bswagos
    bswagos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2547

Good Job Indy

After going 0-13 you win 2 games blowing your chance at the #1 pick. Way to think long term and make the best of a bad situation.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Dan Orlovsky will never live this down...

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Paying 80M for a QB when they've got bigger needs ain't that prudent. For every Andrew Luck there's a Ryan Leaf. You play to win the game.

bswagos

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Paying 80M for a QB when they've got bigger needs ain't that prudent. For every Andrew Luck there's a Ryan Leaf. You play to win the game.
    Rookie wage scale means you don't overpay. Or you trade for multiple picks. And you don't play to win the game. You play to win Super Bowls. If I was Irsay I wouldn't even let Caldwell make it to the press conference before I fired his ass.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys are playing to stay on the roster next year, to pad their stats for free agency etc. Nobody wants to be on a winless team. Theyll still have a top 5 pick as it were.

bswagos

Guys don't equal management. Employees do their job in the short term, it is up to the management to plan for the future. They just biffed it. #1 pick has much more value than #3. I heard they might have been able to get four first round picks by trading it. I would take that and being 1-15 any day.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by bswagos View Post
    After going 0-13 you win 2 games blowing your chance at the #1 pick. Way to think long term and make the best of a bad situation.
    fukk off bitch what if colts took leaf and chargers had manning since 1998.... fukk "needing" the number 1 pick... even if its a guarantee of a great player at 1... like say, LeBron James... that still guarantees nothing about the players ability to show up in tense, tough, clutch situations or that the guy won't fukk you over in the end (LeBron is a bitch)

Luck or no luck... team is proving to themselves wins can be achieved on the field without Manning at QB.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Kalil from USC is surest bet in the draft anyways.

bswagos

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    fukk off bitch what if colts took leaf and chargers had manning since 1998.... fukk "needing" the number 1 pick... even if its a guarantee of a great player at 1... like say, LeBron James... that still guarantees nothing about the players ability to show up in tense, tough, clutch situations or that the guy won't fukk you over in the end (LeBron is a bitch)

Luck or no luck... team is proving to themselves wins can be achieved on the field without Manning at QB.
    It is just common sense that there is more value in the #1 pick than the #3 pick while there is no difference between 1-15 and 2-14. I would rather give it a shot with Luck or trade for multiples then have the #3.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

It is just common sense that there is more value in the #1 pick than the #3 pick while there is no difference between 1-15 and 2-14. I would rather give it a shot with Luck or trade for multiples then have the #3.
    Colts can still be #1 pick... and 2-14 season... which is more common in the NFL than you think. teams go 3-13 and then 13-3 the next season in the NFL man

and exucse my language but im drunk

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

As long as Colts don't win another one the 1st round is theirs................

bswagos

It isn't looking good for the Vikings or the Rams to win another game given their schedules and the injuries. I am sure if Payton comes back next season the Colts will be right back at the top of rankings, but why risk it?

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

they went from a really bad to 'but they got the first pick' team to a really bad team that might get a number 3 pick. which with Barkley coming back drops off drastically.

All this might not seem like a big deal but if manning is done, or even not close to what he was. which wont be a shock given his age and the injury. That TD could be a huge deal going forward.

If you ask me that TD was a big slam on the Indy Colts future. As in they will go off into the sunset and not be heard from again.

bswagos

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    As long as Colts don't win another one the 1st round is theirs................
    Not sure what you mean right now after the Colts win the draft order will be Vikings, Rams, Colts unless Vikings or Rams win another game.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Colts still have weakest strength of schedule. They would win if teams are tied. Everyone should be fired if they win next week and jeopardize that number one pick.

bswagos

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Colts still have weakest strength of schedule. They would win if teams are tied. Everyone should be fired if they win next week and jeopardize that number one pick.
    I thought another rule was used but I think it was misstated to me.
    Last edited by bswagos; 12-23-11 at 12:07 AM.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Incorrect. Tie breaker for draft order is the previous season record.
    We are both close but incorrect. Strength of schedule from the previous season is the first tiebreaker among team with the same record. First pick is currently in jeopardy.

bswagos

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    We are both close but incorrect. Strength of schedule from the previous season is the first tiebreaker among team with the same record. First pick is currently in jeopardy.
    I think by previous season they mean this season. It is a stupid way to say it.