Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Steelers ML All Day Tonight

At first I was leaning SF in this game but now that I have the word that Big Ben will play and watching Baltimore yesterday I have no doubt that Pit is coming to play tonight.

Big Ben wants the bye now. A lot of guys on the steelers are banged up and whenever a veteran team is put in a position like this to get a bye week that's what they usually do. Brady's been doing the same thing for years.

Frank Gore is not getting more than 80 yards on the ground tonight. Alex Smith was sacked 9 times in the loss to baltimore and couldn't even throw for 1 td. The weakness in the 49ers defense is ultimately their secondary. Mike Wallace is way faster than anyone on the entire 49ers team. There's no one that can cover this guy.

I imagine Big Ben in lots of shotgun sets tonight to take pressure off that ankle. Putting him under center and having him hand it off actually puts more pressure on the ankle than a shotgun throw would. I think we'll see a good balance tonight.

Also I am hoping that Patrick Willis does not play tonight. The guy is probably the best linebacker in football so he will obviously be missed. I don't think that the 49ers defense is nearly as good without Willis in there. I am looking at this roster and just don't understand how statistically they are so good defensively. I think it's because they are in the worst division in the entire NFL.

The steelers O line is banged up and that will be my biggest concern tonight.

Taking Steelers ML for 3-4 hundred tonight. Haven't decided yet.

Lastly, don't chime in if you don't have anything to say about the game (guys like LTA no coincidences). No coincidences you are straight garbage. Had about 10 winning threads this week and you chime in on the big play that I lost. Go place your $19.57 bet.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

fukk me

just mushed the fukk out of my play

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I like the Under.

GL

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

just kidding goater

lets fukking cash this

i got it early this AM at +145

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

You look at their roster and can't understand why their defense is so good? You're joking right? Besides their secondary, where are they lacking talent?

Heart
    Heart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1457

Pittsburgh traveling to the West Coast? San Fran by 3 TDs

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11612

Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    That. Banged up o-line? Harrison on the sidelines?

I need a hell of a lot more convincing than a Roethlisberger start to go against the Niners at home on Monday night.

Niners to win = gift.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

niners have been struggling without patrick willis.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got +3 -105

GL

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    and watching Baltimore yesterday I have no doubt that Pit is coming to play tonight.
    They were going to get up for this game regardless so I don't really see what this has to do with anything. Just saying.

I think you should take the 3 points though. This has potential to be a very close game. Didn't you kind of get burned yesterday with Detroit winning by 1? Anyways, Pitt is going to have a real tough time running the ball on SF (with or without Willis). Like you mentioned, I do think the difference will be The Rapist's ability to make plays down the field, but this one won't get out of hand. Pitt +3 is my play. Good luck.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I agree with the game staying tight.

So if I was leaning steeler I would take the points.

And if I was leaning 49ers then I would take the ML.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

It's San Fran or no play. Pittsburgh is old and will not do anything this year in the playoffs.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

goat and lang on steelers.....who does brock have?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

I already made this a Big Play for you yesterday.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    goat and lang on steelers.....who does brock have?
    Sammy too.

Just sayin'.

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    It's San Fran or no play. Pittsburgh is old and will not do anything this year in the playoffs.
    unless they have a top seed. and in sure they all know that. id say this will be playoff like atmosphere and importance tonight.

pitt knows they cant win 3 straight to get to the SB. they see what happens to the Jets and how they always run out of steam on that last game. Pitt 20-16

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Did you lock this bet in without seeing if Ben plays?

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    He's playing...

just gimping around though...

"Big Ben looks pretty gimpy on the field out here at the 'Stick. But he always does this with an injury and then plays beastly."

Rick Reilly (Twitter)

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think ben will play fine. a couple of injections, plus a sprain cant really get much worse by playing. its not like its a chip or a break. by kickoff he will limp around for show but he will be 98% effective

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

hey goat thanks for the fades

hey goat would love to be your bookie man

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Big Ben no where near 100%

SF is the play

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Isn't he playing for sure?

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Adam Schefter:

To the surprise of no one, Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger is starting tonight. He's not moving well in pregame, but he will play.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Big Ben no where near 100%

SF is the play
    Do you still like the over?

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    At first I was leaning SF in this game but now that I have the word that Big Ben will play and watching Baltimore yesterday I have no doubt that Pit is coming to play tonight.

Big Ben wants the bye now. A lot of guys on the steelers are banged up and whenever a veteran team is put in a position like this to get a bye week that's what they usually do. Brady's been doing the same thing for years.

Frank Gore is not getting more than 80 yards on the ground tonight. Alex Smith was sacked 9 times in the loss to baltimore and couldn't even throw for 1 td. The weakness in the 49ers defense is ultimately their secondary. Mike Wallace is way faster than anyone on the entire 49ers team. There's no one that can cover this guy.

I imagine Big Ben in lots of shotgun sets tonight to take pressure off that ankle. Putting him under center and having him hand it off actually puts more pressure on the ankle than a shotgun throw would. I think we'll see a good balance tonight.

Also I am hoping that Patrick Willis does not play tonight. The guy is probably the best linebacker in football so he will obviously be missed. I don't think that the 49ers defense is nearly as good without Willis in there. I am looking at this roster and just don't understand how statistically they are so good defensively. I think it's because they are in the worst division in the entire NFL.

The steelers O line is banged up and that will be my biggest concern tonight.

Taking Steelers ML for 3-4 hundred tonight. Haven't decided yet.

Lastly, don't chime in if you don't have anything to say about the game (guys like LTA no coincidences). No coincidences you are straight garbage. Had about 10 winning threads this week and you chime in on the big play that I lost. Go place your $19.57 bet.
    Like SF doesn't feel NO on there backs.....

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Anyone see Ben hobbling on countdown?

I'd be shocked if he lasts the whole game. GLTA

badhunter
    badhunter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Niners are the play. They win by 9.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sf will come to play tonight, got their "letdown game " out of the way last week, this team goes deep into the playoffs Harbaugh will use this game as a prep for the playoffs
    Last edited by JR007; 12-19-11 at 06:36 PM.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Niners

MidgetTossers
    MidgetTossers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

niners win 23-17

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

No coin + TheSeer + LB vs GoatMilk + Lang + Pauly + Ralphie + Brock

Should be fun.

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    the 31st ranked redzone scoring offense in the NFL is going to win tonight by 3 TDs over the 4th best defense in the redzone??
    Last edited by oChRoNiCo; 12-19-11 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Forgot to put redzone in there ;)

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

The 49ers boast one of the league’s best defenses,but San Francisco might be without its best player in linebacker Patrick Willis.Willis has a right hamstring injury and will most likely be a game-time decision at best.He’s one of the most important players in the 49ers’ top-ranked run defense that allows just 70.5 rushing ypg.The Steelers will be missing a star linebacker of their own,as James Harrison will be serving his one-game suspension stemming from his hit on Browns quarterback Colt McCoy.Even without James Harrison and Aaron Smith the Steelers possess one of the most dominant front-seven units in the NFL and have been moderately successful at garnering sacks,ranking19th in the NFL with 30 sacks.The 49ers,on the other hand, are operating with an offensive line that ranks 25th in the NFL,giving up 39 sacks through 13 games.If the 49ers can pass-protect, giving Alex Smith enough time to operate their offense, the team has an excellent chance to win.If they don't,they will likely lose. The Steelers have the top-ranked pass defense in the league, and they have enough playmakers to give Alex Smith trouble.I don’t think the game will be too high-scoring, but if one team is going to break out, it’s going to be the Steelers. Experience counts as well, and Pittsburgh's familiarity with participating in high-stakes affairs combined with the 49ers' newness to the scene puts another check mark in the column of the reigning AFC champs, who seem to possess the requisite skills that their opponent could have plenty of trouble dealing with. I think having Willis out hurts the 49ers more than losing Harrison will hurt the Steelers.Expect Roethlisberger to play and play effectively.Got Down +3 Steelers..

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4425

49ers

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Ben playing could really mean more harm then good.

Oline banged up, He wont be able to scramble.
    Harrison Sidelined.

SF offense isnt great especially with Gore not 100%....

Take the under.

12 Last