BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

What's with all the combativeness on shows bidding on rental unit contents?

Talk about a bunch of childish jerks on every damn Discovery umbrella of networks from Hog ladies to Oregon loggers to swamp loggers to shrimpers to Alaska fishing.Alaskan gold mining,Alaska bush pilots,Alaska highway patrols,Alaska game wardens,Alaska momma grizzly ho governor

So someone outbids you on a foreclosed rental unit storage lockup where just by the luck of the draw some good stuff was mixed in with the junk.What's there to get pissed about?These people acquire some experiences that can work in their favor assessing potential values but it's not rocket science.You go there and bid on what you think may be profitable and end of game.What's all the bravato where everyone needs a tough guy image?The nicest guy is the Jewish guy with the black horned rim glasses.Even that one guy's wife that looks like a cross between Tanya Harding and Jennifer Anniston is a genuine,certified,on the rag all the time pain in the ass to her own husband.After the husband idiot bids on some crap junk,she's ragging on him all day.To the moon Alice!!!!!!!!!!!

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Don't watch that shit. Cut your cable/dish off and you wont have to worry about that garbage.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JoeVig

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19199

Those shows are turning into the WWE. I think now the producers are also planting items in the lockers to make the show seem more interesting. I wonder how much the "stars' of those shows make per episode?

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    Those shows are turning into the WWE. I think now the producers are also planting items in the lockers to make the show seem more interesting. I wonder how much the "stars' of those shows make per episode?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

All "reality" shows have scripts.

Deal with it.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    All "reality" shows have scripts. Deal with it.
    Agreed - Just like the NBA, NFL, MLB, etc...

My answer to the question is one, lack of class - decorum. Second, Greed.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

My wife and son live to watch these shows. The only reality shows I'm interested in are the ones that happen on the ice rink, football field, and hard court. Oh yeah, I like that chef that cusses people out on Friday nights, too.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

pawn stars, storage wars and auction hunters are pretty decent shows. Cant keep up with how many there are now but most suck.
    Not bad to have on the dvr saved so if your drunk and bored you can toss em on.

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Ha... no doubt stuff gets planted. Not unrealistic at all for someone to store a bag of krugerrands in the same unit as a two dollar particle board TV stand. Still an entertaining show.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19199

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    Ha... no doubt stuff gets planted. Not unrealistic at all for someone to store a bag of krugerrands in the same unit as a two dollar particle board TV stand. Still an entertaining show.
    You're exactly right. Or a 1952 Willie Mays card while all other cards are crud. Jarod and his wife "found" $4,000 worth of silver coins in loaded safes the other night . As if the former renter wouldn't put those in their pocket before they were abandoned. Agree that it's entertaining, though. Producers are going to put their show in the best light, they're not going to show the units where a hazmat suit is needed to go in.

Do any of you know how much the cast members make per episode by chance? I'm guessing good money, in which case there will be more great "finds" as these shows compete.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    Talk about a bunch of childish jerks on every damn Discovery umbrella of networks from Hog ladies to Oregon loggers to swamp loggers to shrimpers to Alaska fishing.Alaskan gold mining,Alaska bush pilots,Alaska highway patrols,Alaska game wardens,Alaska momma grizzly ho governor

So someone outbids you on a foreclosed rental unit storage lockup where just by the luck of the draw some good stuff was mixed in with the junk.What's there to get pissed about?These people acquire some experiences that can work in their favor assessing potential values but it's not rocket science.You go there and bid on what you think may be profitable and end of game.What's all the bravato where everyone needs a tough guy image?The nicest guy is the Jewish guy with the black horned rim glasses.Even that one guy's wife that looks like a cross between Tanya Harding and Jennifer Anniston is a genuine,certified,on the rag all the time pain in the ass to her own husband.After the husband idiot bids on some crap junk,she's ragging on him all day.To the moon Alice!!!!!!!!!!!
    most of what you say is ok but i have a crush on brandi from storage wars so no more bad words about her ok?
    and she's not married to jarrod they just live together