t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I like Titans +3.5 to upset the Saints

Chris Johnson is turning it on just in time. New Orleans is on fire right now but let's see how they do in a hostile environment outdoors in December. Something tells me Brees won't look so unstoppable Sunday against Tennessee. I expect a big day from the Titans running game and for their defense to cause some timely turnovers.

t-wizzle

Anything???

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

I know CJ's #s have improved the last few weeks but he still doesn't have the same burst he had the 2 yrs prior. With that said it still wouldn't shock me if Tenn pulled off the upset.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

saints will struggle on grass like they typically do. even more so after some big conference home wins on national tv. titans look like the right side here as long as the titans play well and don't turn the ball over and give short fields to brees. other than that, i like this play. good luck!

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

this will not happen pal. Saints are healthy and running

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Hope Titans win and agree that Brees could struggle without his comfy dome and perfect environment...

But the Titans will need some bad weather and a great game from Hasselback...

Neither in the forecast...

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

hungry decent home dog, playoffs still alive (maybe), favorable surface, opponent flat spot (rest of the games are all conference games). if you don't think the saints struggle here bet all your money on them every other game then. good luck!

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see this one happening

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the current -3.5 is an accurate line. Tennessee is revitalized with Chris Johnson, and this is NO's toughest matchup for the rest of the regular season, but I'm probably not going to bet against the Saints here. Tennessee has serious problems defending against tight ends, and Jimmy Graham is going to light it up in this game.

PresidentTebow
    PresidentTebow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Saints want the second seed badly. They want to be in the Superdome where they are unbeatable in the playoffs. Saints roll 31-21

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Already on it. Got it at 4.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Is Johnson running better or are they playing teams in the last few weeks that are terrible at stopping the run?

titanup
    titanup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Home dogs with winning records are a pretty good bet, however, saints have been on fire, Im leaning towards tennessee but hate betting on my own team

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Chris Johnson is turning it on just in time. New Orleans is on fire right now but let's see how they do in a hostile environment outdoors in December. Something tells me Brees won't look so unstoppable Sunday against Tennessee. I expect a big day from the Titans running game and for their defense to cause some timely turnovers.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentTebow View Post
    Saints want the second seed badly. They want to be in the Superdome where they are unbeatable in the playoffs. Saints roll 31-21
    Then they need to clamp down on their run defense. It's the one element that's really threatening to derail their success this season. Chris Johnson is the only guy on the Titans team that's really going to threaten them this week, but he could be a big problem.

PresidentTebow

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Then they need to clamp down on their run defense. It's the one element that's really threatening to derail their success this season. Chris Johnson is the only guy on the Titans team that's really going to threaten them this week, but he could be a big problem.
    This is the same Chris Johnson that had 13 yards on 12 carries against Atlanta. Let's not over react to good games against the Panthers and the Bills. 3 out of his 4 TDs, which is pretty sad anyways, on the year came in those two games.

t-wizzle

I'm not jumping to any conclusions here about Chris Johnson. Maybe he has lost half a step since 2 years ago but let's take into consideration the Saints run defense. New Orleans isn't exactly the most physical team in the league and I think they will have trouble stopping the Tennessee ground attack.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Good call here.

suicidekings
    Update your status

I'm not jumping to any conclusions here about Chris Johnson. Maybe he has lost half a step since 2 years ago but let's take into consideration the Saints run defense. New Orleans isn't exactly the most physical team in the league and I think they will have trouble stopping the Tennessee ground attack.
    ^ This.

I keep waiting to see them really pull it together but it's legitimately a big concern for them heading into the playoffs, with SF in their way. Whether or not you want to give full credit to Johnson for his recent surge, he creates a mismatch that I don't have huge faith in the Saints to fully contain. I feel like this game could go over if the weather's not too bad. The Saints offense isn't going quietly though in any case. They can run the ball as well as anyone.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 12-06-11 at 06:44 PM.

PresidentTebow

Their run defense isn't that great but its not that bad either. They only game where it cost them was against the Rams other than that its been ok. And like you mentioned the Saints running game is no joke either, Sproles and three bruisers. Either way I would stay away from this game because you don't know what your gona get from the Saints on the road. But by no means is this going to be easy for the Titans to cover.

rochestertitans
    betpoints ARE MY ONLY BANKROLL
    rochestertitans's Avatar Become A Pro!

titans win.. check my thread

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I see where you are going Saints are playing so bad lately!

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

I was about to start this same thread, t.

Titans are 4-0 when CJ runs for more than 100 yards, and 5-0 when he gets 20+ carries. The Titans are finally getting him the ball more these last few games. He has a very favorable matchup this week at home. Saints are near the bottom in rush defense. Titans have plenty to play for.

My only concern is the Saints jump out ahead early and the Titans get away from running the ball.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Your post to God's monitor

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Anything???
    The thing that scares me is this entire forum is in agreement that the Titans are the play. From my brief experience when that is the case the play has lost everytime i can remember.

Saints at -3 might be a sleeping giant.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16685

Yeah i did like the Titans until i saw all the Titan threads. Maybe tease them over 10 with the Lions.

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Makes sense that they lose here and makes a good script for FALCONS vs. SAINTS on MNF in 3x weeks. They need to lose one in order for that game to be for the NFC South title. Just saying.

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

No Coin you suck! you love taking the points in every game cause your a c0ck sniffer.

Been making money all year fading no coincidences. Saints roll 41-24

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Seaton420 View Post
    No Coin you suck! you love taking the points in every game cause your a c0ck sniffer.

I've been burying your ass in the NFL for the last month. Admit it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Seaton420 View Post

guy comes in and randomly attacks no coin calling him a rooster sniffer

crazy

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Saints have lost to the Rams and Bucs on the road . Think that says it all this will be a tough game for the Aints. Dome team on the road outside in December love the home team in this one.

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL
    LolsMcwinsey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3893

Yea

manicart
    manicart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

Drew Brees + Darren Sproles + Jimmy Graham all have big days..
    Saints 35
    Titans 17

GL though lol i dont like this play _IMO_

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by The DiB View Post
    I was about to start this same thread, t. Titans are 4-0 when CJ runs for more than 100 yards, and 5-0 when he gets 20+ carries. The Titans are finally getting him the ball more these last few games. He has a very favorable matchup this week at home. Saints are near the bottom in rush defense. Titans have plenty to play for. My only concern is the Saints jump out ahead early and the Titans get away from running the ball.
    In how many of these games were they ahead and running the ball a lot to eat clock? Probably a couple at least, so I suspect this is a bit misleading.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

interesting fact, every game since the Titans beat the Panthers 30-3 has ended in a score of 23-17

123 Last