game. Lebron also went from scoring 27 points per game in the regular season that year to about 22 in the finals (also huge dip in field goal efficiency). You think that's a coincidence???
    No that's called one of the best perimeter defenders in the game at the time guarding him over the course of 7 games and having Timmy D on help defense over the course of 7 games when Cleveland had 0 weapons that year and shouldn't even have made it out of the first round.

I love when guys like you talk about the regular season and the stats and then compare it to a 7 game series.

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't compare regular season to the ******* NBA finals. You're playing top teams in the championship, not Sacramento & Minnesota type squads.

But I agree. You can tell he doesn't play his best when the pressures on... Except that Detroit game where he went nuts in the 4th

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

give Lebron one more year

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

I don't know if its the pressure or what. How is it this guy can single-handed beat detroit the year they went to the finals and then just sorta evaporate? Same thing last year. He guards rose for portions of the game. Played a good series and then just faulters in the finals. You would think for someone who wants to win a championship ( or so he says) that he would play his mind out. It's like he gets to a landscape and says, well, got there, now i'm not doing shit.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    No that's called one of the best perimeter defenders in the game at the time guarding him over the course of 7 games and having Timmy D on help defense over the course of 7 games when Cleveland had 0 weapons that year and shouldn't even have made it out of the first round.

I love when guys like you talk about the regular season and the stats and then compare it to a 7 game series.

Michael Jordan would have won a title that year as well as last year. Remember that michael jordan who averaged 30 + points per game in the NBA finals???

Teamprofit101
    Gmail
    Teamprofit101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TodayIsForgotten View Post
    I don't know if its the pressure or what. How is it this guy can single-handed beat detroit the year they went to the finals and then just sorta evaporate? Same thing last year. He guards rose for portions of the game. Played a good series and then just faulters in the finals. You would think for someone who wants to win a championship ( or so he says) that he would play his mind out. It's like he gets to a landscape and says, well, got there, now i'm not doing shit.
    lol Nice, this is exactly how I feel.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Least clutch player ever is Jim Kelly, no comparisons.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

could some one please please find the thread from last year where he was saying how great lebron was and how much better he was then kobe...

brahama biggest flip flopper here

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Too early too tell

Kobe has blown so many more games that Lebron its not even funny

Lebron already greatest all around player ever

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

Michael Jordan would have won a title that year as well as last year. Remember that michael jordan who averaged 30 + points per game in the NBA finals???
    Did Jordan ever go against. Zone defense in the finals???

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I really do not like Lebron. I did for awhile, i dont mind that he went to the Heat, he earned his way to the finals with the Cavs. The man wants to win a ring. That is understandable. I really disliked him and the Heat after their "Announcement party." It was their right to do it, and it is my right to dislike them for it. I also did not like his post Finals comments last year. All that being said ....

He is not a choker. Typical example of people just focusing on a few bad things. He has made some great shots in the clutch with the cavs and he daggerd the Bulls several times in the ECF. He is still young. Give him time