Betpoints: 86

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

How can people hate on this winner?

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

My favorite athlete of all time for what he does on the field and who he is off of the field. A champion in life.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

who is tebow ?

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    How can people hate on this winner?
    Jealousy.

Teams get Tebowed, not Urlachered.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

All those clips of different guys in the leftist sports/media bashing Tebow for his Christianity. Too many to count.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Had a chat about this subject a few nights ago with some buddies....

Basic consensus being that part of us has been converted into appreciating this guy for the skills and tenacity he possesses. Somehow finds a way to get the job done, even if it aint ever pretty.

The other part however feels uncomfortable in knowing the guy is so into his religion that its kinda freakin us out. Your dealing with a personal subject here that can be highly emotive remember...

From a secular societal viewpoint if i wanna see ppl praying on tv then il switch over to one of those late late night tele-evangelists. Please dont be showing tebow religious displays during a sporting event. When was the last time anyone saw a agnostic creating visual displays of belief on the sporting field?? Doesnt happen, does it??

Lets keep the separation between sport and religion just that, a separation...

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Had a chat about this subject a few nights ago with some buddies....

Basic consensus being that part of us has been converted into appreciating this guy for the skills and tenacity he possesses. Somehow finds a way to get the job done, even if it aint ever pretty.

The other part however feels uncomfortable in knowing the guy is so into his religion that its kinda freakin us out. Your dealing with a personal subject here that can be highly emotive remember...

From a secular societal viewpoint if i wanna see ppl praying on tv then il switch over to one of those late late night tele-evangelists. Please dont be showing tebow religious displays during a sporting event. When was the last time anyone saw a agnostic creating visual displays of belief on the sporting field?? Doesnt happen, does it??

Lets keep the separation between sport and religion just that, a separation...
    He's never going to change, though. There is always going to be a percentage of people that hate him. But the Bible he reads tells him that he will be hated by the world, because the world hated Jesus, too. I don't think he's too concerned about pleasing anyone but God.