zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

all in all GREAT UFC PPV tonight. agree?

Mir broke the hell out of Nogs arm..one of the sickest breaks I've ever saw.

one guy got knocked out first round 7 seconds.

and Jon Jones chin got tested big time..first time he ever got hurt...than he split Machidas forehead open with an elbow and than literally put him to sleeping in a stand up choke hold.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

You paid for it? Why?

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    literally put him to sleeping in a stand up choke hold.
    Yeah he looked deceased when he fell to the mat, and it was strange to see him coherent 30 seconds later

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

One of the better ones over the past year...for sure. I would say Dana has a few decisions to make....like does he let Tito Ortiz fight one last time? Who does Bones fight next? Evans? Who fight's Mir next? For the love of God...enough of the Nog's for a while

Scoobdog24
    Scoobdog24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3765

Great card.

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

Mir broke the hell out of Nogs arm..one of the sickest breaks I've ever saw.

one guy got knocked out first round 7 seconds.

and Jon Jones chin got tested big time..first time he ever got hurt...than he split Machidas forehead open with an elbow and than literally put him to sleeping in a stand up choke hold.
    Did he really break his arm or did he just pop it out? It looked like he separated his shoulder, but it was gruesome and fukking awesome. Everyone at the bar was like OOOOOOO...OMG, WHY ANOTHER REPLAY.

Was a good event.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

i think it would have been perfect except for the hominick/kz fight. I had no money on it but we definitely missed out on some fireworks in that one.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

i seriously was disturbed by how some are seriously hurt especially when machida was really out cold. The fight remind me of this boxer who died after the fight.

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

No just no...I gotta say as someone who trained pre getting sick.....massive massive massive difference between being choked unconscious and getting knocked the fuk out via punches

Sorry don't mean to be a dik but it's not comparable.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Great night in UFC 140 last night for sure.

For those that want to see it again, for the first time or any other great boxing or MMA matches go here:

http://www.allthebestfights.com

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

i agree. lots of action. i was very pleased.

from mir reversing the ground position on nog and rippin his arm off, to jones puttin machida to sleep to hect coming back with a few timely elbows to contantinos just doing work with his fists etc etc etc

that was fun to watch.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Who says I paid for it? Lol

Is there anyway Jones can fight Silva or St Pierre is it the weight class to dramatic?

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Who says I paid for it? Lol Is there anyway Jones can fight Silva or St Pierre is it the weight class to dramatic?
    Jones vs Anderson Silva could definitely happen. Anderson vs GSP could also definitely happen. Jones vs GSP will never happen. There's probably a better chance of Jones eventually moving up to Heavyweight than him ever fighting GSP.

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Jones vs Anderson Silva could definitely happen. Anderson vs GSP could also definitely happen. Jones vs GSP will never happen. There's probably a better chance of Jones eventually moving up to Heavyweight than him ever fighting GSP.
    definitely won't happen. Didn't GSP Tear his ACL or something like that?

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tito will fight again. He's the type of guy your average joe ufc fan knows so he will bring greater attention to the card.

I don't think Jones really got tested. The punches Machida landed weren't really anything out of the ordinary.

GSP is out 6-9 months and says he hopes to next fight near the end of 2012

Great card and I'm really starting to believe Jones is the best pound for pound with how dominant he has been.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Tito will fight again. He's the type of guy your average joe ufc fan knows so he will bring greater attention to the card. I don't think Jones really got tested. The punches Machida landed weren't really anything out of the ordinary. GSP is out 6-9 months and says he hopes to next fight near the end of 2012 Great card and I'm really starting to believe Jones is the best pound for pound with how dominant he has been.
    In my opinion Tito looked really bad last night. And I nearly laid some money on him because I thought he had a decent chance of winning that fight. I hope Dana lets him fight one more time to fulfill his contract but who do you set him up against at this point?

The thing that was significant about Machida and Jones is... Jones actually lost a round. I don't think Jones was in any danger at any point but he did look less than invincible in that first round. Do I think anyone can beat him right now? Doubtful. I think Anderson Silva would give him a great fight though.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    In my opinion Tito looked really bad last night. And I nearly laid some money on him because I thought he had a decent chance of winning that fight. I hope Dana lets him fight one more time to fulfill his contract but who do you set him up against at this point?

The thing that was significant about Machida and Jones is... Jones actually lost a round. I don't think Jones was in any danger at any point but he did look less than invincible in that first round. Do I think anyone can beat him right now? Doubtful. I think Anderson Silva would give him a great fight though.
    Forrest Griffin rubber match I guess

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    No just no...I gotta say as someone who trained pre getting sick.....massive massive massive difference between being choked unconscious and getting knocked the fuk out via punches

Sorry don't mean to be a dik but it's not comparable.
    Yes -- getting choked out is kind of pleasant in a masochistic way. We used to joke that it would be a great way to die.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Yes -- getting choked out is kind of pleasant in a masochistic way. We used to joke that it would be a great way to die.
    Not kind of pleasant, extremely so. Euphoric even.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Great main card. Enjoyed it at the bar. I was jumping all over the place when Lil' Nog, Mir, and Jones won. Had a lot riding on all three of 'em.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys miss UFC 139? I thought that was better than 140. Either way that's 2 great PPV's in a row and UFC 141 looks like it's got the potential for some more great fights.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

definatley was best in a while

not looking forward to the weak lesnar card though, so glad we got a great 1 in before the new year

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    You guys miss UFC 139? I thought that was better than 140. Either way that's 2 great PPV's in a row and UFC 141 looks like it's got the potential for some more great fights.
    lotta good fights to look forward to... lotta great cards this year, too. UFC 137, 133, and 130 were only cards this year that weren't great, IMO.

racistrapist
    racistrapist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Forrest Griffin rubber match I guess
    Yeah so Tito can get robbed again