dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39777

Chris Paul/Dwight Howard = Most Overrated Point Guard/Center in the NBA

I find it funny how people make it a big deal that CP3 was going to go to the Lakers or the Knicks. Yes he did pretty well on the Hornets but the fact that people think he is the best point guard in the NBA is a laughter. Yes he can dribble and can leads the league in assists. However, CP3 is the shortest starting PG in the NBA. Yes he does steal the ball a good amount of times but the fact is he is a huge liability on defense.

There were always talks about Deron Williams or CP3 being the best PG in the league the last 2-3 years. Williams is miles better than CP3. Williams is bigger, stronger and taller. And now with other point guards emerging like Rose and Westbrook, people still think CP3 is one of the top PGs in the league. DWill, Rose, Westbrook are all better than CP3 at this point.

He is short just like Allen Iverson and isn't even a scorer and just passes the ball. He has zero threat in any game. Can't rebound and will get backed down easily in the post if another PG goes at him.

The fact that when the trade happened when lakers gaved away Gasol and Odom for a shrimp little guy like CP3 made me just . You're giving up a 7'0 PF and a 6'10 PF for a PG who is not even 6'0 tall? And the worst part was when people kept saying wow the lakers are going to be contenders. Who in the world is CP3 going to get help from his assists? Ron Artest or Luke Walton? Or how about just dribble the ball downcourt and then pass it to kobe and kobe will take a jumper for the assist. If this trade actually went down and they didn't get Howard, I would not be surprised if the Lakers didn't even make the playoffs. This team would have Kobe and the shortest PG in the league CP3 with no scoring forwards on their team. I think Dwight Howard is one of the most overrated centers in the league as well. He cannot shoot and has no form. Basically all he does is just outjump everyone for rebounds and blocks. Have you seen him actually post people down correctly like how a Tim Duncan or KG does? Dwight Howard is just more athletic and that is what makes him better than the other centers in the nba. But if he did the same thing against other great centers like Shaq, he would get punished.

If CP3 came to the Lakers with Dwight Howard, obviously they will be favorites in the West. Dwight Howard is very lucky he is playing in an ERA where there are just not many good NBA centers. Its a shame when a guy like Howard is the best center in the league. If he played in the league when Duncan, Robinson, Olajuwon, Ewing, Rik Smits, Garnett were in their prime, Dwight Howard would been like the average Center in the league. Also, people say Howard wants to go to a contending team for the title. His teammates are pretty darn good. He has Turkolgu and Rashad Lewis and i consider these 2 players to be very good forwards in the NBA. Nelson is okay but guards like him don't post any threat because he is short just like CP3. I understand CP3 with his i want to go to a contending team and i do agree his teammates are not that good. Basically the whole Hornets roster is a bunch of average players and thats it. However, a guy like Howard who is the best center in the league due to the lack of center talent, its embarrassing when a guy like him cannot win the NBA championship. Yes they went to the finals and lost against the Lakers but this guy just doesn't have it.

CP3 is easily the most overrated PG in the NBA and likewise for Howard the most overrated center. Anyone that doesn't see this is clearly delusional. Yes they would probably win the West with Kobe there. But if it was just Howard and CP3 on the lake show, this team would probably be the 4th-5th best team in the West. Its just ridiculous hearing people make a big deal about CP3. Trading two 7 footers for one of the shortest Point Guards in the league who is a huge liability on defense is just asking for trouble.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

they're both really good, i watched them, especially dwight howard. also dwight howard never gets hurt and that's also worth money. also the points you made about turkoglu and lewis are wrong, they are bad, especially hedo turkoglu. he is very bad.

dynamite140

Turokglu and Lewis are above average starting forwards in the nba. Yes they are very injury prone but when they are not injured, these 2 players are very good. Howards teammates are way better than CP3.

CP3 is just very overrated for a point guard. The only point guard that he is taller than at the moment is Jameer Nelson. And we see what happens when Nelson tries to bring the ball towards the basket, he gets blocked easily.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

decent argument lakers will be fine if the trade truly doesn't go down gl

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

have to disagree with this, both bad asses

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

fukn stupid thread dynamite get back to trolling.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

dwight howard is a beast..plus he's still pretty young and still can improve

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

Howard wont have to carry the Lakers and they want Paul to bring the ball up the court and to lead in assist. this is something the Lakers are weak in

dynamite140

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    fukn stupid thread dynamite get back to trolling.

Go back to doing your homework kid

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post

Go back to doing your homework kid
    Off to the gym soon.

Gotta keep sharp for the ladies.

Shame your 400 pound ass has never touched trim

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

there is absolutely no question whatsoever that Howard is the best center in the league right now...and cp3 is top 5 at his position as well...hard to call the best players in the league "overrated" ... purely ignorant to say so, imo.

dynamite140

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Off to the gym soon.

Gotta keep sharp for the ladies.

Shame your 400 pound ass has never touched trim

The one in your avatar huh?

CP3 and Howard = Mostoverrated

hawley

Dynamite struggles with english so it probably took him 40 minutes to write his first post

Probably stopped twice to eat as well

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Howard would never, in any era, be considered an average center. That's stupid. He would always be a standout.

dynamite140

And you struggle to come up with a good joke.

BrahmaBull made you look like a fool last time.

Then again... i don't expect much from a 19 year old whos doing homework and plays video games with no sense of humor

hawley

Dynamites favorite players are Kwame Brown and Mike Bibby

dynamite140

Yet another unwitty useless comment from poster Hawley.

You're jokes are as vanilla as they come. You doing homework with your lipstick buddy rod tonight?

hawley

Dynamite when was the last time you touched some pussy bro.

Honest question....

dynamite140

Go back and start doing your homework

Why are you even in this thread? Figures a loser like you would come in here. Every post of yours is pure garbage compared to mine. Why is it many of my threads and posts got nominated whereas not one post of yours is even interesting?

You are talking when you have a person like that in your avatar. Good one kid... good one

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Lakers won't be fine if trade doesn't go down. Odom and Gasol don't even want to play there anymore after this. And as you saw last season this team is just old and pretty much buckin done.

hawley

Go back and start doing your homework

Why are you even in this thread? Figures a loser like you would come in here. Every post of yours is pure garbage compared to mine. Why is it many of my threads and posts got nominated whereas not one post of yours is even interesting?

You are talking when you have a person like that in your avatar. Good one kid... good one
    Unreal. This fukn loser lives to get his posts nominated on a fukn forum

Why is it that I post winners and you post.....troll

This thread is garbage. Has one person agreed with you? You are trying to claim turkeyglue and lewis are good players You are a troll end of story.

What were Hedo's numbers last season? Bet the Suns thought he was a great player

dynamite140

Keep trolling. You suppose to be finishing your homework assignment

hawley

Keep trolling. You suppose to be finishing your homework assignment
    look at this response.

The forum's biggest troll cannot even come up with a comeback.

Your time at SBR is done kid

dynamite140

Comeback?

Brahmabull embarrassed you with his jokes and you didn't even want to say a word to him anymore because you know u can't even make a good joke.

dynamite140

Anyone who thinks CP3 is even top 2 PG in the league is just delusional and don't understand basketball. Even though AI was one of the shortest players in the league, he could score over big guys. CP3 can't and basically is like a Jason Kidd

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Howard is the best center in the nba and its not even up for debate.

If you want to debate me on this, I dare you to try

I'll get my notes ready

Thanks

dynamite140

He is the best center in the NBA. I don't argue that. He is the most overrated center I have ever seen though. You have to look at different eras. A guy like him playing when guys like Shaq, Olajuwon, David Robinson, KG, Tim Duncan, Patrick Ewing and Alonzo Mourning dominated as centers, a guy like Dwight Howard would been an average center hands down. He is very lucky to be playing in an era that basically has no good centers anymore.

Goat Milk

He is the best center in the NBA. I don't argue that. He is the most overrated center I have ever seen though. You have to look at different eras. A guy like him playing when guys like Shaq, Olajuwon, David Robinson, KG, Tim Duncan, Patrick Ewing and Alonzo Mourning dominated as centers, a guy like Dwight Howard would been an average center hands down. He is very lucky to be playing in an era that basically has no good centers anymore.
    True. But you do understand how old Dwight Howard is, right? You may want to check again.

dynamite140

Yes i'm aware of that. But if you put him at this time and have him play center for the magic when there were still many great centers... lets say from 99-04, there would be no way he would been a top center in the league. He would have gotten manhandled against guys like Shaq, Ewing and Mourning.

Even a guy like Theo Ratliff would have given Howard problems. Howard really just has no post moves and just doesn't have any form. He just uses his power and athleticism and thats why hes the best center in the League. That wouldn't work back 10 years ago.

Goat Milk

Yes i'm aware of that. But if you put him at this time and have him play center for the magic when there were still many great centers... lets say from 99-04, there would be no way he would been a top center in the league. He would have gotten manhandled against guys like Shaq, Ewing and Mourning. Even a guy like Theo Ratliff would have given Howard problems. Howard really just has no post moves and just doesn't have any form. He just uses his power and athleticism and thats why hes the best center in the League. That wouldn't work back 10 years ago.
    Lets put it this way. I'll take Dwight Howard at 25 years old than what Alonzo Mourning was at 25 years old. Or what David Robinson was at 25 years old. I think when its all said and done, Dwight will go down as one of the best centers ever to play. I say that because he's already the best defensive center ever to play in my opinion. He already has 4 DPOY I think? And much more on the way. He will break the record guaranteed. His offense is only going to get better because he jumps high. Any center that can jump that high will eventually find their way to score around the rim.

He has about 7 years left in the NBA. He will get 1-2 rings. Another 3 DPOY awards.

Chris Paul is good but Derron and Rose are both better.

Once Bryant leaves LA is done, and the West is up for grabs. Carmello left the West because he got spanked by Bryant in the playoffs and didn't want to go through that route anymore. When Bryant is gone you're gonna see a lot more guys wanting to move to the West. They will realize the Dyansty in MIami and want no part of it. I know it sounds dumb but it'll happen.

dynamite140

Yes majority of what you say is correct Goat. Howard came into the league right after high school so he has tons of years under his belt just like guys like Bryant, KG.

I'm not sure about the offense is only going to get better for Howard. Yes he is the best defensive center in the league but after all these years, i find it very surprising why he doesn't work more in his post game. He really lacks form in the post. Basically he just jumps over people or bumps them real hard and gets offensive fouls called on him. He doesn't seem to know how to post people like say a Tim Duncan, KG or a Patrick Ewing/Alonzo Mourning. I mean, after 7 years... i would assume he would practice this but i just don't see it.

Yes Chris Paul is good but many guards are way better than him. The lack of height is tremendous in the NBA. Look at Allen Iverson. He left the nba already. Short guys don't last long in the NBA. And CP3 is the 2nd shortest starting point guard in the nba behind Jameer Nelson. Guards like Rose and Williams are bigger guards and actually could post guys down. CP3 can't do that and thats an incredible weakness he has which isn't his fault. But the fact the people thought getting CP3 for the lakers made them contenders was really laughable. Trading 2 Big Guys for a short PG is not bright

Goat Milk

Allen Iverson was a stud bro...he was unguardable

dynamite140

Yes he was unguardable. But do you see what happens when short point guards like him age when they get to their mid 30s? They are no more of a threat in the nba when they get older. Guards in their mid 30s like Billups can still play because he is good height for a guard.

Guys like AI and Chris Paul when they get older will be lucky to even start when they get older because of their height. Yes they are very good because of their speed and when speed declines when you age, they won't have much anymore. AI was never a good shooter but was a very prolific scorer. But the reason why he scored so much was b/c he was taking like 1/3 of the teams shots every night. He would score 32 points and his stats will be 12-29 in field goals.