will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Anyone see an unusual odds at a book?

If you saw the error, you'll be in good shape. I had no money in that book and now the odds have changed due to people discovering the slight mistake. You can take a guess. I'm so pissed. Was looking at it last night but no time to deposit

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

If it is an obvious bad line then very good chance that it gets voided.
    If it is an unscrupulous book then taking a bad line gives the book the green light to take a shot at you i.e Winner = void, Loser = bet stands.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    If it is an unscrupulous book then taking a bad line gives the book the green light to take a shot at you i.e Winner = void, Loser = bet stands.
    Those nice books wouldn't do that huh?

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Good answer. It's not extremely bad but the odds aren't what they should be. It's like a stock, people jump on it and now it's going to where it should be. I'm not even going to wager on it at this point. The book is a good book and it's probably best to not lose the relationship (loyalty) with them.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

about how much was the line change give or take.

Australia +40.5 goals in womens handball seems like its still up. Russia is good and its like they're men playing in some ways but this line is greatly exaggerated. i can not picture the devastation that would have to occur for a womens handball team to win by 41 goals. australia is respectable- ive seen some tape on youtube and they should lose by about 24 goals. can lose by ...8

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

Australia +40.5 goals in womens handball seems like its still up. Russia is good and its like they're men playing in some ways but this line is greatly exaggerated. i can not picture the devastation that would have to occur for a womens handball team to win by 41 goals. australia is respectable- ive seen some tape on youtube and they should lose by about 24 goals. can lose by ...8
    That is the market number and all the money is for Russia!

Glitch

very nice. i think a lot of people who dont watch women's handball just know russia is a very good/strong team and offensively they are hard to stop.

australia can score a few of their own and their goalkeeper isnt afraid like the women on the other teams and stands in the way of the ball with her arms extended instead of over her face and breasts.

thats just a really huge blowout to anticipate and i would 5 times out of 6 it does not happen here. Australia doesnt have any club/league teams and didnt compete in those friendlies a week ago.

22 points is a massacre, 40 point deficit...its highly unlikely because theres not enough time to get that kind of separation. im sure its happened before but it seems near-impossible. this russia team is just hyped up and this australian team is just women with the skillset instead of all domestic professionals.

croatia dominated today but they won by 30. 45-15. its easy to score in handball. i havent seen a bigger deficit than that in a while.

Glitch

but thats good that its safe. thanks.

its like predicting a basketball team to win by 60 points.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

very nice. i think a lot of people who dont watch women's handball just know russia is a very good/strong team and offensively they are hard to stop.

australia can score a few of their own and their goalkeeper isnt afraid like the women on the other teams and stands in the way of the ball with her arms extended instead of over her face and breasts.

thats just a really huge blowout to anticipate and i would 5 times out of 6 it does not happen here. Australia doesnt have any club/league teams and didnt compete in those friendlies a week ago.

22 points is a massacre, 40 point deficit...its highly unlikely because theres not enough time to get that kind of separation. im sure its happened before but it seems near-impossible. this russia team is just hyped up and this australian team is just women with the skillset instead of all domestic professionals.

croatia dominated today but they won by 30. 45-15. its easy to score in handball. i havent seen a bigger deficit than that in a while.
    Reminds me a bit of Ice Hockey in the Winter Olympics. Canada were -12 or something that looked outrageous in their opening game, and that line got pushed up to -13. Canada covered easy!

I would broadly agree with what you have said but wouldn't touch the game, personally.

Glitch

do you watch/follow handball or are you familiar with how the game is played? its an interesting sport and though it reminds you of 12 and canadian hockey, it is much different. there is time to score 12 goals every hockey game- just not the opposing lack of skill vs highly skilled offense vs defense matchups to make it come into fruition.

its a good game- you should check it out. looks fun. (there are no rackets involved)

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

do you watch/follow handball or are you familiar with how the game is played? its an interesting sport and though it reminds you of 12 and canadian hockey, it is much different. there is time to score 12 goals every hockey game- just not the opposing lack of skill vs highly skilled offense vs defense matchups to make it come into fruition.

its a good game- you should check it out. looks fun. (there are no rackets involved)
    Yes, actually. I used to track the Scandinavian leagues (Denmark especially) very closely.
    BOL if you play it - I will stay on the sidelines.

Glitch

thanks. thats the best move in the more obscure sports for sure especially when they involve women. not a huge play here, but a fairly confident one backed by scientific principles. far from a lock.

these sites arent capping women's handball. they're all just using "the number"

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It just went up to 41. Clearly its not a bad line. Sorry, to clarify, the books are not offering a line that is off market.
    Last edited by ncsubowen; 12-06-11 at 11:18 AM.

Glitch

yes more clearly than you know.

ncsubowen

Glitch if you're on it might as well wait. Don't know what book you're on but that number keeps going up.

In a slightly related note: anyone know of a book that still allows correlated if bets?
    Last edited by ncsubowen; 12-06-11 at 11:22 AM.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

I always notice large discrepancies when it comes to player props from book to book.

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by ncsubowen View Post
    Glitch if you're on it might as well wait. Don't know what book you're on but that number keeps going up.

In a slightly related note: anyone know of a book that still allows correlated if bets?
    seems like normal movement with the aforementioned bet volume distribution.

ncsubowen

Yea so if you're on the +, that's up to 41 at +100 now.

ncsubowen

http://www.lshunter.tv/handball-live...ing-video.html

Link to the game if anyone's interested.

Turns out I'd much rather watch this than women's basketball.
    Last edited by ncsubowen; 12-06-11 at 12:00 PM.

Glitch

12-4 at the 20 minute mark (on pace for 24 goals)

theres a reason they all have the same numbers at every book, because they dont know anything about womens' handball. they were just making the lighter bet side more favorable.

hopefully australia doesnt start to rush because. they fall too far behind to win playing slowly- its not like they can win anyway

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

alright i'm on australia here. things are turning against them, but they're still on pace to cover.

Glitch

man right after i post that/ after the time out at 12-4 the blowout starts...

a few turnovers and a demoralized goalie.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Anyone that does, ain't gonna answer that!

v1y

alright half time score could be better, but they're still on pace.

ncsubowen

Anyone that does, ain't gonna answer that!
    Fair enough. I'll keep my eye out.

Glitch

why does she keep coming so far out of the goal? this coach is an idiot for not seeing some of these problems. they throw like girls but hopefully they can just milk the clock.

ncsubowen

Unless Russia decides to lay off, I think this game is over.

Glitch

man right after i post that/ after the time out at 12-4 the blowout starts...

a few turnovers and a demoralized goalie.
    australia hasnt scored since i posted this. not making stops either. 17+ minutes left down about 30-4.

13 more goals to give up with 16 left to play

ncsubowen

And Australia keeps giving up the same damn play. Good grief.

Glitch

And Australia keeps giving up the same damn play. Good grief.
    its not even a play- its just the goalie coming out of the net every time. if she stays in the net- she can guess where to block. if she comes out- they just go around her fat slow ass.

v1y

we're done man. 8 goals with 13:20 left.

Glitch

8 minutes, 8 goals.

v1y

YESS GIRLS LETS GO.

lmao australia gettin a couple garbage goals.

Glitch

under 7 mins 9 goals and the ball...

Glitch

pump fakes for days. i like it. c'mon you tangly headed hoes!!!

3.5 minutes, 7 or 8 goals. left to give.

12 Last