baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

think you missed the point, FTH. analyze again
    Points Awarded:

Full Time Hobo gave baskets 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post

Seer you fukk,

I am upset that you think I don't understand this...

Fact of the matter is these guys are talking about putting a hundred K on the worst QB we have seen since Dumbmarcus Russell, and the team has a banged up secondary at that...

I just don't understand the point of the thread?

Brahmabulls posts hold more weight than this...

I'm confused... hope it lands on 3 for this guy...

Not rooting for anybody to lose...
    thought you might be having a brain fart

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Jax is the sharp side tonight.

Line opened at +1.5 and immediately went to +3. ML closed over 20 cents higher than open. JAX was + money at +3 almost all the way through today at Pinny.

How do you figure?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Line opened +120 and closed like +155

Hard to believe someone who has 100k would ever bet on Gabbret and a rookie black coach in his first game.
    Against a team 0-6 ATS L-6 in a communist league.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

This thread? Bizarre.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    So he bet 100k on +3, the money line moved one cent. Why not? It is a different market.
    I think he meant the line went from +3 +105 to +3 +104, or something to that effect

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

I just want to say I posted in this redic awesome communist thread.....

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Taiwan?

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Line opened at +1.5 and immediately went to +3. ML closed over 20 cents higher than open. JAX was + money at +3 almost all the way through today at Pinny.
    Immediate is a stretch here I bet this at -1 -125 -1.5 -118 and -2.5 -110 and it was a couple days between the first bet and last bet.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anyone that wins in sports betting bets both sides to a game, scams books for bonuses or middles

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10118

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Anyone that wins in sports betting bets both sides to a game, scams books for bonuses or middles
    Do you honestly believe stuff like this or do you just post it for entertainment value?

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Once the market is fully settled in, max. bets don't move lines much at Pinny.
    Be it a 5k bet on a college foots 1st halfs, or 100k on NFL spreads, they have way too much volume to be "shocked".

Monte

Well for me that is correct, i make more money risk free with arbing, compared to when i was a pseudo sharp who bet "good" lines on only 1 side. But..."sharps" actually bet one side to move the price, and hammer the opposite (the side they really want) later.
    In case any of you fukkers wonder what syndicate really means.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Well for me that is correct, i make more money risk free with arbing, compared to when i was a pseudo sharp who bet "good" lines on only 1 side. But..."sharps" actually bet one side to move the price, and hammer the opposite (the side they really want) later.

Monte that is the only way and you prove it although Arbing is only possible if you do not live in the USA

John Dough

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    This does not really address JJ's absurd comment. According to his statement, no one wins by just betting one side... which is obviously untrue.

As for your comment, that applies to syndicates and extremely large players. Use whatever term you want (sharp, pseudo-sharp, etc.), but there are pros who don't bet large enough to move markets and come over the top, and believe it or not, they do just fine by playing the sides they want.

jjgold

Johny so what do you do??

So your the 1% in world that can win betting one side to a game?

If you live in USA then its bogus

Monte

It's more regulated now Johnny, most books look at Pinny/BM/Greek so it's pretty hard to find weak lines.
    Unless it's books that back underdogs the public doesn't like, but if you are not a fool your limits are cut there in no time.
    I don't see a way anymore to do this, yep it was possible years ago...but now?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

I was/am an "pseudo-sharp" too and would be a lot better off forgetting about picking sides altogether just from a time investment POV.

With that said, There are some very smart people creating/refining models that do allow them to get the better of the books openers (closers would be very tough).

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Justin, how much do they generally move the # on a big market limit bet in that account?

jjgold

Openers are much more beatable than closers
    Line movement critical

Last night syndicates played games with Detroit/St Johns game

4 point swings back and forth the last 1hr before tip

opened like 138..went to 142 back to 138 and I think closed 142

game went under

John Dough

Yes, I am in that 1% and I live in the US. I don't make a ton of money by some people's standards, but I live just fine.

If you don't want to believe me, no worries, my bills will get paid either way.

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

this was a hidden brag post..lol

Lo$t
    BTC go brrrrrr
    Lo$t's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    They were circled at 100k last night. An acquaintance of mine put in a 100k bet, and they only moved the spread moneyline 1 cent. I wonder what kind of volume they get on this game?
    Justin broke Cwissy's confidence. Now Justin is going to get broken by consequences.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm up close to 6 figures total in my lifetime and I have never once arbed.

Obviously, up 80k doesn't make me a baller or even on the books radars, but I do beat them betting one game at a time....no arbs, no bonuses, and a small amount of middles.

As for whether you can beat nfl... I don't think you can longterm. Lines are too sharp.... college basketball? Any fool who spends 30 mins a day researching can beat the books there

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

This thread from opening post to now shows why most guys arent going to win betting sports.

too many cut and dry hypothesis and too many guys who just have it 'wrong'.

Worrying about what books do and why is a bad mistake. You pick a side you bet it and you go from there.

The one thing I will say about this particular instance is that Pinnacle was probably buried at a 'worse' number, and wanted to get as much as they could at a number that might entice some play. So if they are exposed at -2.5 or even less how can they offer +3 with anything other than the odds they did? Why make them better? Theryre already loaded on the numbers betting into a +3, and having it move, would give you so why move it that late?

They offered the 3 to get some buy back, so in essence they were semi-gambling, so their opinion was that SD was the 'right side' or in the very least it wouldnt end up being a FG game. And they were correct. As long as the game didnt land on a SD 3 pt win I am sure Pinny had their exposure figured out. If it did land on 3 then they lose all the early SD money they had (which they lost anyway) and they simply pay back guys who bet the 3 with their own money. So even a 3 pt SD win isnt a loss for them. If JAGS win then they pay off the Jags bettors they enticed, but I am sure their exposure on SD minus everything all week was enough to cover that.

So really nothing to see here. Would have been a bigger deal if they were throwing up +3.5 -140 or something like that. But it was the solid 3 and they just wanted some guys to play the pennies game and get some money in there to help them soften the loss they thought they were going to take with SD.

When books do this theyre basically going to be on a free roll. That guy could have hammered the new line for another 100K and I doubt it would have moved it at all, and wouldnt have until he bet enough top make up whatever their exposure was on SD.

But I am surprised this hasnt turned into a 'pinny is sharp' thread. Because most people would see them doing what they did as "genius' when in fact it was simple math on their part.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

all this thread needs is a bigdaddyQH appearance

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    all this thread needs is a bigdaddyQH appearance
    Wantitall is a good proxy for BigDaddyQH.

First 12