purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    Rondo is the 4th leading scorer on this team. Of course you know the top 3.

This is where he is exceptional though: He hits 51% of his shots. You almost never see a PG hit that percent. Only the elite.

He averages 5 rebounds a game, which is more than Ray Allen and the same as Paul Pierce. 5 rebounds a game for the point guard. That is unheard of.

Thats not all. He is 4th in the entire NBA in steals. He is also 6th in assists.

Not only is he not a detriment, he is one of the best PG's in the NBA.

He also has about the same assist to turnover ratio as Cris Paul.

This is only his 2nd or 3rd year too.
    The next time I'm looking for a guard that can shoot...I won't call him my point guard, I would call him a shooting guard...wait they already have that...

PG is the following
    fast
    quick explosive
    good defensively
    can pass
    awareness
    able to create and use pick'n roll effectively
    MOST IMPORTANTLY
    doesn't turn the ball over

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
    That stat is miskewed though. That's like saying Tyson Chandler shoots better than Al Jefferson.

Rondo rarely shoots from the outside. It's mostly layups and little floaters from five feet in. Most of his shots don't come from 20 feet like Kobe, Parker, McGrady and all those other guys.
    It doesn't matter where you shoot the ball from. Its whether it goes in the basket or not.

No he's not a good outside shooter and that makes the fact that he is #1 in FG% all the more amazing. Because everyone plays him to drive. Even so, he still gets past people and finds creases to get to the hole. He may take more punishment than anyone else in the NBA.

I have never seen a little guard that can contort his body and hit shots over big guys close to the rim like Rondo can. Its amazing. It use to be Ginobli that was the best at contorting his body and making wild shots. Now its Rondo.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I thought Rondo was the guy in your avatar Wiley?

WileOut

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    id take fisher over rondo
    easy call
    but thats not a knock on the celts, who got swept by the lakers this yr
    Fisher is a better outside shooter than Rondo, other than that Rondo is better at everything else. But you would take Fisher. Thats like saying you would take Kyle Korver over Ron Artest.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some excellent points here, Rondo certainly is a liability come playoff time.

WileOut

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I thought Rondo was the guy in your avatar Wiley?
    No thats Theo from Happy Days

WileOut

He was the cook in the local restaurant where Fonzy use to pick up girls. They just never showed him much. He was funny when he made an appearance though

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

Rondo is a great playmaker, but a bad jump shooter

Nowhere near a liablity for this team....Allen and House feed off this guy

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    It doesn't matter where you shoot the ball from. Its whether it goes in the basket or not.

No he's not a good outside shooter and that makes the fact that he is #1 in FG% all the more amazing. Because everyone plays him to drive. Even so, he still gets past people and finds creases to get to the hole. He may take more punishment than anyone else in the NBA.

I have never seen a little guard that can contort his body and hit shots over big guys close to the rim like Rondo can. Its amazing. It use to be Ginobli that was the best at contorting his body and making wild shots. Now its Rondo.
    I agree with your first statement because all that matters is that the ball goes in the hoop but you're the one telling me that Rondo is a better shooter because you're comparing his FG% to guys like Kobe, McGrady, Nash, and Parker. That's clearly not the case. Second, people play Rondo to shoot, not to drive. They play off him because they're daring him to shoot the ball. Third, I highly doubt he takes more punishment compared to anyone else in the NBA. He's small so of course he's going to receive his fair share of hard fouls. Because he wants to drive all the time, you know who is waiting for him inside the paint. Honestly, you guys can praise Rondo all you want now but tell me how he plays when Garnett, Pierce, and Allen all retire. I admit he's a good player on a great team but he was placed in an even better situation.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

ya crazylou is least knowledgable about celtics..havent missed a game...rondo is why we win

WileOut

but you're the one telling me that Rondo is a better shooter because you're comparing his FG% to guys like Kobe, McGrady, Nash, and Parker. That's clearly not the case. Second, people play Rondo to shoot, not to drive. They play off him because they're daring him to shoot the ball.
    When somebody plays off they are playing the guy to drive. They are daring him to shoot, but expecting him to drive. That is what they do to Rondo. You got a little mixed up there.

I'm not saying he is a better outside shooter. He is not a good outside shooter. He is the best PG around the rim in the NBA. That is what I'm saying.

Third, I highly doubt he takes more punishment compared to anyone else in the NBA. He's small so of course he's going to receive his fair share of hard fouls. Because he wants to drive all the time, you know who is waiting for him inside the paint. Honestly, you guys can praise Rondo all you want now but tell me how he plays when Garnett, Pierce, and Allen all retire. I admit he's a good player on a great team but he was placed in an even better situation.

Look, stats don't lie. Kobe plays on a great team yet they still say he is the best player in the NBA. Great players are great no matter what team the play on. And I'm telling you that Rondo is a great player. He is maybe the best defensive guard in the league. That is half the equation. The other half is that he is the best PG at driving to the basket in the league.

No other PG has to drive every time with the defender playing 5 feet off, waiting for him to drive. Yet he still drives, and still scores. That is what makes the 51% even more amazing. You would expect 51% to come from a great outside shooter who takes advantage of guys playing in his grill, taking advantage of that and going around them.

Rondo does not have that luxury. He earns the 51% because he is the best PG finisher around the basket in the league.

When the big 3 retire, Rondo's average will go up about 8 points and he will still be the best defensive guard in the league. That will remain the same.

5 Rebounds a game for a PG and 6th in the league in assists. He is just a great all around player. He just can't shoot. It doesn't matter though he still scores.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6483

rondo is so young. give him time to develop his jumper and he will be up there with the elite

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

this is the 2nd post crazylou has made about how rondo is a supposed bad PG...he still isnt aware that hes wrong and i dont get why. He watched a televised game last nite so he thinks he knows it all now, crazylou- you are a joke

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    rondo is so young. give him time to develop his jumper and he will be up there with the elite
    Sure, until he's on a team empty of 3 of the NBA's best players of all time.
    Honestly, you guys can praise Rondo all you want now but tell me how he plays when Garnett, Pierce, and Allen all retire. I admit he's a good player on a great team but he was placed in an even better situation.
    This post said it all.

Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 245

Rondo keeping his team in it.

Celtics all in foul trouble and injured but he keeps taking beatings in the paint.

cnleaf
    cnleaf's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont expect too much on a young point guard. He is doing better compared with others in the same situation.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

rondo gets 70% of his made baskets on layups
    he is good at many things, but shooting issnt one of them
    possibly the worst shooting guard in the league. worse than kidd even.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    rondo gets 70% of his made baskets on layups
    he is good at many things, but shooting issnt one of them
    Yes, ryan. I've been saying that all along and I'm glad someone else sees that. I hate it when the commentators praise him for shooting over 50%. The stat is misleading. It's like praising Shaq for shooting 55%+ because he can make layups and dunk the ball. Big deal. Anyone can do that.

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLou View Post
    This guy is going to be a liability come playoff time.
    he is strongly indulge in fixing matches as i saw on espn2 live matches.

Tsoprano

He was the only one keeping them in the game for a large part of it today

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Rondo has made himself something, but he doesn't have Derrick Rose's talent.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Rondo has made himself something, but he doesn't have Derrick Rose's talent.
    He isn't even in the same vicinity as Derrick Rose talent wise, and as far as athletically I mean hell even Deron Williams of Utah said he thinks Derrick might be the fastest player in the league.

His first step is amazing.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Thing is Rose doesn't even know how he good he is.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Nice call, CrazyL.

Tsoprano

Excellent bump RTJ, I was just going to go locate this

dennisback
    dennisback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Rondo MVP for Boston

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

a ton of dumb posts in this thread....

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Yeah Rondo sucks and is a liability

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

classic thread

WileOut

Rondo is now the top scorer on the Celtics who are about to go to the finals again. He is now their best player. Never thought I would say that when I was arguing for him in this thread last year.

shock11
    shock11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

[COLOR=#000000 ! important]This guy is going to be a liability come playoff time. [/COLOR]

jwbjwbjwb12
    jwbjwbjwb12's Avatar Become A Pro!

rondo might be the best point guard in the game right now...hes certainly playn like it

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Rondo will fold against LA.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

This and the -5000 tennis 'locks' that keep getting bumped are pretty funny. Sorry Lou.

WileOut

shari I like you. Do you want to go steady?

First 123 Last