ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Teaser Middle Question

I took Carolina +8 as part of a teaser. Now that the massive line move has happened. You can get Tampa Bay at +7.5. Is there any value in playing them as part of another teaser? Obviously, it all amounts to what the other game it is tied to.

So for example, the teaser I already placed is Carolina +8 and Tennessee +7.5. I can't get 7.5 any more, but I can still get 7. So is it worth a shot to put down a teaser for TB +7.5 & Tenn +7, and try to middle the Carolina/TB game? I know that the obvious risk is that Tennessee might not cover their teaser and then I lose both bets.

Thoughts?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

What is your objective here?

The market says you are in a very good position in terms of the Carolina leg. By doing what you suggest, you are not gaining anything in terms of value unless you think that Tennessee +7 is a better play now than it was when you took the original +7.5.

If you are not fully hedging and you are losing value, I don't really see the point.

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    What is your objective here?

The market says you are in a very good position in terms of the Carolina leg. By doing what you suggest, you are not gaining anything in terms of value unless you think that Tennessee +7 is a better play now than it was when you took the original +7.5.

If you are not fully hedging and you are losing value, I don't really see the point.
    Well, the thought was that having both Carolina +8 & TB +7.5 I have 14 points to middle that game with and essentially gain a free leg in a teaser. The second leg w/ Tennessee was just what I already had. Sounds like you don't think there is any value in trying to middle one side of a teaser. This makes sense to me, but thought I'd pose the question.