nocturnal012
    nocturnal012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12022

guys, it was the same situation in the SNF between Saints and Lions. The score was Saints 31 Lions 17. Saints had the ball, 4th down with 01:31 left at Detroit 29 territory. Look, in this case Lions were EXACTLY 2 touchdowns away from tying the game (they don't have to go for 2-p conversions) so if Saints kicked a FG it would be a 3 possession game. I would say that Lions had a lot greater chance of tying that game than what the buccs had on this game. But what did Sean Payton do? He didn't take the FG, he ran the ball instead and it ended up in turnover on downs. SO, I would not agree with you guys that ALL the nfl coaches would've taken the FG in that position. Heck, I'm almost certain that the majority of them would've ran the ball just as Garrett and Payton did to try and end the game without the hassle of having the special team kick off after getting the FG. If you ask me though I would've taken the FG, but I just don't agree that all the other NFL coaches would've though.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was his way of trying to emotionally abuse the Bucs head coach by saying "Fukk you, this shits over anyway, you don't have a prayer".

Garrett is a sadistic bastard. He gets pleasure out of doing shit like that.

Delirium tremens
    Update your status
    Delirium tremens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1285

it's not retarded...................it's "mentally challenged"!!

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26811

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal012 View Post
    guys, it was the same situation in the SNF between Saints and Lions. The score was Saints 31 Lions 17. Saints had the ball, 4th down with 01:31 left at Detroit 29 territory. Look, in this case Lions were EXACTLY 2 touchdowns away from tying the game (they don't have to go for 2-p conversions) so if Saints kicked a FG it would be a 3 possession game. I would say that Lions had a lot greater chance of tying that game than what the buccs had on this game. But what did Sean Payton do? He didn't take the FG, he ran the ball instead and it ended up in turnover on downs. SO, I would not agree with you guys that ALL the nfl coaches would've taken the FG in that position. Heck, I'm almost certain that the majority of them would've ran the ball just as Garrett and Payton did to try and end the game without the hassle of having the special team kick off after getting the FG. If you ask me though I would've taken the FG, but I just don't agree that all the other NFL coaches would've though.
    no one said shit when payton did this because it didnt effect their bets you guys are the fools here because the only reason you are crying about him not kicking the field goal is your damn over bets i didnt see a payton sucks thread when he did that how come???? because it had no effect on YOUR BETS

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post

I think they did a couple times in the Philadelphia game.
    check your stats they didnt

nocturnal012
    nocturnal012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12022

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post

no one said shit when payton did this because it didnt effect their bets you guys are the fools here because the only reason you are crying about him not kicking the field goal is your damn over bets i didnt see a payton sucks thread when he did that how come???? because it had no effect on YOUR BETS

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

I only had a small teaser of cowboys -1.5 over 40.5, so none of this made a difference to my bet. Just because other coaches have done this, does not mean its the proper strategy. I've seen multiple times this year, teams down 10 or 11 points with 30 sec left in the game and the ball on the other teams 20. Instead of kicking a FG and leaving enough time on the clock to possibly get an onside and get a TD to tie, they run the clock out trying to get a TD.

As for the "they could Block the FG and return it for a TD, so don't risk it" philosophy, if coaches really worried about goofy crap like that, they would just kneel down instead of running the ball. The odds have to be about the same or better of a fumble on a run for a td vs a blocked FG return for a TD

ImakeBets
    ImakeBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Maybe he wants to get fired, lol

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal012 View Post
    This is very closely related but yet very different. How far did they have to go on 4th down? If I remember correctly it was less than a yard (I may be wrong and thinking of something else). A 46 yard field goal is not a chip shot either. They went for 4th down because they saw the game as still 'close' and felt going for the win by running on 4th down was the smartest choice.

Last night Garrett concluded it was more likely to run for 6 yards than kick a field goal making it a 3 score lead. An intelligent person would conclude that you are only going to get 4th and 6 by run much less than 50% of the time (and that's being very generous). A field goal from 28 yards will be kicked 95% of the time.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

it was a 4th and 1

kc new england earlier this year 4th and 4 with a minute left up 27-3 running the ball y not kneel on it or kick a field goal there? he ran it in for a 4 yard td made the 2nd half total go over by scoring the td and not kicking the fg

game is over you lost move on gl fading today

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

To anyone who says the game was over last night and the 4th and 6 run was the right call because how could they score 2 td's in a 1:37. Well Detroit just drive 99 yards to score a TD in the final 2 minutes. Still 39 seconds on the clock. Nothing is fukken impossible.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    To anyone who says the game was over last night and the 4th and 6 run was the right call because how could they score 2 td's in a 1:37. Well Detroit just drive 99 yards to score a TD in the final 2 minutes. Still 39 seconds on the clock. Nothing is fukken impossible.
    that was only 1 score not 2 and how did fading me work for ya

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

You guys are still going at this? Lol

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    You guys are still going at this? Lol
    he said he was gonna fade me so i wanted to see how that worked for him

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

The decision was made based on the fact that TB had no timeouts remaining. If they had even one timeout remaining Garrett kicks the FG. It's really 101 here & I believe that the majority of coaches if given the exact same situation they go for it as well.
    Garrett was simply trying to prevent the quick score (block returned for td). The only possible chance that Dal could have lost this game outright was if they attempted the FG. Granted it is a VERY low possibility but if a block results in a quick TD the window is open. By going for it they left literally a ZERO % chance of losing outright. No way TB can go 85 yrds convert 2-pt, get onside kick & go 60 yrds & convert another 2pt. All w/ ZERO timeouts. Especially considering how TB wasn't moving the ball well offensively.

I had over as well & was begging for them to kick it but IMHO I felt that going for it was the correct play % wise.

FG attempt & Dall wins this game outright 99.5%
    Go for it & Dall wins this game outright 99.99 %

This is my honest unbiased opinion.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Only gamblers were affected by this, I saw nothing wrong with the call, this happens alot of times

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Here is my two cents:

anybody that thinks this called wasn't retarded, is in fact themselves, retarded.

you kick the chip shot field goal and end the game. there should be no debate whatsoever as to what the right call is. 16 points in 1:30 has happened before. all it takes is a deep pass/ pass interference and then a team can score leaving 15-20 seconds to do an onside kick and a reasonable hail mary. again , even on the hail mary after the onside kick, it just takes a stupid defensive play, a good receiver play, or a penalty.

this is the NFL . anything can happen in 1:30 seconds because teams play prevent and then with all the holes underneath all it takes is 30-40 seconds to move the ball 50-60 yards.

too many boneheads at SBR that know nothing about football. in fact, most people here gambling on football actually know more about handicapping then they do about football.

some people here can sit and talk about reverse line movement all day long yet dont even understand fundamental things about a football game.

you think in the playoffs a coach would run on 4th and 5 with 1:30 left and up only two scores.

what makes this game any different than the playoffs? you guys defending that decision are boneheads yourselves.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    The decision was made based on the fact that TB had no timeouts remaining. If they had even one timeout remaining Garrett kicks the FG. It's really 101 here & I believe that the majority of coaches if given the exact same situation they go for it as well.
    Garrett was simply trying to prevent the quick score (block returned for td). The only possible chance that Dal could have lost this game outright was if they attempted the FG. Granted it is a VERY low possibility but if a block results in a quick TD the window is open. By going for it they left literally a ZERO % chance of losing outright. No way TB can go 85 yrds convert 2-pt, get onside kick & go 60 yrds & convert another 2pt. All w/ ZERO timeouts. Especially considering how TB wasn't moving the ball well offensively.

I had over as well & was begging for them to kick it but IMHO I felt that going for it was the correct play % wise.

FG attempt & Dall wins this game outright 99.5%
    Go for it & Dall wins this game outright 99.99 %

This is my honest unbiased opinion.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    Here is my two cents:

anybody that thinks this called wasn't retarded, is in fact themselves, retarded.

you kick the chip shot field goal and end the game. there should be no debate whatsoever as to what the right call is. 16 points in 1:30 has happened before. all it takes is a deep pass/ pass interference and then a team can score leaving 15-20 seconds to do an onside kick and a reasonable hail mary. again , even on the hail mary after the onside kick, it just takes a stupid defensive play, a good receiver play, or a penalty.

this is the NFL . anything can happen in 1:30 seconds because teams play prevent and then with all the holes underneath all it takes is 30-40 seconds to move the ball 50-60 yards.

too many boneheads at SBR that know nothing about football. in fact, most people here gambling on football actually know more about handicapping then they do about football.

some people here can sit and talk about reverse line movement all day long yet dont even understand fundamental things about a football game.

you think in the playoffs a coach would run on 4th and 5 with 1:30 left and up only two scores.

what makes this game any different than the playoffs? you guys defending that decision are boneheads yourselves.

well maybe you can tell me how many times this year there have been 2 offensive tds scored in 90 seconds this year by the same team without help from defense?

out of all the games played MAYBE 3 games it happened and thats a lot if you ask me out of 210 games played so far this year

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

only guys who bet the total in this game care about that 4th and 6 decision.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

my man zeta knows what the deal is

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    only guys who bet the total in this game care about that 4th and 6 decision.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

was garrett a retard today for scoring a td with a few secs left to bury all the eagles 2nd half backers

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I haven't read the replies to this post, but no, I do not think he is retarded.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

First ... 2345