Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can anyone go 3 nights without drinking?

its tough for me. the first night after drinking i feel so bad i would never drink. then by the 2nd night i want to pretty badly. but by the 3rd night im craving it, either watching games or playing xbox beer just makes it so much better. anyone like this

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

3 days is tough man, near impossible

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fukk drinking

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

yeah, don't like to drink anyways so not a problem here.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Could go 3 years if you bet me a significant amount.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

few beers a night cures all

trevlyn1983
    trevlyn1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

never drank, so easily .

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Could go 3 years if you bet me a significant amount.
    I bet you a 1.5 liter of Jack Daniels.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Easily I can but I use something else instead usually.....Everyone's got their fix....Alcohol and weed are common, some people do opiates or coke alot, some people dip or chain smoke

I think weed is the safest and best of them all but I'm looking for a new job

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Moderation is the key

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    its tough for me. the first night after drinking i feel so bad i would never drink. then by the 2nd night i want to pretty badly. but by the 3rd night im craving it, either watching games or playing xbox beer just makes it so much better. anyone like this
    I don't drink much anymore. I don't think it is healthy to crave alcohol. That can lead to a really negative situation if something goes wrong in your life. I have seen it first-hand. If your association with alcohol is not always a positive one, I would cut it out till it is... that is, if you want a positive life. Anyway, GL mate.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Yea. Do it for a week or two every once in a while, just to make sure I can.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Bunch of threads about drinking tonight.

Guys are banged up, losing their pay checks on college basketball and drowning their sorrows.

We can all relate.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

I can go three days but after that buck that its on. Rather quit gambling then quit drinkin. I'm obviously a better drinker then gambler.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RyanLeafOfBets

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

I can do 1 rolling 24-hr period max then its back to the sauce....

Puppy
    2015 -110

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    I can do 1 rolling 24-hr period max then its back to the sauce....

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Seems like there is no reason not to when youre young. Next day you wake up, shake it off, get to work early, and gym after, no problem. When you are older you can't get out of bed, get moody, and a big beer gut... There comes a time when you have to decide if you want to see what your pissing that beer out of in the AM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Seems like there is no reason not to when youre young. Wake up, shake it off, get to work early, no problem. When you are older you can't get out of bed, get moody, and a beer gut... There comes a time when you have to decide if you want to be able to see what your pissing that beer out of.
    what age do you say its time for the change?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Tonight would be the third night. I am off to the bar after I make this post

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Seems like there is no reason not to when youre young. Next day you wake up, shake it off, get to work early, and gym after, no problem. When you are older you can't get out of bed, get moody, and a big beer gut... There comes a time when you have to decide if you want to see what your pissing that beer out of in the AM.
    Get out of my head!

Got into a bad habit of drinking everyday. Like the OP love beer (and hot wings) watching any sport. And like Bill said suddenly I couldn't see the old fella anymore.

Anyway, I cut out drinking totally for November. Lost enough to see the end of it again But more importantly kicked the everyday habit. Probably added 10 years to my life for just a few weeks pain.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    what age do you say its time for the change?
    28-34 maybe. For guys who get the munchies with the brews, I'll say 28. Early 30s if not. Damn, I think somewhere in my early 30s I got my first McD's hangover. Even without a drink there is the point where you realize your body can't metabolize that stuff in the same period anymore... and you start reading the paper in the AM.

Puppy
    2015 -110

28-34 maybe. For guys who get the munchies with the brews, I'll say 28. Early 30s if not. Damn, I think somewhere in my early 30s I got my first McD's hangover. Even without a drink there is the point where you realize your body can't metabolize that stuff in the same period anymore... and you start reading the paper in the AM.
    The reality is, alcohol is a simple sugar, in fact, it’s the simplest sugar there is (all alcohol, there really isn’t one better than the other). While most sugars have to travel to the intestinal tract to be absorbed, alcohol can be absorbed through the wall of the stomach, which is why you can do a few shots and feel it relatively quickly (so I'm told). While most sugars yield 4 calories per gram, alcohol yields 7, and they are basically worthless calories. They are easily converted into triglycerides and stored as fat. The sugar also affects insulin balance, so you can not release stored fat. End result over time = beer belly. Worst of all, since about 90-120 minutes after consuming a fair amount of alcohol, blood sugar drops, your body sends it these little chemical signals (neurotransmitters) trying to drive you to the foods that will restore blood sugar quickly. That's why people end up in Denny's or IHOP at 3 AM.

Points Awarded:

Bill Dozer gave Puppy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

The reality is, alcohol is a simple sugar, in fact, it’s the simplest sugar there is (all alcohol, there really isn’t one better than the other). While most sugars have to travel to the intestinal tract to be absorbed, alcohol can be absorbed through the wall of the stomach, which is why you can do a few shots and feel it relatively quickly (so I'm told). While most sugars yield 4 calories per gram, alcohol yields 7, and they are basically worthless calories. They are easily converted into triglycerides and stored as fat. The sugar also affects insulin balance, so you can not release stored fat. End result over time = beer belly. Worst of all, since about 90-120 minutes after consuming a fair amount of alcohol, blood sugar drops, your body sends it these little chemical signals (neurotransmitters) trying to drive you to the foods that will restore blood sugar quickly. That's why people end up in Denny's or IHOP at 3 AM.

why do all the good things have to be so bad...

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

An SBRpoint for you Wikipuppia

Puppy
    2015 -110

yeah that was a cut and paste lol

tiger_bait
    tiger_bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11442

the only way i can go three days without drinking is if i pick up smoking......got to find something to cure the anxiety of life

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

yeah that was a cut and paste lol
    No worries. My kids been talking to Wikipedia for 5 years. Some day they'll realize Dad doesnt know shit.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

The real question is can you go to the gym 3-5 per week if your drinking 3-5 times per week and still tone up and drop a few...

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85296

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    I can go three days but after that buck that its on. Rather quit gambling then quit drinkin. I'm obviously a better drinker then gambler.
    I appreciate that you are a better drinker, to be sure.

Last beer March 24, Last Jameson March 28. Done in connection with a diet that I continue to follow. Don't miss it that much at all. Wouldn't mind a glass of vodka every now and then or a Jameson, but it's OK. Now I don't put myself in many situations where there is much pressure to drink. I can remember back in 80 or 81, in college I thought maybe my drinking was a problem, so I went the first 100 days of the year without a drink, so not until about April 10 or so. (I don't recommend that, start after the SuperBowl.)

From the original post, Puppy, I would suggest you take a week off, just to see who is in control of this if for nothing else.

And I certainly appreciate and see the wisdom of Bill's comments.

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Work nights here 7pm - 3 am. 4 nights a week, then drink 3 nights....

Would be tough otherwise...

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

puppy i agree u with here, 3 days is tough

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

4years here

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    The real question is can you go to the gym 3-5 per week if your drinking 3-5 times per week and still tone up and drop a few...
    If you have a good workout schedule, take some juice then you can still look in great shape and drink everyday if you feel like it.

Does not mean you'll look healthy on the inside though.

Lot of bodybuilders/athletes smoke/drink/eat shit but you would never know but you have to have access and money to the right drugs.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    yeah, don't like to drink anyways so not a problem here.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

lots of us dont, but think we can (take 3 days off drinking)

the ones of us who dont even think we can- should stop drinking for a lot longer than 3 days while we figure some things out about life.

i can go 2 weeks between drinks but usually its more like about 15 hours. Ive quit lots of things just to see if i could. its worth a try for sure.

its a good feeling to know i can go as long as i want without drinking.

12 Last