FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Chip Kelly does this ALL the time.
    that's because Oregon plays some of the worst defenses in the history of college football. In the NFL coaches that know what they're doing kick that FG and put the game away.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    that's because Oregon plays some of the worst defenses in the history of college football. In the NFL coaches that know what they're doing kick that FG and put the game away.
    LOL or pick up a measly 6 yards after youve man handled the team all night and put the GAME AWAY. come on people you cant serious!

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

the game isnt put away up 2 scores and 2 2point conversions with a min 30 left with no time outs stop letting the over influence your mind

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    LOL or pick up a measly 6 yards after youve man handled the team all night and put the GAME AWAY. come on people you cant serious!
    well this must be your first season watching the NFL then... Watch the good teams, they don't leave the door opened. The girls missed a wide opened receiver to win their game against the giants. They left the door opened and the giants walked right through it. Since they gained 6 yards it looks like the right call in this game, but if the bucs got the stop, threw a hail mary, and recovered the onsides kick then people would be questioning the girls coaching. It was an Extra point FG, this was not a 35 or 40 yard kick. It's practically an Extra point.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why people are comparing college to pros is beyond me. I made this thread to try to understand Garrett's reasoning. The idiots that post it's better to be up 16 and run it on 4th and 6 or have a chip shot and be up 19 confuses me.

If you were to poll NFL coaches in this exact situation I would have to imagine over 90% would kick the field goal.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

He should of kicked the FG. I have Bailey on my fantasy team. He cost me 3 points.

hels

The posters agreeing with the 4th and 6 run are the same that agree with calling a timeout against your own field goal kicker.

hels

The 2 idiots saying the run was the correct call look like this

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

You guys arguing against the field goal are arguing just to be jerkoffs......I GUARANTEE any way you break down the percentages, kicking the field goal is the best move you can make percentage wise......If it was 4th and inches, then yeah, run the ball......There is no logical reason to run it on 4th and 6th up 2 scores...... Unfortunately they got the 1st down anyway, but I watch a ton of football and that type of situation comes up alot.......Coaches with half a a brain kick the filed goal there. There is ZERO reason to run the ball there instead of kicking the chip shot

I run so bad on these types of situations......I remember on monday night football earlier in the season, the Rams were down alot and could have either covered or put the game over on the last drive and they punted on 4th down when they were losing by double digits, Giants kneeled the next 3 plays.......WTF!!

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post

Why people are comparing college to pros is beyond me. I made this thread to try to understand Garrett's reasoning. The idiots that post it's better to be up 16 and run it on 4th and 6 or have a chip shot and be up 19 confuses me.

If you were to poll NFL coaches in this exact situation I would have to imagine over 90% would kick the field goal.

i gave you the reasoning now accept it and move on to your next bet

zoo youk

well this must be your first season watching the NFL then... Watch the good teams, they don't leave the door opened. The girls missed a wide opened receiver to win their game against the giants. They left the door opened and the giants walked right through it. Since they gained 6 yards it looks like the right call in this game, but if the bucs got the stop, threw a hail mary, and recovered the onsides kick then people would be questioning the girls coaching. It was an Extra point FG, this was not a 35 or 40 yard kick. It's practically an Extra point.
    holy shit.

wow.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    You guys arguing against the field goal are arguing just to be jerkoffs......I GUARANTEE any way you break down the percentages, kicking the field goal is the best move you can make percentage wise......If it was 4th and inches, then yeah, run the ball......There is no logical reason to run it on 4th and 6th up 2 scores...... Unfortunately they got the 1st down anyway, but I watch a ton of football and that type of situation comes up alot.......Coaches with half a a brain kick the filed goal there. There is ZERO reason to run the ball there instead of kicking the chip shot

I run so bad on these types of situations......I remember on monday night football earlier in the season, the Rams were down alot and could have either covered or put the game over on the last drive and they punted on 4th down when they were losing by double digits, Giants kneeled the next 3 plays.......WTF!!
    not arguing to be a jerk off just telling the truth if you didnt have money on the game or bailey on your ff squad no one would be questioning this.

stig99
    stig99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

yes retarded... should have made it a 3 score game

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

up 16 points to a team you have dominated all game they are not going to score 2 times and get 2 2point conversions if it was the colts or the pats yeah u kick the fg and go up 3 scores we are talking about the fukking bucs here

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    not arguing to be a jerk off just telling the truth if you didnt have money on the game or bailey on your ff squad no one would be questioning this.
    I had both

But you could say that about alot of things.....All you can ask the coach to do in EVERY SITUATION is make the correct call, percentage wise..... Inexplicably he did not and it fukked alot of us

hels

the game isnt put away up 2 scores and 2 2point conversions with a min 30 left with no time outs stop letting the over influence your mind
    i gave you the reasoning now accept it and move on to your next bet
    You said, "the game isnt put away up 2 scores and 2 2point conversions." This is exactly what I am saying.

zoo youk

are you even taking into consideration that the odds of Tampa Bay blocking the FG and running at back for a TD are higher than freaking Josh Freeman dinking and dunking the ball down the field scoring a td get the 2 point conversion than onsides and repeat in a minute thirty with no time outs?

this is like talking to a wall. open your mind.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

you said, "the game isnt put away up 2 scores and 2 2point conversions." this is exactly what i am saying.
    sarcasm bro

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

up 16 points to a team you have dominated all game they are not going to score 2 times and get 2 2point conversions if it was the colts or the pats yeah u kick the fg and go up 3 scores we are talking about the fukking bucs here
    Who cares if you think they weren't coming back.....You are up 2 scores, WHY NOT go up 3 scores......WHY THE FUKK NOT

hels

With you saying this then they should kick the field goal without question as being up 3 scores should put the game away?

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Who cares if you think they weren't coming back.....You are up 2 scores, WHY NOT go up 3 scores......WHY THE FUKK NOT
    injuries if they dont get it then they play prevent keep everything in the middle of the field and get out of the game with no more injuries.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

injuries if they dont get it then they play prevent keep everything in the middle of the field and get out of the game with no more injuries.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-17-15 at 04:18 PM. Reason: image does not exist

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

With you saying this then they should kick the field goal without question as being up 3 scores should put the game away?
    i was being sarcastic the game was over THE BUCS werent gonna score 2 times and 2 2point converions in 90 secs

FindTheLock

the easiest way to look at it is this. Ask any coach in the NFL with a winning record if he would like to be in a position to kick a 20 yard FG with a minute and 38 seconds to go up by 3 scores. I doubt he would even care what down it was, because he would answer yes.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Getting the 1st down by running the ball on 4th and 6 was not supposed to happen.....They were running the ball expecting to get stopped anyway......WHo the fukk runs the ball on 4th and 6 that is ACTUALLY TRYING to get the 1st down

The fact that they got the 1st down makes it even harder for us to argue because that wasn't supposed to even happen and now makes it look like the correct call

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

the easiest way to look at it is this. Ask any coach in the NFL with a winning record if he would like to be in a position to kick a 20 yard FG with a minute and 38 seconds to go up by 3 scores. I doubt he would even care what down it was, because he would answer yes.
    any coach except maybe belichek would laugh at that question

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

EXACTLY

Anyone arguing to run the ball on 4th and 6th instead of kicking a chip shot to go up 3 scores is embarrassing themselves

hels

Getting the 1st down by running the ball on 4th and 6 was not supposed to happen.....They were running the ball expecting to get stopped anyway......WHo the fukk runs the ball on 4th and 6 that is ACTUALLY TRYING to get the 1st down The fact that they got the 1st down makes it even harder for us to argue because that wasn't supposed to even happen and now makes it look like the correct call
    Exactly. Are they going to put in their backup defense in a 2 score game? No. They will play their starters until the very end.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

ok just answer this question do you really think the bucs were gonna score 2 tds in 90 sec with no time outs?they scored one td all game on offence qb was throwing 5 yard passes all damn game cmon guys take your over money out of this would you even question this call

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Exactly. Are they going to put in their backup defense in a 2 score game? No. They will play their starters until the very end.
    If the Cowboys were SO WORRIED about injuries than why were their offensive starters in on that last drive???

So dumb

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

ok just answer this question do you really think the bucs were gonna score 2 tds in 90 sec with no time outs?they scored one td all game on offence qb was throwing 5 yard passes all damn game cmon guys take your over money out of this would you even question this call
    NO but that's not the point......Any smart coach kicks the FG there. END OF STORY.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Why are people even arguing against kicking the field goal.....I haven't seen a legit argument yet to NOT KICK there.

FindTheLock

the point is that you can't count on the cowboys coaching staff to make competent decisions in critical situations. This was the wrong call because the possibility was there. Even if it is a 1-50 chance there was a chance. If the cowboys make that chip shot kick there was 0 chance for the bucs to come back. That is the only logical decision. There is also a higher risk of injury to your starters by running the ball instead of kicking an easy FG with your back ups blocking on special teams.

hels

If the Cowboys were SO WORRIED about injuries than why were their offensive starters in on that last drive??? So dumb
    I'm agreeing that the field goal should have been kicked. I was asking those against it, if in a 2 score game they would play their backup defense. It would be stupid to do that.

First 12345 Last