Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Bonds Gets Probation

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/73...s-house-arrest

We witnessed a great injustice today. Barry Bonds avoided jail time and this monster will be left free to roam the streets (after 30 days) despite the fact that his batting helmet size was proven to have increased in size while he was playing.

Speaking of injustices- some people keep trying to baselessly accuse Ryan Braun of using steroids based only on the flimsy fact that he tested positive for steroids. What a twisted world we live in!

Mr. Lucky
    Mr. Lucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

I guess its ok to lie to congress. Bonds is a DUMMY! I'm a giants fan, see my picture but they have brought shame and disgrace so now I support the San Jose A's.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

this monster will be left free to roam the streets
    making him sound like a murderer/rapist...

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

Athletes with money never go to jail

Chimneyfish

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    making him sound like a murderer/rapist...
    It was sarcasm. People are bending over backwards to defend Braun, only stopping long enough to complain about Bonds not getting a harsher punishment.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Bonds is scum and a disgrace to the game. he should have been sent up the river.

Chimneyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky View Post
    I guess its ok to lie to congress.
    I don't think it's ok. A crime is a crime. But as far as the baseball world goes, you can't say that A-Rod gets treated nearly as harshly as Bonds does, despite his positive test and admission. Go to any bar outside of the Bay Area and bring up both of their names and see which one gets called a "cheater."

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ehh, I don't give a fukk.

He entertained us for multiple years.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post
    I don't think it's ok. A crime is a crime. But as far as the baseball world goes, you can't say that A-Rod gets treated nearly as harshly as Bonds does, despite his positive test and admission. Go to any bar outside of the Bay Area and bring up both of their names and see which one gets called a "cheater."
    A-rod admitted to it, obviously due to the positive test but still he didn't blame it on some type of accident. While Bonds lashed out on the media and continued to deny it.

Chimneyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    A-rod admitted to it, obviously due to the positive test but still he didn't blame it on some type of accident. While Bonds lashed out on the media and continued to deny it.
    But whether a player admits it or not doesn't have any bearing on the extent to which he cheated the game through using steroids. Most people are pretty certain that A-Rod will go on to get into the Hall of Fame on an early ballot, while most people also think that Bonds should never get in. I don't think that a player's personality should be the deciding factor in judgements pertaining to their performance.

And plus, no baseball player ever admits to using steroids before he gets caught. Bonds' case was unique in that he never tested positive on a league test. It's kind of unrealistic to assume that all these other saintly players would have stepped up to "do the right thing" if there was never any direct evidence proving their guilt. Also, there's plenty of other guys who have tested positive and deny it to this day, yet still don't get criticized nearly as much as Bonds. Ryan Braun is apparently one of them.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

what a joke..bunch of jealous fagz deprived us of watching one of the greatest ever not hit another couple of hundred homers...for what crime?...getting yourself in better shape to perform better as an athlete?..and now house arrest...truly a travesty of justice...funny how 90% of baseball, including pitchers can upgrade their physique but they go after bonds..pathetic lil weasels.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

The bigger joke here is the United States spent 8 years and who knows how many thousands of $'s going after this guy only to make him sit in his Mansion for a month.

Seems well worth it to me!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Ehh, I don't give a fukk.

He entertained us for multiple years.

He is probably in good enough shape to come back and help somebody. Wish he would.

RumHam
    RumHam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 149

a-roid is a piece of shit

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No biggie

He did not hurt anyone and not a criminal

everyone was on roids
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: big0mar

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    He is probably in good enough shape to come back and help somebody. Wish he would.
    Are you kidding? The steroids really helped at his age....he would be shit without them.

Chimneyfish

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    I'm hoping the Giants will sign him as a hitting coach after his legal stuff is over. He's one of the smartest hitters to ever play the game. Say what you will about the steroids stuff, but no cream can give you such a great feel for the strike zone and no injection can teach you the best way to approach a certain pitcher. I think that one of the most impressive and under-appreciated of his many records is that he leads baseball in career base-on-balls.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

I hate barry bonds but no reason to put him in jail for doing roids, jail time would be ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as congress spending our taxpayer money on going after these guys like a previous poster said, no wonder our country is broke and fukked up. I couldnt believe they were gonna go after the patriots too for spygate. Ridiculous.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

At least when Bonds played you saw less of my avatar on sportsline.com....

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Are you kidding? The steroids really helped at his age....he would be shit without them.
    it's not like he was the best player in the game before he started on them

oh wait...