Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

A Thought About NHL Coaches

I was watching hockey last night, and something crossed my mind. You can't be claustrophobic, and be an NHL coach. They have to be the most uncomfortable coaches during any sport. Baseball managers sit in the dugout, and get up when they want. NBA coaches do the same. Football coaches are standing, but at least can move around on the sidelines. NHL coaches are confined to that one little area. They don't even have anywhere to go if they need to break wind.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

meh, NHL coaches move around a little. There's not as much room granted but they can go up and down the bench. They do seem way less vocal than the other major sports coaches though; how often do you see an NHL coach get a penalty or ejected?

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Yea seems like assistant coaches do more talking and game planning strategy type things and they really don't have a lot of room behind the players bench area should be bigger

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    meh, NHL coaches move around a little. There's not as much room granted but they can go up and down the bench. They do seem way less vocal than the other major sports coaches though; how often do you see an NHL coach get a penalty or ejected?
    I never really thought of that either, but that is very true. Just for entertainments sake, they need to have the head coach's drop the gloves and fight every now and then, just so we know they are alive and well.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

You want to see the daily grind of an NHL coach, watch the piece on HBO 24/7 Road to the Winter Classic. Coaches are VERY vocal, with officiating as well.