justin81
    justin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6209

not too many selling points for Americans to watch football, especially for advertisements. No technical breaks, no time-outs, no 2min warnings, no video-replays, all that means no COMMERCIAL breaks.
    Plus American culture doesn't feel football. In other countries when the national team plays, it's almost a national holiday,especially during WC and EC, in the US half of citizens probably doesn't even know that there is US national soccer team.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Never will explain it

Soccer is just the biggest sport in world and no getting around it

Its getting bigger in usa only because of all the fukkin minorities coming here

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

lol i think a better question is why isnt america more into hockey. Fights, big hits, constant action. Its getting bigger here in america, ive also noticed a ton of good looking bitches at hockey games.

Soccer is lame, the only reason i even go to soccer events is to check out the soccer moms.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Don't worry, Soccer will be #1 here soon too...

Keep voting for guys like Obama and supporting occupy movements...

Everyone will be playing dominoes for EBT credit, driving around in beat up Honda's...
    Here in philly ,they all drive Buick regals they got at the auto auction by the airport.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

you fuukin yankee dumbfuuk"Real football" is that what you hamburger eating fat twinks call soccer, this stupid statement alone shows that you americans dont even know what football is
    Quote Originally Posted by Fieldysnuts44 View Post
    I wish they wouldn't let it be a sport in the U.S.I hated it when my kids played before they could play real football and they would have it every Sunday during NFL games.What the fukk,like it's cram this shit down there throats and fukk up everyone watching real football.

cherub
    cherub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Soccer is pah these days. Introduce a rule that allows player to use some force and perhaps it might become a tad more interesting but who the **** cares about some anorexic punk falling over and then slicing it. Feels more golf these days.

As a European I may love my football teams but god it is a boring sport. Rather watch the Twins battle the Rays in a playoff game then watch some idiot fall over and cry.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

No one wants to see a game played for 90 mins with only maybe 1 decent highlight reel that ends 0-0

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its boring as fukk I watched world cup its awesome but I try to watch mls or english just cant. I was out my body yesterday a half an 8th of top shelf cali medical dank trying to watch that match that was on espn couldnt do it and I can do anything boring when im blown... I'd rather watch paint dry for 3 hours sorry

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Most people that play soccer are only athletic because their entire childhood has been running to fetch water from the lake so their village can survive. Or slaying mammoths, I've read in history books at school. They also are good at putting that piece of wood in their lip i hear.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Its boring as fukk I was world cup is awesome but I try to watch mls or english just cant. I was out my body yesterday a half an 8th of top shelf cali medical dank trying to watch that match that was on espn couldnt do it and I can do anything boring when im blown... I'd rather watch paint dry for 3 hours sorry
    Individual taste, I suppose.

I feel exactly the same way about basketball (college or NBA). 48 minutes punctuated by 20 timeouts (+TV timeouts), stoppages for fouls every 3 seconds in the last two minutes if the game is at all close. Meh!

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxyfish View Post
    you fuukin yankee dumbfuuk"Real football" is that what you hamburger eating fat twinks call soccer, this stupid statement alone shows that you americans dont even know what football is
    Your my boy Rox, but seriously, your anger directed at "ignorant americans" isn't well received when you yourself are making wild generalizations about "you americans" and "hamburger eating fat twinks"....I believe you're doing the very same thing that angered you...so, stay classy on that one, Germany....

I'm an American, and I watch 2-5 EPL games a week...I'm a Liverpool support and would consider myself fairly knowlegable about the players, formations, transfers, etc. of the team I support...and I'm not a minority...I appreciate the game at that level. I don't care about the commercials, and I'm 6 feet tall and only weigh 165 lbs...so, I guess your generalization can **** off.

I do enjoy "cheeseburgers" though...so you have that going for you.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    baseball worst sport by far

guys weigh 250 pounds pure fat
    only a few mexicans and blacks can run fast around bases
    guys drink beer and chew tobacco, probably even have a couple smokes during changeovers.
    requires 0 athleticism.
    guys are only strong. not fast, can't jump, can't do anything athletic except for a few players on each team.
    they would die if they ran 2 minutes on the nba court. they would pull a hamstring immediately thats how out of shape they are
    athleticism in the forms of speed and agility help a lot in baseball even though strength and coordination help more. guys who can jump and run fast have a big advantage- dont forget about defense.

NBA players would not have the respiratory and cardiovascular endurance to play starter minutes in non-american football (which IS soccer...if you get offended by people calling it soccer then you have a bad list of priorities) and be a highly contributing player. you'd be surprised how much is just pure running.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

I remember in the 80's when it seemed like all American kids were playing organized soccer and everyone said soccer was going to become the national pastime, those kids all grew up and bought season tickets to the NFL.

It might slowy but steadily grow in popularity, but soccer will never be hugely popular in the U.S. They force it down our throats during the world cup, but the minute the cup is over no one cares.

Sniperpicks
    Sniperpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

soccer wont sell in USA because here we love guns and violence and soccer is not very violent as compared to American Football, we also love to do things our own way, thats why american football has many similarities to soccer, and why we love baseball more, also soccer means developing youth which means having fields to parents and coaches who want to go there, this is why basketball is popular, courts are small and easy to have and in poor areas with housing projects you got dozens of courts so this is why NBA quickly became dominated by african americans as soon as the racial discrimination was overcome , for the most part, in the 1970's

usgtf
    usgtf's Avatar Become A Pro!

Soccer is boring..

Quote Originally Posted by 8ArIvd5 View Post
    Incorporate a shot clock and take away offsides and it would be salable.
    Agree with the above and I would also reduce the number of players on each side to 10 and shorten the field by 5 yards on each end, and if you kick the ball out deliberatly on the sides -no throw ins give them free kicks. Its so boring watching thee great athletes run up and down and when they have no option kick the ball out to the side. Think if they implement any of the above it wouldmake it more palatable for a lot of people to watch. Betting on soccer is dangerous when its a 3 way play w-d-l. Think they should come up with something a little more interesting so if you play a w or l and the game ends in draw you lose...There are a lot of smart guys out thee whats your opinions...

Sniperpicks
    Sniperpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

more scoring would help, MLB did great during the steroid years with Mark Mcquire, Canseco, Sosa, Bonds and others blasting HR all the time

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Everyone gots their preference. I dont hate hockey but shiit I cant stand to watch it. Same with baseball, I cant ever watch all 9 innings, tune in 1st inning for a bit and then tune out til the 8th or so.

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

Won't catch on because it is un-American. American is network televised with 2 minutes of commercials for every 7 minutes of game repeated ad nauseum.

45 minutes of continuous action with no commercials = Un- Corporate American.

And of course our best young athletes see no dollar signs because there can be no major dollars here without 2 minutes of commercials for every 7 minutes of action.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    Most people that play soccer are only athletic because their entire childhood has been running to fetch water from the lake so their village can survive. Or slaying mammoths, I've read in history books at school. They also are good at putting that piece of wood in their lip i hear.
    true that

another thing that will be true is that your kids will learn in school how you ( the dad ) worked and payed taxes while these people that came to America from some village were eating fkn fillet mignon and drinking a fkn $10,000 champagne dumb fuk

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

It's a tradition thing. If your family and village were PAOK fans since 1926, you probably would be too. Good news is soccer is growing in America.

fact- ESPN makes more money from televised poker than soccer!

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    It's a tradition thing. If your family and village were PAOK fans since 1926, you probably would be too. Good news is soccer is growing in America. fact- ESPN makes more money from televised poker than soccer!
    Source? Sad, but I could see that being the truth.

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

They dont use their hands

First 12