View Poll Results: Who would you vote for if the election was held today?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

95 50.26%
  • Gingrich

70 37.04%
  • Undecided

24 12.70%
    SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

The SBR pre election vote - Obama vs Gingrich

Obama or Gingrich?

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

newt

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Gingrich but 4-year outlook is bleak either way.

Long-term structural problems will remain.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Obama

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Republican.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: moses millsap

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

One look in Newt's eyes is all you need to know he's a phuckin snake.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy, 19th Hole, and NYSportsGuy210

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Since the Repubs snuck in the UIGEA, I have not nor do I see a scenario that I will vote Republican. Its either a no vote or Obama...In this case I would vote Obama

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

that is a tough one for me, newt is a very smart guy. but he is very arrogant, and from what i have heard from people who have worked with him, he is pretty rar-rar and gets angry fast. he is more moderate then a lot of the republicans going, and for some reason the tea party is supporting him, event hough the guy was in politics his whole life, and is the defnition of an insider. he also took money from freddie/fannie mac.

obama and his team is licking their chops for the great ads they are going to produce attacking him. but a debate newt vs obama, that is where newt can win the election. obama wishes he is a great debater. obama is a great speaker with prepared written words, and a teleprompter in front of him, but he was not a great debater in 2008.

the economy is not going to turn around in time to save obamas ass, even though its not his fault that the economy is in the tank. many reasons go into that, a lot of them are not even in the hands of the united states. but of course the gop will use it, just like the dems did aganist bush.

but, you got to give me some credit guys. i predicted newt before newt when on his surge, go back to the gop nomination thread you had. he was at 40/1 i think at the time on Intertops, have not looked at the odds now, its probably +200.

i think it will come down to the vp, who will newt pick. i am guessing a tea party guy. cain is likely choice, rommney is too. newt is very smart so he wont pull a mccain and pick someone like palin. rubio, would make a great vp, he is a great speaker, he really commuincates the republican ideas well, he is cuban-american.

chris christi is probably on everyones list, but will he join up now. i doubt it, the guy must be regretting not getting in the race, he would be no doubt leading the pack right now.

but seriously newt is the best the gop has to offer, i just can't wrap my ahead around that. newt is the best we have to offer, really. i guess we have to wait in till 2016 to see the younger top tier gops to get into the race like paul ryan, rubio, and christi.

anyways, if i had to put money on it, i would say obama wins in a very very close race because obama has billions of dollars more then the republicans care to raise. (got the most money ever from wall street in his last election) and everyday they will be bringing up the 'old newt'.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't believe the best the GOP can do is .....NEWT!

Are you kidding me? That is the best option available?

Newt's done if he is the nominee. How the hell is he going to argue he is a conservative when he accepted tons of cash from Freddie and Fannie?

He has, at one time or another, voiced support for every single position Obama holds. From the health insurance mandate, to immigration, to social security. Newt has said the very same things Obama has.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

How a about a fourth option: This is so screwed up that I shake my head in frustration.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    newt
    I don't see how anyone in their right mind can vote for Newt, and I'd love to vote against Obama.

Newt literally represents everything that has been or ever will be wrong with leadership in America. An amoral, pompous, arrogant scumbag who has been in bed with big business since his political career was born.
    Points Awarded:

Jesus Christ gave No coincidences 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

golfrulz gave No coincidences 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: golfrulz, Boxer300, and edawg

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

I am tired of the whole political and election process - Obama is a piece of shit as is Newt.

Tired of the War Machine of America. United my dikk!!

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post

Newt's done if he is the nominee. How the hell is he going to argue he is a conservative when he accepted tons of cash from Freddie and Fannie?

He has, at one time or another, voiced support for every single position Obama holds. From the health insurance mandate, to immigration, to social security. Newt has said the very same things Obama has.
    the gop needs a nominate moderate republican.

i am shocked that huntsman has not boosted up more, or a guy like gary johsnon. who is basically ron paul but did it as a govenor in nex mexico and actually implemented his idea, just not throwing theroies out there.
    but he doesn't have nearly the money as paul. gary johnson is my guy.

newt is winning right now because of the debates, there is sooooo many debates right now. there was like 3 in a week before, i got no idea why they agreed to such a f'd up thing, never has been this many. but newt has won basically every debate.

newt has no money, no donors, and no organization.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post

This....Newt...way to appeal to the young vote.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I don't see how anyone in their right mind can vote for Newt, and I'd love to vote against Obama.

Newt literally represents everything that has been or ever will be wrong with leadership in America. An amoral, pompous, arrogant scumbag who has been in bed with big business since his political career was born.
    lol, every, every, every, political mofo, is in bed with big business, they need them to get elected.

obama got the most money ever from wall street in 2008.

so he is not a saint.

i just can't see this newt thing lasting, esp in the iowa caucus. where the voting process is so f'd up, its all about getting people. i wouldn't be shocked if we saw a dark horse when it like paul, or perry.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Obama or Gingrich?
    I just noticed the 475 badge...kudos

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    lol, every, every, every, political mofo, is in bed with big business, they need them to get elected.

obama got the most money ever from wall street in 2008.

so he is not a saint.

i just can't see this newt thing lasting, esp in the iowa caucus. where the voting process is so f'd up, its all about getting people. i wouldn't be shocked if we saw a dark horse when it like paul, or perry.
    I like Ron Paul, but he has zero chance of being nominated by the Republican party. Less than zero in fact.

I'm not denying that every President since Reagan has been giving big business blow jobs under the table, but leaning on a corrupt and morally bankrupt person like Gingrich as an "answer" to our political problems is inexcusable.

neverstoppers23

didn't say paul could win the whole thing, i said he could win or come in a close 2nd in iowa. he probably has most dedicated supporters, and he currently is in 2nd place in the polls in iowa at 17 percent i think.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

looks like Obama actually posts here and has 11 ghosts

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    looks like Obama actually posts here and has 11 ghosts
    Do you have something against * pal?
    Last edited by shari91; 12-08-11 at 11:27 AM. Reason: removed racial slur

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Do you have something against * pal?
    what's a *?
    Last edited by shari91; 12-08-11 at 11:28 AM. Reason: enough guys... seriously

SBR_John
    Wisky

Obama 13 50.00%
    Gingrich 9 34.62%

Still too close to call.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Barry Soetoro has done enough damge, Get rid of the clueless turd.

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    what's a *?
    Someone who can dance real well, run real fast, but probably will score under average on the Wonderlic.
    Last edited by shari91; 12-08-11 at 11:28 AM. Reason: edited quote

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Newt.

GoCougs!
    GoCougs!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11292

Love to have better options.
    If I had to vote, and I will vote, I would not pick Newt.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR JOHN can you please do an SBR vote between Obama and Ron Paul? It seems like Obama has this particular matchup owned.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    SBR JOHN can you please do an SBR vote between Obama and Ron Paul? It seems like Obama has this particular matchup owned.
    why not have obama vs arnold. As much as ron paul appeals to people, hes not winning the republican nod

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    why not have obama vs arnold. As much as ron paul appeals to people, hes not winning the republican nod

Says who? It's still undecided, he's in great position to win it, and he's in the top tier.

If he wins Iowa he will win the nomination.

SBR_John
    Wisky

I'd love to see Paul get in there but the reality is he has no chance.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

third party

i almost always vote third party unless there's someone who seems legit sincere and competent
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    i am shocked that huntsman has not boosted up more,
    He will .. he is concentrating his campaign on New Hampshire ....
    Newt will fade big time after he wins Iowa in a landslide .. and Huntsman will surge ... (but Romney will still grab the nomination eventually)

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I'd love to see Paul get in there but the reality is he has no chance.
    I don't understand why people keep saying this. He's got the money. he's in the top tier. He has awesome grass roots organization, probably better than any other candidate. What makes people think he has no chance? It's pretty simple to understand-if you vote for him then he will win. All other factors are irrelevant.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

might as well have a poll asking if i would rather have gonorrhea or syphilis
    Points Awarded:

lyon804 gave milwaukee mike 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

I don't understand why people keep saying this. He's got the money. he's in the top tier. He has awesome grass roots organization, probably better than any other candidate. What makes people think he has no chance? It's pretty simple to understand-if you vote for him then he will win. All other factors are irrelevant.
    so we the people get to decide things

if u.s. citizens really got to decide things we would get more than 2 choices. and we wouldn't have 7 "wars" against countries with no military going on right now. and we wouldn't have $15 trillion in deficit spending.

1234 ... Last