Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

If Lebron would try for NBA assists leader Heat would take it

Lebron could be a better Magic Johnson. He'd have tons of targets and they added Battier. The game is much faster. Why not start the play with the ball in the hands of a scoring threat instead of having Wade and him stand around on the wings?? I thought they would go with this last year. This year ESPN chatterboxes are talking about it like it might happen.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

put down the bottle bill

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

If lebron was better at basketball he'd of won 3 championships already

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Easy fellas. Im no Heat fan. But, if I got to hear about those clowns every day it would be good to see some nice plays. Still, probably no value in a Heat futures play...too inflated from the get go.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

lebrick handles the ball more than anyone else in the league. the problem is he chokes a lot.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

bill i think you have a point, but being the ball handler is a little more complicated:
    1) does it tire out lebron more
    2) does lebron then guard the other team's point guard or do they have to do a bunch of switching
    3) takes away from lebron going to the hoop (except on fast breaks) which is his #1 asset imho

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15360

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Lebron could be a better Magic Johnson. He'd have tons of targets and they added Battier. The game is much faster. Why not start the play with the ball in the hands of a scoring threat instead of having Wade and him stand around on the wings?? I thought they would go with this last year. This year ESPN chatterboxes are talking about it like it might happen.
    interesting. What's your starting lineup?

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree the offense should flow thru him when he is on the floor due to the fact he doesn't move well without the ball. BUT, they still need a legitimate tough guy in the middle to do dirty work. Bosh is not a rebounder and was exposed as "soft". He is better than avg stand up face the basket jump shooter, but that is who he is.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

ESPN analysts don't know shit save for a few guys like Jalen Rose

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Bill, isn't that basically what he did in the finals?

Goat Milk

Lebron's been doing this for his whole career.

Can he win assists leader? Yeah 100% if he wanted to.

All I know is that in Late game situations, the ball needs to be in Wade's hands.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    bill i think you have a point, but being the ball handler is a little more complicated:
    1) does it tire out lebron more
    2) does lebron then guard the other team's point guard or do they have to do a bunch of switching
    3) takes away from lebron going to the hoop (except on fast breaks) which is his #1 asset imho
    1) Maybe but he's young. Max it out and be as effective as you can out there. Starters should be sitting in the 4th Q anyways like the 90s Bulls anyway right? Pippen picked up the PGs on D.

2) Absolutely. Play tight on shooters and lay off guards who want to go to the hoop. Use the length and more importantly, good team ball... like the Celtics. If the Heat don't rotate and play better team D, especially Bosh and James, they won't win anyway.

3) Small guys would have to play him super tight because he can't shoot over any PG in the league so getting a step on em shouldn't be too hard? But, he's been practicing all those post moves they say... It's about time because a lot of PGs have better post games than he does. One of their sets could be similar to the triangle where he kicks to the wing and takes his PG in the post. MJ made a living on that.

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    interesting. What's your starting lineup?
    With Battier who can play perimeter well, they could go big backcourt. PG James, SG Wade, SF Battier, PF Haslem and whoever they scrape up to play C I guess.

Goat Milk

1) Maybe but he's young. Max it out and be as effective as you can out there. Starters should be sitting in the 4th Q anyways like the 90s Bulls anyway right? 2) Absolutely. Play tight on shooters and lay off guards who want to go to the hoop. Use the length and more importantly, good team ball... like the Celtics. If the Heat don't rotate and play better team D, especially Bosh and James, they won't win anyway. 3) Small guys would have to play him super tight because he can't shoot over any PG in the league so getting a step on em shouldn't be too hard? But, he's been practicing all those post moves they say... It's about time because a lot of PGs have better post games than he does. One of their sets could be similar to the triangle where he kicks to the wing and takes his PG in the post. MJ made a living on that.
    no coach in the entire NBA would guard a 6'10 270 pound Lebron James with a point guard. You wouldn't be a coach in the league for more than 2 days if you tried that. MJ was a lot smaller than Lebron.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Bill, isn't that basically what he did in the finals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Lebron's been doing this for his whole career.

Can he win assists leader? Yeah 100% if he wanted to.

All I know is that in Late game situations, the ball needs to be in Wade's hands.
    He played point-forward but they still had a PG on the floor. I'm saying they outlet to him he starts the play. Wade and Bosh and Battier or whoever is shooting has to know they are getting the ball. They have no post presence whatsoever. Even Bosh thinks he's a shooting guard. So, why aren't they leading the league in possessions in FGAs?

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Battier is a HUGE signing for this team. its exactly what they needed..someone who doesnt need the spot light and is willing and WANTS to do all the dirty work.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Goat Milk! my man. We are going to get to know each other this NBA season aren't we?

no coach in the entire NBA would guard a 6'10 270 pound Lebron James with a point guard. You wouldn't be a coach in the league for more than 2 days if you tried that. MJ was a lot smaller than Lebron.
    Yea that's exactly the idea. Who do you put your PG on?? Teams are exploited like when Ron Harper and Jordan were the starting back court. The smallest guy was 6'6. Same with Magic Johnson. He wasn't hook shooting over other 6'9 guys.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-18-15 at 11:34 AM. Reason: image does not exist
    Points Awarded:

7secondsOrLess gave Bill Dozer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Bulls/Jordan tried this for awhile and MJ had like 10 triple doubles in a row or something like that. But it just didn't make sense and wasn't going to last. LeBron is not Magic Johnson.

Goat Milk

Dozer,

We will have lots of debates which will be fun.

You would put the pg on Wade. He's only 6'4, about 5 inches shorter than Lebron.

Dozer, I'm not sure if you read the short article I posted about Jordan/Pippen/Jackson/Bach and the 90s bulls. It's the most entertaining sports article I've ever read. It's in the NBA section. I mention it because of that pic you posted.

It was a big playoff game, game 6 I think. Series was tied up at 2. Final seconds of the game. Jordan backed off Mugsy and said "Shoot it you fukking midget." Mugsy shot it, didn't even come close.

After that, Mugsy quoted as saying "I think that one statement ruined my entire career. I never recovered."
    Points Awarded:

7secondsOrLess gave Goat Milk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Dozer,

We will have lots of debates which will be fun.

You would put the pg on Wade. He's only 6'4, about 5 inches shorter than Lebron.

Dozer, I'm not sure if you read the short article I posted about Jordan/Pippen/Jackson/Bach and the 90s bulls. It's the most entertaining sports article I've ever read. It's in the NBA section. I mention it because of that pic you posted.

It was a big playoff game, game 6 I think. Series was tied up at 2. Final seconds of the game. Jordan backed off Mugsy and said "Shoot it you fukking midget." Mugsy shot it, didn't even come close.

After that, Mugsy quoted as saying "I think that one statement ruined my entire career. I never recovered."
    LOL, heartless. Have that link? It seems that a few stories are coming out showing MJ wasn't the good guy he seemed during game days. But about Muggsy, he couldn't shoot the ball worth a damn. 5 foot nothing and can't shoot yet earns starting spot in the NBA. Unreal.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Bulls/Jordan tried this for awhile and MJ had like 10 triple doubles in a row or something like that. But it just didn't make sense and wasn't going to last. LeBron is not Magic Johnson.
    Bulls were always a half court team though and never pushed it past half court unlesss they had numbers. They scored lots of points because the ball went in. They never had a pass-first penetrating PG. Craig Hodges, Paxson, Kerr, Ron Harper... Did any of these guys step inside the three point line?

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

LeBron doesn't have the COD skills to be a PG. If he hit the agility ladder non-stop in a basketball specific regimen he'd be a better baller. Until then he'll be a phenomenal athlete who isn't ready for the waning minutes.

Goat Milk
    Points Awarded:

Bill Dozer gave Goat Milk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.