zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gundy

Just saw on ESPN after the game he said they would score 35 on LSU? Guy cant even beat iowa state.

zsr

And the southern miss coach saying they should be in a bcs bowl. These guys can't actually believe what there saying lol and I actually like gundy, but they'd be lucky to score 10. Come on now.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

It would be a much more interesting game than watching Bama and LSU out defense/special team each other.

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

35 probably not...however they have a better offense than Georgia who could have put up 24 if receivers hadn't dropped a couple td's along with other catchable balls...who knows...

Djstucky

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    It would be a much more interesting game than watching Bama and LSU out defense/special team each other.
    I love a great defensive and special teams game...however we have seen lsu vs bama this yr so my vote would be for osu vs lsu as well...obviously my opinion means nothing...

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Djstucky View Post

I love a great defensive and special teams game...however we have seen lsu vs bama this yr so my vote would be for osu vs lsu as well...obviously my opinion means nothing...
    It means a lot to me Stuck....don't sell yourself short... And I too would like to see ok st get a shot.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Djstucky View Post

Completely agree, i loved that Alabama/lsu game earlier. Intensity was crazy.

I think gundy just said that to get a rise out of people, if he legitimately thought they were going to play he wouldn't be giving the best defense in the country bulletin board material

mdfizzle
    mdfizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Iowa St game did come after a plane tragedy. Never used as an excuse, but was probably a factor.

Still, I give the nod to Alabama. I KNOW what kind of game I'm going to get, whereas, LSU could completely smoke OKST and we would all be wondering why the rematch wasn't had.

zsr

They were up by 17 tho, obviously that was a tragedy though and quite frankly maybe they shouldn't of even played the game.. Really tough situation there.

Agree with your second point
    Last edited by zsr; 12-04-11 at 01:21 AM.

Djstucky

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    It means a lot to me Stuck....don't sell yourself short... And I too would like to see ok st get a shot.
    Thank you sir...unfortunately I don't think we will get to see it...I don't see any way osu gets a shot here...

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Just saw on ESPN after the game he said they would score 35 on LSU? Guy cant even beat iowa state.

he said something like "people have to decide if they want to see a 9-6 game or a 39-36 game" also something like "let's get it on and see how good these sec d's really are"...lol. he was making a case for these kids, and he had every right to do so imo. i heard saban was on college gameday...tho i didn't watch. coaches have to speak out for their teams and make a case...and he got ripped for what he said earlier in the week about bama being more deserving...lol. he was trying to be respectful to bama and the sec, and not take a win over ou for granted...and people ripped him for it. coaching aint easy man...lol.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    he said something like "people have to decide if they want to see a 9-6 game or a 39-36 game" also something like "let's get it on and see how good these sec d's really are"...lol. he was making a case for these kids, and he had every right to do so imo. i heard saban was on college gameday...tho i didn't watch. coaches have to speak out for their teams and make a case...and he got ripped for what he said earlier in the week about bama being more deserving...lol. he was trying to be respectful to bama and the sec, and not take a win over ou for granted...and people ripped him for it. coaching aint easy man...lol.
    Oh I didn't actually see the interview, I just heard them talking about it. Yea I heard Saban on game day pleading his case too. I've always liked gundy though ever since his I'm a man meltdown lol now that was awesome

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Oh I didn't actually see the interview, I just heard them talking about it. Yea I heard Saban on game day pleading his case too. I've always liked gundy though ever since his I'm a man meltdown lol now that was awesome
    "i'm a man" was classic man...lol. he is great for ostate. think how great it would feel to come back and lead your school to it's first ever outright conference title and a bcs game...pretty cool. thing i love most tho is someone could offer him 3x what he is making now, and he prolly wouldn't take it. dude loves this school.