Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

David Stern, not allowing Chris Paul Trade?

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

good job stern, hell yeh

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

<--------"Look at me! I'm David Stern! I could do anything I want!!! I can even dunk!!"

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Lakers lose, yay!

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

Why is it that the Lakers always get to trade their garbage for the best players in the league?

Stern was right to disallow this lop sided trade that only benefits the Lakers.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1

Delicious
    Delicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1857

lol.. NBA is a fukkin joke.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Why is it that the Lakers always get to trade their garbage for the best players in the league?

Players determine where they want to go too easily...

"im not going to sign with you if you trade me there" for example.....

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

fukk the nba

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Just like when West gave the Lakers Gasol.

Memphis should have slit his throat for that!

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Why is that bullshit? The NBA is trying to find a buyer for the Hornets, they shouldn't be able to sling the franchise player just because he wants out. Try to get a buyer and let him handle the situation.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Why is it that the Lakers always get to trade their garbage for the best players in the league? Stern was right to disallow this lop sided trade that only benefits the Lakers.
    Yeah, Pau Gasol is garbage. He's only one of the 5-best big men in the league. He's probably the best offensive big man in the entire NBA. Might be the best passing big in the league. He has been the 2nd best player on 2 championship teams. Been on 2 All-NBA 2nd teams (meaning he was voted one of the top 10 players in the league, and 2nd best at his position)....And along with him was coming the 6th man of the year, Lamar Odom, who is nearly 7 feet tall and can play anywhere from PG to Center. Trash? You have no idea what you're talking about.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave Tree Rollins 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jlgarciaiii22, and bigballer891

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Why is that bullshit? The NBA is trying to find a buyer for the Hornets, they shouldn't be able to sling the franchise player just because he wants out. Try to get a buyer and let him handle the situation.
    Yeah, there are going to be people lining up to buy a team when they know the franchise player is leaving at the end of the season no matter what and they are going be left getting nothing in return for him. I'm sure people are lining up to join the circus of 'where is Chris Paul playing next year' that will be going on in New Orleans all year.

The only reason people are happy he did this is because THEY DON'T LIKE THE LAKERS. It has nothing to do with whether the trade if fair or not. People who don't like the Lakers are happy it happened, even though it's wrong.

Tree Rollins

David Stern should come out and say "Chris Paul is not allowed to be traded to a big market, period"...B/c that is basically the message here. To be fair, they will have to block every big market trade involving Paul. Which means Paul either stays in NO, or gets traded to a small-market team that he will leave at the end of the season only to go sign with a big-market team anyway. I seriously can't believe how stupid this is.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Yeah, Pau Gasol is garbage. He's only one of the 5-best big men in the league. He's probably the best offensive big man in the entire NBA. Might be the best passing big in the league. He has been the 2nd best player on 2 championship teams. Been on 2 All-NBA 2nd teams (meaning he was voted one of the top 10 players in the league, and 2nd best at his position)....And along with him was coming the 6th man of the year, Lamar Odom, who is nearly 7 feet tall and can play anywhere from PG to Center. Trash? You have no idea what you're talking about.
    your a dope if you think gasol is better on offense than stat

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Like I said in the other thread Stern wants Paul a Knick the league is better with the Knicks on top or winning

Your going too see Amare for Paul that's why Knicks signed Chandler

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

WTF, I thought this shit only happened in Fantasy leagues?

They are going to force the Hornets to get zero for him? The NBA is never going to find a new owner for that team. If you are the current Hornets GM, time to go see what World Of Warcraft is all about or develop a drinking habit.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Tree Rollins, and ZetaPsi808

KingJD31

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Like I said in the other thread Stern wants Paul a Knick the league is better with the Knicks on top or winning

Your going too see Amare for Paul that's why Knicks signed Chandler
    ill kill myself if the knicks trade stat for paul we need as much size as possible and stat not a great defender he had is moments last year game winning block on lbj etc.............u dont need a AllStar pg to win a title

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post

They are going to force the Hornets to get zero for him? The NBA is never going to find a new owner for that team. If you are the current Hornets GM, time to go see what World Of Warcraft is all about or develop a drinking habit.
    thank you

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    ill kill myself if the knicks trade stat for paul we need as much size as possible and stat not a great defender he had is moments last year game winning block on lbj etc.............u dont need a AllStar pg to win a title
    Did you miss the part of me saying the Knicks signed Chandler??

zoo youk

I'd much rather have Paul Melo and Chandler than Stat

It's way more balanced, especially on the defensive end. Stat plays NO D

KingJD31

i no that hes not the only answer whose gonna be on garnett or noah/boozer we need something at pf.........u wanna put david west in that deal also for stat and fields then i can feel it

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

Lakers just got fukc sideway

Tree Rollins

your a dope if you think gasol is better on offense than stat
    Amare is more athletic and dunks it a lot. Tell me one other part of his offensive game that is better then Pau's? Shooting, passing, back to the basket, facing up, mid-range J, finishing with either hand...Pau is better at every single one of those then Amare.

KingJD31

shooting and facing up no question no even up for debate........gasol is better backing down

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post

Billy Dozer on point as usual here

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

how come the brooklyn nets aren't getting anybody good, i thought prokorov was a rich ass baller. go nets.

zoo youk

i no that hes not the only answer whose gonna be on garnett or noah/boozer we need something at pf.........u wanna put david west in that deal also for stat and fields then i can feel it
    Uhhh snares contract would be off the books I'm sure they'd think of something still have Shawne williams

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Hornets should follow the footsteps of the Cavs and Orlando and let their star walk. It usually works out well

Whatever...this is Stern's little feifdom and he'll do what he wants until the owners decide to replace him.

In other news I saw Phil Jackson at the store (Bristol Farms where Bynum parked in the handi spot) right after I heard this news. I decided not to ask him his opinion.

tiger_bait
    tiger_bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11442

as a hornet fan im pissed......i was excited about the deal but oh well f*** the nba and f*** stern .... i thought the league was trying to sell the hornets not f*** them in the a**

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I've always been a Laker hater; with that, I don't understand why Stern stopped this trade. I thought it was a pretty good trade for everyone. Even if the Hornets are going to be sold, they get a couple good players and a 1st round draft pick. they already have a guy that can take over at Paul's position.

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Gasol and Odom are garbage....?

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by tiger_bait View Post
    as a hornet fan im pissed......i was excited about the deal but oh well f*** the nba and f*** stern .... i thought the league was trying to sell the hornets not f*** them in the a**
    Wouldn't you rather have Amare?

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

It's kind of unfortunate that the deal isn't gonna go through because the Hornets were gonna get some good talent

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Anyone know what owners bitched about it?

123 Last