JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3436

Look at it this way... let's say Bill Gates makes Pie's and he's the best Pie maker that ever lived. He makes a gigantic Pie and we all get a small slice of that Pie. Then one day someone comes along and says "How come YOU get so much Pie Bill? I want a bigger slice!" Then the Government comes along and forces Bill to give away virtually all of his Pie and/or they limit the size of Pie he is allowed to make. If they force Bill to make smaller Pies we will all now get a smaller slice which is worse for everyone. Moral of the story... let Bill Gates make the biggest and best Pie he can make and just be happy you're getting a slice. If you're not happy with it... make your own damn Pie! I promise you that Bill Gates will not be asking for a slice of your Pie.
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 12-24-11 at 08:34 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21401

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Look at it this way... let's say Bill Gates makes Pie's and he's the best Pie maker that ever lived. He makes a gigantic Pie and we all get a small slice of that Pie. Then one day someone comes along and says "How come you get so much Pie Bill? I want a bigger slice!" Then the Government comes along and forces Bill to give away virtually all of his Pie and/or they limit the size of Pie he is allowed to make. If they force Bill to make smaller Pies we will all now get a smaller slice which is worse for everyone. Moral of the story... let Bill Gates make the biggest and best Pie he can make and just be happy you're getting a slice. If you're not happy with it... make your own damn Pie! I promise you that Bill Gates will not be asking for a slice of your Pie.
    How about when he dies? Dead people don't make pies.

iFrat
    iFrat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Buffet produces something? He pays less taxes than the average person.

Buffets paid more taxes in one year than you will EARN in your whole life. Your post just proves your ignorance. The avg US citizen pays ZERO fed taxes btw...
    Last edited by iFrat; 12-24-11 at 04:21 PM.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3436

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    How about when he dies? Dead people don't make pies.
    I trust that Bill will distribute his Pie and recipes as he sees fit in his will.

Speaking of Pie... damn you have a lot of points!!!! I'm surprised people aren't telling you that's unfair that you have so many points. Or... begging you for some of your points. My hats off to you. I hope they never put a limit on how many betpoints you can earn.
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 12-24-11 at 08:37 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheCentaur

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21401

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I trust that Bill will distribute his Pie and recipes as he sees fit in his will.

Speaking of Pie... damn you got a lot points!!!! I'm surprised people aren't telling you that's unfair that you have so many points. Or... begging you for some of your points. My hats off to you. I hope they never put a limit on how my betpoints you can earn.
    Haha. If I die SBR can take my points back and redistribute them to the neediest posters, how about that.

Wordsworth
    Update your status
    Wordsworth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Depends. Is the money made by creating value for society i.e. people creating jobs and breakthroughs within medico, industry, green tech, you name it. Or is it some old-money heir letting some finance grads make an algorithm trade to increase his/her wealth a couple of percent points and paying a ridiculously low tax-rate for it. I consider the former as champions that deserve respect and recognition and tax exemptions, and the former and their cohorts as parasites. (Investment) Banks are by far the biggest welfare %&#res. Trillions poured into financial sewage products, which should have been poured into the real economy instead.

I'll stop here, the more I think about it the more aggravated I get. There will probably be some hedge fund parasite reading this and trying to taunt me with a provocative response. I don't care.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

You guys worship greedy businessmen like Gods and jump at the chance to be enslaved by them

Yea very hard work and dedication, paying employees slave wages with zero benefits and marking Chinese shit up 100%, yea incredible innovations, nobody woulda thought of paying ppl jack shit with no benefits if it wasnt for Sam Walton...he was the first to enslave ppl and for that he deserves 100s of billions even after his death...no no 100s of trillions...no wait EVERY DOLLAR EVERY PRINTED FOREVER

100s of billions of dollars in rewards after their death motivates businessmen to innovate like that, if they get trimmed down to a billion after they die hell Walton woulda been so disinterested in turning a profit hed have paid ppl a reasonable wage and never been motivated to innovate and have his entire workforce on welfare
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 12-24-11 at 07:20 PM.

iFrat

What's your obsession with Walmart? You get canned from there, or currently work there and hate your job?

The people who work there don't get paid more, because THEY AREN'T WORTH IT. Most of them are barely worth the min wage they make.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Although i completely disagree with your assumption i would also like to chime in on your " wallmart is slave labor and offers no benefeits" rant. Wallmart offers one of the best 401k plans for a non professional position. 100% up to 5% of your gross pay with no vesting period. Most companies offer 50% up to 4% with a 3-5 year vesting period. I worked at target and paid $12 every 2 weeks for medical. I pay around $22 a week at my current employer which is also a fortune 500 company for less benefeits. I cant verify this but many who worked at target for min wage went to wallmart and made on avg 2-3 dollars more an hour for the same title. Many companies wont give you sick days, vacation days, or any type of benefeits. The type of work wallmart minimum wage employees do is worth that amount. Minimum wage was created for people who had no skills. Most min wage employees are kid going through school. For the people who continue to work for min wage in there 30's and 40's that is because theyve aquired no marketable skills over their lifetime.*

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    Your an idiot for saying in a democracy we should think about limiting what someone should make... Go live in a dictatorship you idiot
    Don't throw stones at idiots bossman.

You do not live in a Democracy... USA is a Republic ..
    Have you ever recited the pledge?

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3623

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    You guys worship greedy businessmen like Gods and jump at the chance to be enslaved by them

Yea very hard work and dedication, paying employees slave wages with zero benefits and marking Chinese shit up 100%, yea incredible innovations, nobody woulda thought of paying ppl jack shit with no benefits if it wasnt for Sam Walton...he was the first to enslave ppl and for that he deserves 100s of billions even after his death...no no 100s of trillions...no wait EVERY DOLLAR EVERY PRINTED FOREVER

100s of billions of dollars in rewards after their death motivates businessmen to innovate like that, if they get trimmed down to a billion after they die hell Walton woulda been so disinterested in turning a profit hed have paid ppl a reasonable wage and never been motivated to innovate and have his entire workforce on welfare
    No one is being forced to work there. They can get an education and do something more useful... become a doctor, nurse, mechanic, lawyer, whatever. We each decide what to do with our lives... stop worrying about other people and worry about yourself buddy. You too have the opportunity to become a millionaire, if you work hard enough, know the right people and get some breaks.

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Quote Originally Posted by iFrat View Post

The avg US citizen pays ZERO fed taxes btw...
    True ..
    The tyrants of the early 1900's swore that only the top 2% of the people would be affected.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

As soon as the creative masterminds hit this imagined wealth limit, they'd simply quit working. They'd quit creating jobs. This could possibly be the stupidest thread of 2011.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Only a liberal democrat could come up with an idea like a "wealth limit".

"Stupidest thread of 2011" - Gets my vote!!!

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    As soon as the creative masterminds hit this imagined wealth limit, they'd simply quit working. They'd quit creating jobs. This could possibly be the stupidest thread of 2011.
    First off I'm suggesting a death tax down to a billion dollars, more money than u and andywend will see in 100000 lifetimes, it wouldnt even affect the multi-billionaire himself in life and there's no way at his death they would shut down Walmart u fukin idiots, they would just sell his shares, hell Sam Walton was already long retired when he died. BTW creating jobs at Walmart is a joke, these ppl would just be working for all the little guy retailers Walmart put out of business making at a minimum the same slave pay and likely more. Walmart doesn't create a fuckin job THE CUSTOMERS that shop there like u and I create the jobs, Walmart simply profits off the demand like someone else would if they didn't exist. Andy and fox news act like these ppl would be out of work if not for Walmart what they don't realize is that if Walmart monopolistic use of economies if scale (its cheaper to buy ketchup by the millions than by the 100s) to dominate the little guy we would actually still have family owned businesses that offered in the past one of the biggest avenues of success for the little guy, Andy feels Walmarts innovative way of putting the little guy under and paying slave wages is what keeps the country running, what a fukin tool
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 12-25-11 at 03:42 AM.

bettilimbroke999

All republicans are braindead fuks that just believe whatever bullshit mommy and daddy told them, most are brainwashed into believing hogwash like Christianity really "makes sense" aka forrest gump IQ, not that they live their lives anyway in following its teachings they just like the idea of eternal paradise as a reward for nothing other than visiting church an hour a week and its a good place to show off their new clothes and make business connections. The republican party is only concerned with making the ultra-rich richer, pretty much all democrats are braindead as well as they think the cure to everything is to get the govt to give them more, a reasonable stance is one who analyzes the mathematic facts and neither wants the plantation owner system of the republicans nor the handout system of the democrats

Right now after the repubs just borrowed over 2 trillion and ended 100s of thousands of lives under false pretenses and against the will of the American ppl in order to increase Exxon's profit margins I'm more willing to listen to the liberal nutjobs who'd at least rather give money to brokedik lazy US citizens than use it to pointlessly (unless you run an oil company or military contractor that is in which case JACKPOT!) execute poor citizens of oil rich nations

10 years and trillions of dollars and countless lives lost in Iraq, still no connection to 9/11 or threat to the US found and we finally decided to just GTFO...job well done Bush
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 12-25-11 at 04:23 AM.

andywend

First off I'm suggesting a death tax down to a billion dollars, more money than u and andywend will see in 100000 lifetimes, it wouldnt even affect the multi-billionaire himself in life and there's no way at his death they would shut down Walmart u fukin idiots, they would just sell his shares, hell Sam Walton was already long retired when he died.
    Who the hell are you to decide anything like this?

Notice how not a single person has agreed with your suggestion in this entire thread.
    Andy feels Walmarts innovative way of putting the little guy under and paying slave wages is what keeps the country running, what a fukin tool
    NOBODY is putting a gun to their heads and forcing them to work for WalMart.

Have you ever been to WalMart and compared the employees attitudes to those of Target? Even though Target pays their employees a little more than WalMart, Walmart's employees are FAR MORE PLEASANT to deal with and smile much more often than Target employees.
    I'm more willing to listen to the liberal nutjobs who'd at least rather give money to brokedik lazy US citizens
    YOU ARE A LIBERAL NUTJOB and a broke, lazy BUM so I find your statement quite comical.

bettilimbroke999

Andys a brokedik republican, kids if ur gonna be a soulless greedy fox news worshipping asshole...at least have money

andywend

If I were broke and lazy like yourself, I would be a democrat.

bettilimbroke999

Good for you Andy, the Iraqis appreciate that 2 trillion in tax dollars your party invested killing them, damn shame those lazy democrats the repubs get rich paying slave wages to need 40 billion a year to eat, they just need to eliminate food stamps and after 50 years they'll have saved enough money to kill whoevers running Iraq allover again

andywend

I don't care about the Iraqi people one bit.

Eliminating food stamps? Now theres a GREAT idea.

bettilimbroke999

For 2 trillion someone must care about them

Hard to stay off welfare with a wife and 2 kids on a 10/hr job, maybe repubs should give up the slave labor and pay hardworking ppl a living wage

iFrat

Hard to stay off welfare with a wife and 2 kids on a 10/hr job, maybe repubs should give up the slave labor and pay hardworking ppl a living wage
    Maybe you shouldn't have had 2 kids you couldn't afford. But that isnt YOUR problem right? YOU should be given welfare to take care of them...RIGHT? Hell you might have 1 more on the way. I love how people on welfare never have enough, but they always manage to find money for packs of cigarettes and beer.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

For 2 trillion someone must care about them

That guy chose the wrong line of work apparently.

You shouldn't have had two kids if you can't afford them.

I could never be a Republican because I think some people should be forced to have abortions (and they probably should have been aborted to begin with).

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Oh. And Merry Christmas.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post

Thread closed

bettilimbroke999

I could never be a Republican because I think some people should be forced to have abortions (and they probably should have been aborted to begin with).
    With double digit unemployment I'm not sure choice has much to do with it and if the poor had been aborted who would ever work these slave jobs that made the owners rich

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by iFrat View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't have had 2 kids you couldn't afford. But that isnt YOUR problem right? YOU should be given welfare to take care of them...RIGHT? Hell you might have 1 more on the way. I love how people on welfare never have enough, but they always manage to find money for packs of cigarettes and beer.
    They just raised my welfare for having a 3rd kid I can't afford, I hope they tax your ass into the homeless shelter to pay for it

Merry Christmas!

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

With double digit unemployment I'm not sure choice has much to do with it and if the poor had been aborted who would ever work these slave jobs that made the owners rich
    Mexicans.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

There's 19% unemployment in my city

I have no college degree

I have no kids

Employed by a huge corporation, and thankful I have a great paying job

Of course I don't sit on my ass all day waiting for a handout, work 60 hours a week sometimes

You'll never get anywhere in life sitting around waiting for good things to happen to you. Stop blaming other people for your problems and do something with your life, just like all those rich business people you hate
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave Cougar Bait 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

andywend gave Cougar Bait 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Albert Pujols gave Cougar Bait 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Albert Pujols

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

You do realize that there are other businesses aside from Walmart (see your mom and pop shops) that might not be able to make their bottom line with a higher minimum wage. Right?

Walmart isn't the only business in the United States.

Wanna really kill mom and pop shops? Raise minimum wage so that a guy working a job that requires no trained skill can support a wife and two kids.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    There's 19% unemployment in my city

I have no college degree

I have no kids

Employed by a huge corporation, and thankful I have a great paying job

Of course I don't sit on my ass all day waiting for a handout, work 60 hours a week sometimes

You'll never get anywhere in life sitting around waiting for good things to happen to you. Stop blaming other people for your problems and do something with your life, just like all those rich business people you hate
    I'm glad ur dad took a chance on ur dumbass and hired u....back to reality

bettilimbroke999

Mexicans.
    ...love welfare, can't speak English and ALWAYS vote democrat

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

I'm glad ur dad took a chance on ur dumbass and hired u....back to reality
    Why not concentrate on improving yourself first? Then, worry about the rest of the country.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

...love welfare and ALWAYS vote democrat
    Right. That's why most of the Mexicans here have three jobs. How many white people are sitting outside of Home Depot looking for a $10/hour side job every day?

First 1234 Last