zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I'll take both dirk over kobe by a big margin

When has Kobe ever carried a team with zero superstars to a title like Dirk did last year??? When has kobe ever dominated an entire postseason like Dirk did last year???
    Did you not watch Kobe in his prime

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    1. Lebron
    2. Howard
    3. Nowitzki
    4. Durant
    5. Williams
    Deron over rose and wade?

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Shaq took Penny Hardaway, Kobe Bryant, and Dwayne Wade to the Finals. That is pretty crazy.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

True but honestly when its all said and done none of those above mentioned guys will go down as better players than Bryant James or Wade. The one that might- only maybe- would be shaq. Jordan never really went through Shaq in his prime anyway.
    bryant and james maybe i would take some of those guys over wade. its been a good discussion i hate to say this but its the truth one game id take bryant hands down over anyone in the nba in a game 7. wether he is old losing a step or 2 doesnt matter the guy shows up in big games

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Did you not watch Kobe in his prime

Kobe's never won a ring with no superstars like Dirk did last year

Dirk's 1 playoff run >>>> Kobe's 5 playoff runs playing on probably the 5 best teams of the decade

zsr

Your right that Kobe has never won a ring without another superstar, But doesn't change that he's one of the best players of all time.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Kobe's never won a ring with no superstars like Dirk did last year

Dirk's 1 playoff run >>>> Kobe's 5 playoff runs playing on probably the 5 best teams of the decade
    neither did jordan so what are you saying?????

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post

neither did jordan so what are you saying?????

Jordan completely and utterly dominated the playoffs for his rings

Kobe's playoff numbers have never been close to Jordan. Hell you could replace kobe with any superstar for those 3 years and they would have won 3 rings simply because of how good shaq was

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

well we can agree to disagree here (which we always do ) not comparing the #'s jordan was better but he didnt win anything till pippen got there. but without the other superstar he didnt win anything either

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    well we can agree to disagree here (which we always do ) not comparing the #'s jordan was better but he didnt win anything till pippen got there. but without the other superstar he didnt win anything either

but nobody can ever argue that pippen was on the same level as jordan though. In my mind, there's no doubt that Shaq was the most dominant player on the lakers for the 3 rings. That's why it's just not the same thing

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Jordan completely and utterly dominated the playoffs for his rings Kobe's playoff numbers have never been close to Jordan. Hell you could replace kobe with any superstar for those 3 years and they would have won 3 rings simply because of how good shaq was
    you do realize that Magic Johnson and Jerry West both said that Kobe is the greatest Laker that ever lived right?

2) Pau Gasol is not a superstar. Was never a superstar. Will never be a superstar. The word superstar is getting used way too loosely here.

3) Shaq rode the three best players in the league. He rode Kobe. Then he said "lets try D Wade" where Wade completely outclassed Shaq that year in the season and the playoffs and the finals. Shaq was a lost dog without Wade. Then he said "Hey lets see if I can win with Lebron, the third best player" after he failed with Lebron "lets try Nash and Amare" after that. Let me try to go to the Celtics to "beat Kobe's 5 rings"

Shaq is a dickrider and always has been. He never did anything by himself. Never.

Bryant has already gone down as a better player in NBA history than Shaq. It's already cemented, so nothing you say can change that. Thanks.

zsr

but nobody can ever argue that pippen was on the same level as jordan though. In my mind, there's no doubt that Shaq was the most dominant player on the lakers for the 3 rings. That's why it's just not the same thing
    I agree with you here, shaq was obviously the most dominant player on those lakers. Not even close really.

Kobe obviously is nowhere near the class that Jordan is, but who is? Nobody. Of all the rest, hes still an all time great player. Top 10.

ReignMaker
    ReignMaker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

I'm sorry but what the hell are you smoking???

There's not a GM on this planet earth who would take Kobe over Wade, Lebron, Durant, Dwight Howard or Derrick Rose (that's your real top 5 list)

Kobe had his lowest scoring season in about 5 years last season and his athleticism has been in steady decline now for the last few years. This is a 32 year old player whose really more like 35-36 in basketball years (considering he's been playing for about 15 years). Kobe is still a top 10 player in the league but we'll see how much age catches up to him in the next few years

I think it's debatable if Kobe is top 3 or not, but I disagree with your reasoning. A GM has to think what makes the best sense for the franchise right now and in the long run. This does not always mean he will pick the best player right now.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

He's probably not top ten, he's been on the decline for the last 3 years at least. Not to mention he's been a little overrated his whole career.

First 12