MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I now officially own the Packers....

Bought 2 shares---I know, I roll big time.

250/per plus a 25 dollar "handling" charge...lol.

I got them for my kids, framing 'em up, and giving them as Christmas gifts.

Anyone else do it?

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

i saw a special on that. good stuff

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

give me some inside info

MartinBlank

TR....it is kind of cool

Packersowner.com.

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

I wanted to get some of that but only residents in the US can buy it

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Congrats Martin!
    Your kids love the packers??

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Congrats Martin!
    Your kids love the packers??
    Thanks KM. One does. He is 8, and the Packers are winning right now, so as with any 8 year old will do, he attached himself to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

My younger----5, he's his own man. He's a Cowboys fan. But I think he will appreciate this when he gets older---it will never increase in value, but it is nice to have as a collectible I suppose.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    Thanks KM. One does. He is 8, and the Packers are winning right now, so as with any 8 year old will do, he attached himself to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

My younger----5, he's his own man. He's a Cowboys fan. But I think he will appreciate this when he gets older---it will never increase in value, but it is nice to have as a collectible I suppose.

My son LOVES the packers, and I actually was a click away from getting one, but I started to think that my son loves the packers because LA doesn't have a team. I think he will change alliance has soon as we get a team, so I decided not to get one..

Hope your kids enjoy the certificates tho.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

buy some Moon property next .

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I wanted to get some of that but only residents in the US can buy it
    That's right, pal. No foreigners allowed.

This is the Green Bay Packers we're talking about. Not some CR soccer team kicking a ball made from rubber bands and duct tape.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    That's right, pal. No foreigners allowed. This is the Green Bay Packers we're talking about. Not some CR soccer team kicking a ball made from rubber bands and duct tape.
    You know, something told me you were gonna bash me about this when I saw you had posted... guess Ur getting predictable. But it's OK, I understand, that it tends to happen when you hit a certain age and start going senile. You must be right around the corner from wearing these too huh?

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

You want $250 worth or so of a bridge I have for sale sir?

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Fuk I'll even drop the handling fee.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

my dad bought a share this morning too, its a nice little piece for packer fans. who knows when they will go on sale again, its the first time in 14 years i think now.

plus you get to to go the share-holders meeting thing every august, no idea what they do there but i imagine you get some nice perks.

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    my dad bought a share this morning too, its a nice little piece for packer fans. who knows when they will go on sale again, its the first time in 14 years i think now.

plus you get to to go the share-holders meeting thing every august, no idea what they do there but i imagine you get some nice perks.
    Exactly. This is no different than buying any other form of sports memorabilia.

It's fun to have. I have some interresting pieces in my collection. I have some Yankee stadium seats, some old Texas stadium seats, some bats, a few signed footballs, and an old locker from the old Vet (Philly).

I haven't paid a lot for those items, and I am giving these to my boys anyway. So when I croak, they can have all my stuff anyway.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Exactly. This is no different than buying any other form of sports memorabilia.
    It's fun to have. I have some interresting pieces in my collection. I have some Yankee stadium seats, some old Texas stadium seats, some bats, a few signed footballs, and an old locker from the old Vet (Philly).
    I haven't paid a lot for those items, and I am giving these to my boys anyway. So when I croak, they can have all my stuff anyway.
    Marty gets it.

Good work, Marty.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Nice get Martin!

I've collected some items over the years as well. Like you, not for investment/resale, but more stuff that meant something to me. I've got two boys as well.....same ages.....8 & 5. They'll receive all my collectibles over time. Luckily, both are already big time sports fans.

These hang on one wall of my office. Most of my office is loaded up with sports collectibles............I get more enjoyment out of them here (where I spend most of my waking hours).
    Attached Images  

MartinBlank

WW.....very nice.

I like those jerseys. I like the photos inside the Kobe and Magic frames. That's good stuff.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

WW.....very nice.

I like those jerseys. I like the photos inside the Kobe and Magic frames. That's good stuff.
    Thanks Martin. I've got all kinds of L.A. sports memorabilia. Lakers, Trojans, Dodgers, L.A. Rams, L.A. Kings, etc. Valuable to me........but, to some............worthless.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3457

good shit martin and WW ...

Get your kids some type of Packers Themed Frame for the shares.. its really a great gift man..

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Basically giving the Packer's $500 for nothing....a Billion dollar organization getting your money....they thank you

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

jock sniffers

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Seems like a solid gift Martin.

William, thats a nice setup u got there.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I guess you've stopped betting then?

There is some fine print for those who have purchased stock in the Green Bay Packers or are thinking about stuffing the holiday stocking of a friend or family member with a share in the franchise this season.

And it’s not good for those who may be interested in wagering on the NFL.

Darren Rovell of CNBC found this little nugget and it’s worth checking out.

“If the Commissioner determines that a shareholder has bet on the outcome or score of any game played in the NFL, among other things, then the Commissioner may fine such shareholder in an amount not in excess of $5,000 and/or require such shareholder to sell his or her stock.”

So, owning stock in the Packers and getting down on NFL games – not just Packers games – is a big-time no-no. That goes for wagers that otherwise would be perfectly legal in the state Nevada.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    I guess you've stopped betting then?

There is some fine print for those who have purchased stock in the Green Bay Packers or are thinking about stuffing the holiday stocking of a friend or family member with a share in the franchise this season.

And it’s not good for those who may be interested in wagering on the NFL.

Darren Rovell of CNBC found this little nugget and it’s worth checking out.

“If the Commissioner determines that a shareholder has bet on the outcome or score of any game played in the NFL, among other things, then the Commissioner may fine such shareholder in an amount not in excess of $5,000 and/or require such shareholder to sell his or her stock.”

So, owning stock in the Packers and getting down on NFL games – not just Packers games – is a big-time no-no. That goes for wagers that otherwise would be perfectly legal in the state Nevada.
    Yeah, and im sure theyre going be tracking this real closely. They'll probably have a NFL exec. following around the hundred thousand people that buy shares making sure they dont bet.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/...llow-nfl-rules

They can also be fined for criticizing another NFL team. Better stop posting about the NFL entirely!

TexansFan

It was in jest, who in the hell would want a worthless piece of paper to begin with?

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    It was in jest, who in the hell would want a worthless piece of paper to begin with?
    The worth is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure you own plenty of items that are worth way more to you than they would be to me.

TexansFan

It's a piece of memorabilia, nothing more. I just think it's funny how people act like it's an investment of some sort, namely Fish.

If people want to spend their money on it, more power to them.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

It's more about appreciation for the way the packers operate. In every other NFL town, tax payers foot the bill for new stadiums or upgrades of older facilities. Instead, the packers do this to raise the money. Very respectable, not just if.your a packers fan, but if you are an American.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Somehow when I read the article it just seems kind of BS by the Pack to have something like this...they need money? Donating to a Billion Dollar Super Bowl Champion Organization is a Croc:

Ryan Vaubel, 35, a lifelong Packer fan from Sun Prairie, Wis., said he can't justify spending $275 on a piece of paper. But he understands the Packers need money; he still remembers when the team sold chunks of Lambeau sod following the team's 1997 Super Bowl victory. "I'm not personally disappointed. All you can say is you have a piece of paper," Vaubel said. "It's more or less just a way to donate money to the team so they can raise more revenue and remain competitive on the field."

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

just a collectible, waste of money

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Somehow when I read the article it just seems kind of BS by the Pack to have something like this...they need money? Donating to a Billion Dollar Super Bowl Champion Organization is a Croc:

Ryan Vaubel, 35, a lifelong Packer fan from Sun Prairie, Wis., said he can't justify spending $275 on a piece of paper. But he understands the Packers need money; he still remembers when the team sold chunks of Lambeau sod following the team's 1997 Super Bowl victory. "I'm not personally disappointed. All you can say is you have a piece of paper," Vaubel said. "It's more or less just a way to donate money to the team so they can raise more revenue and remain competitive on the field."
    Well if they dont get donations they're going to get money from somewhere, probably via a tax, so whats the difference?

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius View Post
    just a collectible, waste of money
    Collectables aren't a waste of money. Especially if you enjoy them.