bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Does anyone in Detroit rent?

I mean why would you, whats an average home cost 4 grand?

Unreal what a dump that city is

Matthew Stafford could just buy the city with his contract and rename it Stafford and play for the Stafford Lions
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PDW

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can buy a house for $1. Complete dump of a city.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

horrific

paco and Deuce live there and both live in the fukkin ghetto

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

how much are rents then?..lets buy a few houses and rent em out..if we can find tenants that will actually pay us that is..

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    I mean why would you, whats an average home cost 4 grand?

Unreal what a dump that city is

Matthew Stafford could just buy the city with his contract and rename it Stafford and play for the Stafford Lions
    Dont know whats sadder...op who tries to feel better about himself by degrading others or the poster who nominates the post that is obvious to everyone.

Kudos captain obvious

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    how much are rents then?..lets buy a few houses and rent em out..if we can find tenants that will actually pay us that is..
    If people won't buy a $1 house, I doubt that they'd rent them. The city is terrible, and half of the houses are abandoned. Not a nice environment to live in.

mh217

people still live there though..and whoever lives there would prob rather be a renter than an owner to avoid commitment..and if the housing market ever bounced back even a lil bit you would be way ahead

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    Dont know whats sadder...op who tries to feel better about himself by degrading others or the poster who nominates the post that is obvious to everyone.

Kudos captain obvious
    Ty for taking the time to post that you dislike my thread sir, I will try to do better next time

Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 12-05-11 at 03:51 PM.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

People with money still live there I have family there it cant be that bad all over.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post

Kudos captain obvious
    i was thinking the same thing.

congrats on spreading more negative energy about our proud cities. milwaukee, cleveland, detroit, kansas city, yes these areas have seen better days but they are still beautiful cities with lots of friendly people.

perhaps rather than call a city a dump you should question how it got that way and why you continue to buy goods made in china, foreign cars, etc...

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never been to detroit, i cant imagine its as bad as everyone says?

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

bettilimbroke999

people still live there though..and whoever lives there would prob rather be a renter than an owner to avoid commitment..and if the housing market ever bounced back even a lil bit you would be way ahead
    Well this is true, there are "people" there but the problem is home prices dont really bounce back when your neighbors are all criminals/crack whores living in buildings in such disrepair (since to fix them costs more than the buildings are worth fixed) that most are not even able to be given away for free in a city with the highest crime rate in the country and no jobs

I guess on the plus side Detroit has got to have zero homelessness since you can basically give a homeless guy a dollar and tell him to go get a home
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 12-05-11 at 04:14 PM.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

congrats on spreading more negative energy about our proud cities. milwaukee, cleveland, detroit, kansas city, yes these areas have seen better days but they are still beautiful cities with lots of friendly people.

perhaps rather than call a city a dump you should question how it got that way and why you continue to buy goods made in china, foreign cars, etc...
    Boy oh boy Im really taking a beating for calling Detroit a dump, look I'm sure its a proud city (proud of what idk maybe being #1 in crime) but when you can buy a city block for what it costs to go to the movies something is wrong

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

I live just outside of Detroit, you couldn't pay me enough to be down there after dark unless I'm downtown for a game. Half the city doesn't even have the money to pay the electric bills so there are little to no street lights in some parts.

mh217

sounds like this would be the ideal place to live for a bunch of sbr posters since they are broke and basicaly stay indoors on the comp all day anyway

jjgold

go stay at paco's house one night and all you here are broken fukkin bottles hitting the fukkin ground
    Do not go to Detroit

go to the bottom of Deuce's street and like 300 tires on bottom, they just roll them down the fukkin hill from the abandoned cars
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CanuckG

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Guy I know who's there said around 32k for a nice house.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Government probably pays all the rent, but houses probably get thrashed... Is it worth the hassle???

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    horrific

paco and Deuce live there and both live in the fukkin ghetto

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    go stay at paco's house one night and all you here are broken fukkin bottles hitting the fukkin ground
    Do not go to Detroit

go to the bottom of Deuce's street and like 300 tires on bottom, they just roll them down the fukkin hill from the abandoned cars

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Dom177 View Post
    I live just outside of Detroit, you couldn't pay me enough to be down there after dark unless I'm downtown for a game. Half the city doesn't even have the money to pay the electric bills so there are little to no street lights in some parts.
    Damn!

Nice place to raise a family though if you like proud cities

mh217

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Government probably pays all the rent, but houses probably get thrashed... Is it worth the hassle???
    well if the houses are like 10 grand for real then once you collect a year or two of rent its all profit after right?

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5020

Funny article on Yahoo, woman traded her house there for a used car.

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

sounds like this would be the ideal place to live for a bunch of sbr posters since they are broke and basicaly stay indoors on the comp all day anyway

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Boy oh boy Im really taking a beating for calling Detroit a dump, look I'm sure its a proud city (proud of what idk maybe being #1 in crime) but when you can buy a city block for what it costs to go to the movies something is wrong
    the problem is that the area of the city of detroit is gigantic. so when manufacturing dried up you're left with a huge city with terrible areas. great baseball/football stadiums but people sleeping under trees a few blocks away.

that said, i was much more afraid walking from an indians game to my car than the tigers game to my car last year. cleveland had an open air bar right next to the stadium with armed guards at the corners, not a real friendly atmosphere.

mh217

off topic but anyone know what happened to that squatter who wound up getting the house for free in texas??..sounds like this strategy would work in det for sure

milwaukee mike

mh that dude kept the house for $16 as long as he stays there for 10 years

"adverse possession" laws vary from state to state though

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Detroit is banged up in the horrible areas just like every other large city. The problem with Detroit is that it gets a bad rep and people without even stepping foot in the city picture is much like a war zone. Detroit is actually a beautiful city that is rich with history.

I don't live in the city, never have. My father as well as most older in their years surrounding Detroit, grew up in the city. White flight most bailed and left the city to those who made it what it currently is today. The problem is that Detroiters run the city and most have no clue what they are doing. The government of Detroit is I dare say the most corrupt government in the country. Always millions of dollars missing, money laundering, embezzlement, you name it.

Detroit can be a great place if those that live there actually give a shit. No one cares though. I don't expect them to. Many are uneducated, addicts, have no clue of anything different. Most are content. Corruption runs the city and is only passed down to the citizens.

Many corporations have moved to Detroit due to tax breaks, cheap real-estate. They have built the surrounding areas, many corporations offering incentives for people to move there as well.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Come talk that shit in Detroit op.

jjgold

Paco likes Detroit because he makes money off those fukkin street people

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Come talk that shit in Detroit op.
    Detroit fukin BLOWS!

I paid more to fill up my car than you did for your home

bettilimbroke999

the problem is that the area of the city of detroit is gigantic. so when manufacturing dried up you're left with a huge city with terrible areas. great baseball/football stadiums but people sleeping under trees a few blocks away.

that said, i was much more afraid walking from an indians game to my car than the tigers game to my car last year. cleveland had an open air bar right next to the stadium with armed guards at the corners, not a real friendly atmosphere.
    Cleveland is a shithole as well agreed

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love Kansas City. Beautiful city, awesome food, lots of nice neighborhoods and tons of stuff to do. My dad and I usually go every other year when the Chargers play there.

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!

well if the houses are like 10 grand for real then once you collect a year or two of rent its all profit after right?
    No way you'll get that monthly rate on rent when someone can just break into the house next door and live there for free.

12 Last