NHL Pro Capper
    NHL Pro Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA Tips for the Upcoming Season ///////////

Hello, I can't find any guide/tips for betting NBA games on the site. I find a lot of garbage on the net with standard ads and system crap for $39.99 etc.., I mainly bet NHL, and MLB totals. I am looking to finally spend more time on the NBA.

Can someone please point me in the right direction. I will give 5 points to the first useful post. Sorry no points for trolls. I think it's about time we all helped each other instead of just the typical SBR troll wars.

Could you post your top 3 tips for NBA betting, spreads or totals...please and thank you.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Buy NbA 2k11

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Your non pro cant transfer 5 points.

Anyways...

Little training camp...players are probably have more layers of rust on them than usual. For the first two weeks I would look at with more interest than usual; NBA coaches that play more zone than others. Pack the box with three. Two chasers on the 3 point line. Few people will be able to hit that 17 foot jumper so early.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

follow the NBA line movement. It is the one sport that Line Movement makes a huge difference in. It will make u think it is rigged.

NHL Pro Capper
    NHL Pro Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

I read about the whole rigging story. Must be so disconcerting for players to find out their playoff games were rigged. Well I am going to try and focus on totals, and only bet the over when I bet. This way, if a game is rigged, gonna at least be in my favor.

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

Bad strategy. Unders are money if you look for the right situation and teams. Follow line movement. If the total is high bet the over and vice versa. Fade teams after their first game back off of a road trip. Fade huge line movement (5 points). Fading teams on a b2b is overrated. NBA is my favorite sport to bet.

milkncereal
    milkncereal's Avatar Become A Pro!

^^^^ "Fade teams after their first game back off of a road trip" that has always worked well for me and nba is the worse sides i bet on. props i can pretty well on points scored for a particular player.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look into each team in enough depth to be able to describe how they play. Strong interior presence? High reliance on 3pt shooting? What percentage of points are scored in the paint and/or on fastbreaks? Does the team play faster or slower tempo? Basically you should be able to answer the questions: How is this team going to win this game? Why is this team going to lose this game? In the NBA (and basketball in general) these are fairly quantifiable questions via statistics.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Look into each team in enough depth to be able to describe how they play. Strong interior presence? High reliance on 3pt shooting? What percentage of points are scored in the paint and/or on fastbreaks? Does the team play faster or slower tempo? Basically you should be able to answer the questions: How is this team going to win this game? Why is this team going to lose this game? In the NBA (and basketball in general) these are fairly quantifiable questions via statistics.
    This... Learning each team's personality is HUGE in the NBA.