BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Are FOX NEWS alerts stuff you remember growing up as commonplace events?

Anyone leave FOX News on where you get all excited hearing that an alert is taking place where they flash alert across the screen?It turns out where some kid brought a Swiss Army knife to school for show and tell and the school went on lock down.

Hell,I remember every day in school in the 60's and 70's where kids would brand kids with welding rods,girls would punch peep holes to see the boys swim naked,teachers would overturn kids in their desks and stomp on them where they were bloody pulps.Nothing ever became of it all.By all means,everyone should have been awarded million dollar legal settlements from the school.

They would have needed a full time FOX News crew at the school to report everything going down.Under reacting back then to awful things and over reacting today to trivial matters.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Yeah, I agree. I don't even flinch when they come out now. Its like the boy that cried wolf.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Fuk Fox News.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Watch Fox for a laugh every once in a while.

Yes, do remember those days of teachers snapping on kids. I know I didn't like that shit.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Don't they all do this? Only shows on Fox I watch are the weekend business ones and Stossel but I think they even open with the 'doooong' and red alert screens. I know Ed Schultz is big on his show with the Breaking News alerts and huge arrows pointing to the scripts "Just in...Unions are mad at Scott Walker: "Just in Occupiers are setting up another tent"

I like the ESPN Alerts better...scrolls on all the networks so ya don't miss much.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

BREAKING NEWS: BrentCrude threads are garbage.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ehp6737

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

Brent,
    I went to school in the 60s and 70s and I sure as hell never swam naked with any guys.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post

This is what I do after seeing a BrentCrude thread. I wish I could just not open them, but like a car wreck, you gotta look.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    Anyone leave FOX News on where you get all excited hearing that an alert is taking place where they flash alert across the screen?It turns out where some kid brought a Swiss Army knife to school for show and tell and the school went on lock down.

Hell,I remember every day in school in the 60's and 70's where kids would brand kids with welding rods,girls would punch peep holes to see the boys swim naked,teachers would overturn kids in their desks and stomp on them where they were bloody pulps.Nothing ever became of it all.By all means,everyone should have been awarded million dollar legal settlements from the school.

They would have needed a full time FOX News crew at the school to report everything going down.Under reacting back then to awful things and over reacting today to trivial matters.
    Yeah, ummmmm loooney tunes, what f'in school allowed you to swim naked with the guys?

Gay much?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Brent,
    I went to school in the 60s and 70s and I sure as hell never swam naked with any guys.

It was common in NE pa. Every boy swam naked and it is true the girls had little peep holes and watched us. We never gave it a second thought. Many guys got cracks on a bare ass with a flotation device made of a light wood. Oh yeah, I remember it well.

Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was Sandusky your PE teacher?

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

When FOX first got a national news station, it'd be exciting to listen for alerts (shootings, car chases, etc). Now they do an alert for a presidential candidate taking a sh!t. Not what it used to be that's for sure. I went to school in the 80's where it was common place for students to bring their rifles/shotguns to school in their back window gun rack after a weekend of hunting. No one thought anything of it. And before you even ask, yes I'm in Alabama

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    It was common in NE pa. Every boy swam naked and it is true the girls had little peep holes and watched us. We never gave it a second thought. Many guys got cracks on a bare ass with a flotation device made of a light wood. Oh yeah, I remember it well.
    Not in D.C.
    Did have to shower with the boys part of the class after gym though.
    People today would be in shock if 1/2 the stuff went on like it used too.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Facepunch View Post
    Was Sandusky your PE teacher?

Actually I still remember my swimming teacher. Scary guy but the poor guy died early heart attack. When I attended high school it was no big deal if a teacher beat you without mercy. I got a punch in the face, not a slap, a punch for simply stating my opinion one time too often to an English teacher. And I didn't present a wise guy question or poor attitude just too many questions. I took the punch and never even told my dad because that would have only led to more cracks.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

I don't watch fox news or consider then a credible source. I think that's more of a middle of the US thing.