ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

HS Athletes suspended for doing Tebow pose

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Unreal. If the administration just ignored it, the kids eventually would have gotten bored, and stopped doing it. Talk about making a molehill into a mountain.
    Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave Mr KLC 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its out of control

This guy ever wins this week the world will stop

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

"The students were not suspended for bringing religion into the school, but instead for clogging the hallway."

So schools allow bullying to go on, they allow girls to dress like strippers / hookers, but god forbid someone clogs the hallways doing the Tebow .... lol

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Ironically. Tebow was home schooled. LOL

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I guess it is better than them imitating one of the law breaking NFL players, but it is still annoying. Religion is stupid.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32273

And the kids that impersonate Sam Hurd get away with it.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Unreal. If the administration just ignored it, the kids eventually would have gotten bored, and stopped doing it. Talk about making a molehill into a mountain.
    I disagree. Feels like the kind of kids that would keep pushing the envelope until they drew enough attention. Tebowing LMFsmokeabowlAO.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsbetting123 View Post
    I guess it is better than them imitating one of the law breaking NFL players, but it is still annoying. Religion is stupid.
    Word.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    I disagree. Feels like the kind of kids that would keep pushing the envelope until they drew enough attention. Tebowing LMFsmokeabowlAO.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

[

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Looks like a huge fire hazard. They deserved the suspension.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

asshattery should never be tolerated... im amazed zeta hasnt been stuffed upside down in his moonwoof yet

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

No warnings, no detentions just straight out suspensions. Draco would be proud.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post
    No warnings, no detentions just straight out suspensions. Draco would be proud.
    They were warned alot. In fact, 2 kids were given a pass and not suspended because the other two were warned alot more then them and it wouldnt be fair.

It never says if they got in school or out of school suspension.

This isnt religious at all, it is a couple of kids trying to be funny, they were warned, they ept doing it and got 40 kids to Tebow with them in the hallways in between class when you only have 3 minutes to get to your next class. The school was worried it would clog the hallways and the wrong kids would get pushed by people trying to fight the crowd and get to class and a giant fight would break out. They were warned, they kept doing it, they were punished.
    That is how life works.
    I am not sure why so many people have a problem with this.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DrStale

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

In my opinion, "Tebowing" isn't about randomly getting on one knee and praying to get attention, done as a joke, or done in the middle of a hallway.

Obviously, Tim Tebow is very religious, and he feels compared to get on a knee and thank his Savior Jesus Christ. I'm sure he prays constantly, not just when he's on a Football field and can be seen by a camera.

Anyways, the point i'm trying to make is that it seems as if these kids were doing it as a joke/for attention, and to be cool. I can see why it'd be a distraction, and I think the suspension is justified. However, I think the schoolboard needs to be clear about what the students can/can't do, and tell them if they are allowed praying on the Football field.

Tebow doesn't want the fact that he gets down on one knee and prays after a Touchdown to be about him, he wants it to be about God. If you go to a public school, it's going to be hard to show your faith without some sort of scrutiny. If the kids parents are that outraged by it, they should send them to a private school.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

suspended for repeatedly blocking the hallway after warnings were issued.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post

Tebow doesn't want the fact that he gets down on one knee and prays after a Touchdown to be about him, he wants it to be about God. If you go to a public school, it's going to be hard to show your faith without some sort of scrutiny. If the kids parents are that outraged by it, they should send them to a private school.
    guy, did u read the fukkin article??? you really think these teenage kids were just showing respect to their God in between classes???

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    They were warned alot. In fact, 2 kids were given a pass and not suspended because the other two were warned alot more then them and it wouldnt be fair.

It never says if they got in school or out of school suspension.

This isnt religious at all, it is a couple of kids trying to be funny, they were warned, they ept doing it and got 40 kids to Tebow with them in the hallways in between class when you only have 3 minutes to get to your next class. The school was worried it would clog the hallways and the wrong kids would get pushed by people trying to fight the crowd and get to class and a giant fight would break out. They were warned, they kept doing it, they were punished.
    That is how life works.
    I am not sure why so many people have a problem with this.
    I retract my statement then

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Funny , the Liberals are defending the school admin

However...

If these same kids were deadbeat OWSers and were Occupying their school and got suspended - Liberals would be calling the School Admin Fascists

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post

I retract my statement then
    That whole things wasn't directed at you. Just the beginning part, then i kinda went on a rant about the whole situation

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    guy, did u read the fukkin article??? you really think these teenage kids were just showing respect to their God in between classes???
    Yep, I read the article! I was just pointing out that these kids are probably a bunch of tools trying to be cool!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should water board them, then suspend them.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should line them up at the nearest glory hole........

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Separation between Church and State. Nothing new here, instead of a bunch of uneducated buffoons kids trying to make it on the news.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

the article's author is a bad journalist. if you kneel in the endzone it is excessive celebration penalty, which tebow doesn't do.