SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

No Cotto/Margarito Love??

Havent seen any threads regarding the cotto/margarito fight. Am I the only 1 thats really amped up for this fight tonight? Their first fight was 1 of the greatest fights of the last 25 years, and i was there. Anyone else jazzed? Who ya got

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Boxing is just a steaming heap of crap anymore. The Bob Arum fixorama isn't even worth a trip to the Port-a-john

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Boxing is just a steaming heap of crap anymore. The Bob Arum fixorama isn't even worth a trip to the Port-a-john
    ya i know, ive been feeling the same way...especially recently. But i dont think there will be any shanannigans with these two fighters tonight, except a loaded glove or 2, (no mayweathers or hopkins in the ring 2night). Im amped!

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Apricot Sinner and I are boxings last fans. I am looking forward to this thou

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    ya i know, ive been feeling the same way...especially recently. But i dont think there will be any shanannigans with these two fighters tonight, except a loaded glove or 2, (no mayweathers or hopkins in the ring 2night). Im amped!
    I used to love the fight game years ago, but Arum and his posse of stooges, along with the Golden Boy clowns have ruined boxing even more (if that's possible). I ran into Victor Ortiz a while back and he sort of gave me hope some good guys are still in the sport, but guys like him are few and far between

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Love boxing. Rarely miss going to the fights in Vegas. Am disgusted the scumbag Arum is giving the cheater Margarito multiple 7 figure paydays when he should be banned. Hope Cotto gets his revenge. The NYC Ricans are going to be in full force tonight.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Dank_Fire View Post
    Apricot Sinner and I are boxings last fans. I am looking forward to this thou
    hardly

im headed over to the garden in about an hour...4th time seeing cotto fight live...3rd time in the garden

cant say i know the details of cottos last deal with top rank...but ive heard some rumors that it might be up after the year...and hed be free to go to golden boy....and golden boy could make a fight with floyd for him if he beats tony...so there could be an interesting subplot there with arum.....

like ive said....when u watch what cotto was doing to tony through the first 6 rounds of the first fight....shane mosley picked up the blueprint and added the wrinkle he and cotto needed to beat him......shane clinched when neccessary....you cant keep letting tony come forward....cotto would be tagging tony and then start back pedaling towards the ropes....u cant do that...shane fired off and came forward not letting tony come at him and get off.....

cotto is pretty prideful and stubborn...he doesnt clinch...so itll be interesting to see what he does....need to keep off the ropes and i hope hes in better condition this time around too

Dirty Sanchez

Arum would throw his own family in front of a train to make a buck....giving Margarito another shot tells you something about him. This might come out racist (not meant that way) but the fight game needs another popular US white fighter. Some have been pimping this Mike Lee guy, but who knows

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Arum would throw his own family in front of a train to make a buck....giving Margarito another shot tells you something about him. This might come out racist (not meant that way) but the fight game needs another popular US white fighter. Some have been pimping this Mike Lee guy, but who knows
    Arum is scum. There is no such thing as a great US white fighter. Last one was Rocky Balboa.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I lean Cotto. Margarito isn't that good when he doesn't have plaster in his gloves.

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Arum is scum. There is no such thing as a great US white fighter. Last one was Rocky Balboa.
    What? Gerry Cooney?

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

I like Cotto. Marg. has no pop in his punches without cement in his gloves. And why is he always wearing sunglasses? I figure it's either because light bothers his eye or because he looks a little like columbo with his reconstructed cyborg thing. Either way, his eye is f'd up. It'll prbly be a doctor stoppage after he gets tagged a couple of times in that wreck of an eyeball because the NY commsion is afraid it will fall out and they'll wave it early to be on the safe side.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

lee is a sideshow act in my eyes...guy was like the notre dame boxing champion or some shit...hes a guy that arum can sell...like zbikowski...like he sold yuri foreman to the nyc jewish community....like he sells pawel wolak to the polish in new jersey....sold john duddy to the irish crews.....

the fight of the night on the undercard is the wolak/rodriguez rematch....first fight was on friday night fights and is a contender for fight of the year.....i had a few hundred on delvin rodgriguez at +320 i think it was...i thought he was robbed.....i think with a few adjustments he can make this a much easier fight.....but wolak is one of those guys that keeps coming no matter how many times he gets hit....dude had a ******* disgusting welt...one that rivaled hasim rahmans

Spaghettiball
    Spaghettiball's Avatar Become A Pro!

They're not gonna eff around with the eye issue. I bought Cotto by tko or ko at +300

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

MARGARITO!MARGARITO!

Cotto loses by TKO/bleeding vagina.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    lee is a sideshow act in my eyes...guy was like the notre dame boxing champion or some shit...hes a guy that arum can sell...like zbikowski...like he sold yuri foreman to the nyc jewish community....like he sells pawel wolak to the polish in new jersey....sold john duddy to the irish crews.....

the fight of the night on the undercard is the wolak/rodriguez rematch....first fight was on friday night fights and is a contender for fight of the year.....i had a few hundred on delvin rodgriguez at +320 i think it was...i thought he was robbed.....i think with a few adjustments he can make this a much easier fight.....but wolak is one of those guys that keeps coming no matter how many times he gets hit....dude had a ******* disgusting welt...one that rivaled hasim rahmans
    I like Rodriguez. Kid has heart and legit skills.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

boxing is a rigged JOKE

been dying for 10 years

Dirty Sanchez

I remember the hype on this one

gotov
    gotov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4853

Hope Cotto wins and the raging Bull Darchinyan

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

cotto! 1950/1000 with bet islands 2200/1000 with 5dime! im so pumped im watching pre card instead of football

Koldazzice

oh crap even got 440/200 with just bet forgot I bet there to. Gonna lay down the beers before I bet more

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Both of these guys suck. But i will wach, i hope margarito wins but who knows i wouldnt be surprised either way!

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    hardly

im headed over to the garden in about an hour...4th time seeing cotto fight live...3rd time in the garden

cant say i know the details of cottos last deal with top rank...but ive heard some rumors that it might be up after the year...and hed be free to go to golden boy....and golden boy could make a fight with floyd for him if he beats tony...so there could be an interesting subplot there with arum.....

like ive said....when u watch what cotto was doing to tony through the first 6 rounds of the first fight....shane mosley picked up the blueprint and added the wrinkle he and cotto needed to beat him......shane clinched when neccessary....you cant keep letting tony come forward....cotto would be tagging tony and then start back pedaling towards the ropes....u cant do that...shane fired off and came forward not letting tony come at him and get off.....

cotto is pretty prideful and stubborn...he doesnt clinch...so itll be interesting to see what he does....need to keep off the ropes and i hope hes in better condition this time around too

Thats right, I remember reading another post of yours, theres actually quiet a few, take some pics!!

Koldazzice

cotto spanks the criminal (I hope)

matelionis
    matelionis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

I got Margarito +180. That whole plaster in the gloves vs. Cotto was never proven.

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Quote Originally Posted by matelionis View Post
    I got Margarito +180. That whole plaster in the gloves vs. Cotto was never proven.

Golden Bullet
    Golden Bullet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1098

Cotto makes 5 m + Margarito 2.5 m + I would think Cotto will win somehow and can be promoted Margarito Eye problem don't think so.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Like Cotto in this fight but he must box more in the rematch. Margarito is a pure pressure fighter who you have to box early in the fight then pressure down the end!

Sniperpicks
    Sniperpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

whats the chance it goes less than 10.5 rounds?

Dirty Sanchez

If you guys were watching the pre-fights there was something going on in Margarito's dressing room with his hands being wrapped....there were more guys in there watching then I think in the arena

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpicks View Post
    whats the chance it goes less than 10.5 rounds?
    around +140, or +120 for 11.5 on Bodog, are there better prices out there? SBR book hates boxing, not even an over/under for this fight or props.

I personally think under 11.5 rounds is a good bet, but certainly nowhere near a lock. I may bet it last second. Won't make any other bets on the fight.

Sniperpicks
    Sniperpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I put a small amount on it, like a tank of gas bet

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you guys were watching the pre-fights there was something going on in Margarito's dressing room with his hands being wrapped....there were more guys in there watching then I think in the arena
    That's just because of his past with illegal wraps

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

i think margarito is shot or rather that eye aint right. manny beat the career out of him, but margarito is a tough sob so it may go the distance

123 Last