doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

KLC these things never end well pal. if you don't want to throw your marriage away don't hang out with the fitness chick. you will not need to lose 100 lbs before the wife gets jealous. it's just a woman's nature too.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

drop the weight man up. look good. Make your wife go crazy. Then maybe she'll drop some weight. There is nothing hawt about seeing a 100lb overweight guy trying to bang out reps in the gym. You need Muscle. Muscle burns more calories than fat. So get lifting. Lift hard 3x a week. Its 80% diet 20% workout. Good luck.

1. Weights for the beginner (those looking to gain muscle and/or strength)

If you are new to working out and your goal is muscle mass and strength, Starting Strength is one of the best routines you can do. I would strongly suggest purchasing the book because it has at least 40-50 pages on squat technique alone along with the other technical aspects of the lifts that will help you make optimal progress. The writeup, however, is online in the link below.

>> Buy Starting Strength -- great on basic lifting technique & gaining mass and strength.
    >> Starting Strength wiki
    >> Starting Strength 2nd edition PDF
    >> Why Starting Strength? -- the novice effect

The Stronglifts 5x5 program is a classic alternative to Starting Strength if desired. Another helpful writeup on this program.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

we need pics of the fitness trainer

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

I told her about it, and she's all right with it. She says she trusts me, but I'm bringing my 18 year old with me every time so there is no look of impropriety. I told her if she wants to come along, she's more than welcome to also. As far as the guy that brought up Charles In Charge. I never watched an episode of it. I couldn't stand Scott Baio on Happy Days when he was just a co-star, let alone a star of his own show.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok so you're asking what to do if you lose 100 lbs?..LOL...get the fuckk outta here this isnt science fiction no way you will lose 100 lbs..if you do then congrats..but i will put that line at 10,000/1..what kind of retarded question are you asking here?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Fukken pansy, get off sbr.
    Actually my wife has been trying to get me to go out with some of my friends instead of spending time on the computer. Seems there are a bunch of teenage, immature, piss ant, Vancouver Canuck fans on this board that I waste my time reading their posts.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    ok so you're asking what to do if you lose 100 lbs?..LOL...get the fuckk outta here this isnt science fiction no way you will lose 100 lbs..if you do then congrats..but i will put that line at 10,000/1..what kind of retarded question are you asking here?
    You will never have a career as a motivational speaker.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

I really wasn't asking a question. I was throwing a topic out there that I'm going through. I'm a 40 something, which can be related to the famous "mid-life crisis". If I start looking better, my wife could possibly be wondering if I'm fooling around with the lady because she was able to spark something that my wife was unable to. The fact that my wife also has MS might not help her perception either. I do have a motivation to get back into shape because there is the possibility that she might have to be taken care of in later years, and I don't want that burden to fall on my kids.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Don't EVER train with a woman. WTF is wrong with you?

mh217

dude if you love your wife and your wife loves you then im sure she will be happy if you lost any type of weight because it would increase your life span....obese people die young, right now you are walking around with a 25lb dumbell on your heart....so getting into better shape should be something you need to do for yourself and your family..are you seriously this dense or is SBR just a place where morons create ridiculous threads for attention...tell me you arent serious..i want to believe people arent this freakin retarded.

TheBettingMan
    TheBettingMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

Training with a woman trainer or not, the fact that you are losing weight will get your wife to start thinking that she better get on the ball too or she will lose you to some other woman if you end up looking pretty good. It seems to be the way marriages go...if you up your "sexual level" then the other partner starts to try to catch up to maintain a balanced "sexual level" in the marriage. FWIW.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

dude if you love your wife and your wife loves you then im sure she will be happy if you lost any type of weight because it would increase your life span....obese people die young, right now you are walking around with a 25lb dumbell on your heart....so getting into better shape should be something you need to do for yourself and your family..are you seriously this dense or is SBR just a place where morons create ridiculous threads for attention...tell me you arent serious..i want to believe people arent this freakin retarded.
    Easier said than done, my friend. I've been married for 2 decades, and obese for about that long. Its not a matter of love. The love is there. The weight is always something I've put on the back burner because of work, raising kids, etc. When you get older, things get more complex, and things aren't always as easy to do as you might perceive it to be at a younger age. Women can be a complicated creature. Especially when they get older. I'm already hearing the old adage from her about how men look better as they get older, and women just wrinkle away. You can tell them that's not true a million times, and they still won't believe it.

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    KLC these things never end well pal. if you don't want to throw your marriage away don't hang out with the fitness chick. you will not need to lose 100 lbs before the wife gets jealous. it's just a woman's nature too.
    Best post of the thread right here. ^^^^^^^

The idea of shedding some extra pounds is great. Working out and dieting in order to help out sounds appropriate as well. You have to be careful with others intentions regardless if yours are harmless. I'm not saying she is being anything but sincere however it sounds like she should know multiple people to work out with being a fitness trainer for 15 years. One would think working out with her occasionally is fine but 2-3 times a week is probably pushing it. You have a couple things working against you here. 1) you already spend a substantial amount of time around her due to being a co-worker 2) she is female 3) your married 4) you said she is a hottie. You seem like a genuine good guy and it shouldn't be any trouble finding others to work out with. Its one thing to work out with 7 or 8 different people than routinely working out with another female.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post

mh217

look man i read your opening line about how you were worried you would lose a 100 lbs and blah blah..chances of someone that has let themself go to the level that they need to lose triple figures is one in 10 million..so i dont get what this thread is about..a guy that is obese for 2 decades should be trying to get in shape before he ends up dead..but 99% chance it wont happen as your makeup and habits are such that you cant do it..so dropping 100 ls and becoming attractive to women is the biggest pipe dream..dude you need a wakeup call..in the words of sandusky's lawyer call 1800 reality!!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

KLC, I will hook you up with a diet and weigh training plan, specialized just for you.... All I need is photos of your front and back in a bikini.... You're welcome..

baazigar
    baazigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    never ever ever!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

KLC your a fukkin emotional wreck

GEt back here and start posting and gambling

Good for you working out though but lets not get too fukkin wrapped up in all this fukkin bullshit

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Easier said than done, my friend. I've been married for 2 decades, and obese for about that long. Its not a matter of love. The love is there. The weight is always something I've put on the back burner because of work, raising kids, etc. When you get older, things get more complex, and things aren't always as easy to do as you might perceive it to be at a younger age. Women can be a complicated creature. Especially when they get older. I'm already hearing the old adage from her about how men look better as they get older, and women just wrinkle away. You can tell them that's not true a million times, and they still won't believe it.
    Ignore the posters who have yet to hit puberty ...

I think it's great that you're trying to lose weight. Being healthy should be a top priority for you and getting back in shape is great. If and when your wife does start to get jealous, by this time you should have been able to learn enough from the personal trainer to be able to continue working out on your own without any help so it should be a non-issue, in my opinion.

Then again, you can never really figure women out, so hard to tell but I think it's worth it if it means you shed the 100 lbs you were looking at. I wish you the best and hope it goes well.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

goodluck...

if things go bad ill take wife -0.5 rounds and by tko

DHB
    DHB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 867

i like how you think that this drop dead gorgeous trainer (whom you're not attracted to)
    will be attracted to you once/if you lose 100 pounds.

maybe that's the motivation you need to lose the weight.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

I'm making a note to self.... bump this thread in 6 months when guy is in shape and banging the "drop dead gorgeous trainer-co worker."

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

the "secret" to losing weight is burning more calories than you take in.

who needs a fukkin trainer for that?

i realize this is a free offer, but it amazes me people pay for this shit. if you need to train for an ironman or strongman then fine get a trainer...to try a few pounds though? unreal

macoeric
    Update your status
    macoeric's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8041

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    the "secret" to losing weight is burning more calories than you take in.

who needs a fukkin trainer for that?

i realize this is a free offer, but it amazes me people pay for this shit. if you need to train for an ironman or strongman then fine get a trainer...to try a few pounds though? unreal
    Weight yes, FAT, no...

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by macoeric View Post
    Weight yes, FAT, no...
    you can't pick which areas you want to lose fat from

macoeric
    Update your status
    macoeric's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8041

you can't pick which areas you want to lose fat from
    Did I say that?

RudyRuetigger

who knows what u said..it was 4 fukkin words

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    get her pregnant or it didn't happen

This.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Actually my wife has been trying to get me to go out with some of my friends instead of spending time on the computer. Seems there are a bunch of teenage, immature, piss ant, Vancouver Canuck fans on this board that I waste my time reading their posts.
    Come out at me with unknowing insults while you admitted to being a fat, pussy whipped loser who is not attracted to drop dead gorgeous girls. You got problems brah.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

who knows what u said..it was 4 fukkin words
    I think he meant you will lose muscle first which is heavier than fat...

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

Ahh. Always a good laugh when the Crows come out in these threads. ^^^ muscle and fat weigh the same.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9082

your wife will probably jealous no matter what the lady looks like. thats just how females are.

if the lady was not so pretty, that could possibly create a bigger problem, because now you are looking better and the trainer is not so far out of your league (no offense, just going off your story and your wifes potential point of view)

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

This broad won't see you through a 100 lb. loss. Maybe 5-10 lb. fat loss the first month, give you the tools to exercise on your own, and say hi/bye when you run across each other at the gym and talk about training/life-style at the office. Only shot you have with her would get too personal. If you bang her your marriage would end.
    Last edited by 8ArIvd5; 12-17-11 at 02:14 AM.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I think he meant you will lose muscle first which is heavier than fat...
    Are you sure? Usually newbies gain weight due to muscle growth then lose weight later. That's why fatties should gauge their progress by a mirror/feeling/fat % rather than a scale. Studs go by Str/Lb.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

your wife wants you to lose weight (if you are large). whatever it takes.

she will be thrilled.

First 123 Last