BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

1000's of retarded rubes buy worthless shares in Packers for $250 a certificate!

As the world teeters on the brink of financial collapse and we have the callamity of B team jr.varsity, 3rd stringer, taxi practice squad politicians like Obama,Gingrich,Cain types in office or running for office,retarded citizens are buying worthless packer ''charitable donation '' shares for $250.They will actually believe they are part owners of the team and hang the share certificates in a prominent place in their homes.Why not just place a big sign in your window,here lives a family of brain dead suckers. Was it R.E.M.that sang,It's the end of the world as we know it?How relevant that song is in these off the wall looney tunes times!

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bent calm down, we'll get through this.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bought 2 shares....and I did so for the novelty of it. Not because I think I will be attending the NFL owners meeting next year, you fukin' crazy dolt.

It's no different than me buying a Roger Staubach Jersey, or a stadium seat from Yankee stadium. I appreciate the historical significance of it, and nothing else.

Crude---the fatter you get, the crazier you get. You are clearly off your meds these days.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DrStale, and beerman2619

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

FISHHEAD claims to have done this.

He now brags that he is "PART OWNER" of the Packers.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

not sure why the packers need another $60 million when they are hugely profitable

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post

Yis, you need more badges. Every time you post, you have earned another 4.

How's that iPad2?

And of course, we knew Fish would be doing exactly THAT.

yisman

I agree with mike. Not sure why they need more money.

Seems like it's basically a fancy memento, like a team helmet or something.

The relevant information:

Today, an annual meeting of shareholders is held in July. The event returned to Lambeau Field in 2006 as it required more space after the overwhelming turnout at the nearby Resch Center’s 2005 meeting.
    Shares of stock cannot be resold, except back to the team for a fraction of the original price under limited circumstances. Limited transfer of shares (i.e., to heirs and relatives) is permissible.
    Shares of stock include voting rights, no dividends are ever paid, the stock cannot appreciate in value, and there are no season-ticket privileges associated with stock ownership. No shareholder is allowed to own more than 200 shares
    So it does not have any real actual value, other than as a collectible.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    Yis, you need more badges.

Every time you post, you have earned another 4.
    It's hard to keep up. The trivia and poker ones keep expiring on me!

How's that iPad2?
    Sitting unused. It doesn't have value for me because it can't do anything useful that my netbook can't do. I wish I had known how useless it'd be, because I wouldn't have opened it. As it is, apparently a "used" ipad isn't worth much. The truth is it was merely opened and turned on, but oh well.

You can't get Internet except through wireless networks (like a computer), unless you pay for 3G (and you can do something similar with laptops. Buy a card that allows access anywhere), which is expensive.

And of course, we knew Fish would be doing exactly THAT.
    He says he knows more than anyone about the GREEN BAY PACKERS because he is PART OWNER. That is amusing.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unless you have excess cash to throw around without giving a shit, it's complete retard to buy packers shares.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

It's hard to keep up. The trivia and poker ones keep expiring on me!

Sitting unused. It doesn't have value for me because it can't do anything useful that my netbook can't do. I wish I had known how useless it'd be, because I wouldn't have opened it. As it is, apparently a "used" ipad isn't worth much. The truth is it was merely opened and turned on, but oh well.

You can't get Internet except through wireless networks (like a computer), unless you pay for 3G (and you can do something similar with laptops. Buy a card that allows access anywhere), which is expensive.

He says he knows more than anyone about the GREEN BAY PACKERS because he is PART OWNER. That is amusing.
    how much you want for your "used" ipad? my kid wants one for christmas..

yisman

I'll be in touch.

jimmyeatworld
    jimmyeatworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

packers fans are probably the dumbest in the league so no surprise

milwaukee mike

used ipads are still worth 450 or so on ebay/craigslist

milwaukee mike

cannot appreciate
    cannot be sold
    will never pay a dividend

what kind of investment has a 0% chance of making you money?

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyeatworld View Post
    packers fans are probably the dumbest in the league so no surprise
    It's been concluded that this guy is Kerry right? Hilarious that he keeps denying and then says and does everything Kerry did.

As Martin said its more a piece of memorabilia than anything else. It's not really "stock" in that the value goes up or down.

milwaukee mike

yes it's a piece of memorabilia but hardly rare when they just sold another 250,000 of them. hmm do i want a piece of paper with a packers logo on it for $250 or a xbox360 with kinect for my kids? tough choice...

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wish I thought of this scam $20 million dollars in Green Bays pockets worthless stock sitting in the living rooms of 250000 people.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by lemart5 View Post
    I wish I thought of this scam $20 million dollars in Green Bays pockets worthless stock sitting in the living rooms of 250000 people.
    The "scam" doesn't work if it's being doled out by a homeless person taylor.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by lemart5 View Post
    seems like someone investing millions should be able to figure 250,000 x $250 and not come up with $20 million

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Unless you have excess cash to throw around without giving a shit, it's complete retard to buy packers shares.
    Have you ever been to Packer fans house? The whole place it littered with completely retarded Green Bay shit.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Have you ever been to Packer fans house? The whole place it littered with completely retarded Green Bay shit.

DrStale

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

so basically the same as steeler fans except theirs with completely retarded steeler shlt

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

jock sniffers are funny

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    I bought 2 shares....and I did so for the novelty of it. Not because I think I will be attending the NFL owners meeting next year, you fukin' crazy dolt.

It's no different than me buying a Roger Staubach Jersey, or a stadium seat from Yankee stadium. I appreciate the historical significance of it, and nothing else.

Crude---the fatter you get, the crazier you get. You are clearly off your meds these days.
    Historical significance? Huh?

At least when you buy a jersey or a seat in a stadium, you get something in return for your money. For this, you get a worthless piece of paper.

It would have been better if all the people giving the Packers a couple of hundred dollars gave the money to a homeless person on the street corner.

Y'all are a bunch of fools.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Packers are the only 'public' owned team in the NFL. You are part owner if you buy the stock, and can attend the stock holders meeting in August held in greenbay @ lambough field.

not really getting why everyone is going crazy over this, its really not too hard to figure out why people want to buy it. you buy the stock, and buy a frame for it and hang it up in your office or at home. its no different then any other sports memorabilia.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

There is only thing one thing more foolish than buying a share of the Green Bay Packers for $250 under the conditions they offer and that is buying MORE than one share.

It is quite different than buying a Roger Staubach jersey, Yankee stadium seat or other sports memorabilia as there is at least a small chance that those items can increase in value. This can't happen with the Packer shares.

Its one thing if some BILLONAIRE loyal Packers fan buys a share as $250 to him might be the same as a quarter to the rest of us (yes I realize the ratio would make us all millionaires) but its absolutely insane for anyone to spend $250 on a share whose net worth is less than $1,000,000.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Packers are the only 'public' owned team in the NFL. You are part owner if you buy the stock, and can attend the stock holders meeting in August held in greenbay @ lambough field.

not really getting why everyone is going crazy over this, its really not too hard to figure out why people want to buy it. you buy the stock, and buy a frame for it and hang it up in your office or at home. its no different then any other sports memorabilia.
    The point . . . one more time . . . is that, at least theoretically, sports memorabilia is worth something. This is worth 0.

The idea behind a stockholder having the right to attend a meeting of shareholders is that they can provide opinions and input on how the organization is run. I can't wait to see the video of one of these public shareholders telling the GM who he ought to trade for.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 451

He found one share in the dumpster after someone realized they are worthless and threw it out

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    The point . . . one more time . . . is that, at least theoretically, sports memorabilia is worth something. This is worth 0.

The idea behind a stockholder having the right to attend a meeting of shareholders is that they can provide opinions and input on how the organization is run. I can't wait to see the video of one of these public shareholders telling the GM who he ought to trade for.

Been a shareholder since 1997(and purchased another share Tuesday, giving me a total of TWO shares)....................have not told any GM who to trade for, but have suggested certain draft picks to consider to the former GM(Ron Wolf)...............but to be honest, he was probably looking for security guards more so than taking my suggestions seriously. ............(although he did draft two of my suggestions that with certainty had nothing to do with me, I can dream anyways). (both picks resulted in being very good draft picks).

The $200 that I paid for the ONE share in 1997 has been a FANTASTIC INVESTMENT!!!!

People that make assumptions on what being a shareholder with the Packers entails at this and other forums is somewhat entertaining.

Although the vast majority are listing all the negatives, a few have listed FALSE POSITIVES with being a shareholder and I've yet to see anyone correct these FALSE POSITVES.................it will be interesting to see who at what forum corrects the ONE MAIN FALSE POSITIVE.........could be Martin Blank, he is a semi-sharp kid(hell, he bought stock in the Packers did he not?)

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post

everything is not about profit......
    you are not getting it, its okay. its coo,.
    Points Awarded:

Fishhead gave neverstoppers23 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm selling these for the 49 ers...pm me for more info!

yisman

Fishhead, you are not part-owner.

12 Last