brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Same rules for the big banks then. No one told them to lend to losers, yet why did we bail out the banks?

Yet tax dollars bailed them out.

Yet people have no problems with someone packaging up shitty loans, grabbing 50 or 100 million as a bonus, then running away as fast as they could before it blew up?

People can't pay their mortgage, they give the house back to the bank. Plain and simple.

Banks can't pay for their shitty investments, they pay themselves bonuses and give the investments to the taxpayer.

Only the dumb taco bell worker who signed the 80 page mortgage is to blame?

that is all true but again i was just saying, which goes in hand with who really controls congress. The people need to start accepting some responsibility here just as with who they vote into congress, or keep.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Ya i agree, thats why i wish they would have went to congress and I also think a leader figure/house is necessary. IMO a movement like this is great but as you said the media has got them now. A lot of them are saying the right things now but when this movement first started, all the media had to do was find the dumb kids and put them on tv. If they had a leader who could have told them to kept their mouth shut i think it would have helped big time.
    It's ok if the OWS doesn't move on to bigger things. It's ok if the Tea Party fizzles out (like it is in all recent polls for popularity).

Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot didn't invent the cars we drive today. Yet the cars we drive today, are in part, thanks to what he did invent and the lessons learned from that point forward.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by excel View Post
    I guess it's easy to talk about other people and how they should suck it up and work harder when your job is making people laugh. Let his ass work in a factory 60 hours a week making 10 dollars a hour and see if he still feels the same. His father was a doctor(psychologist) so you can imagine how hard his childhood was. Reading his bio I get the impression he is one of the over privileged ass douches he is talking about.
    Actually he spent much of his younger days doing construction and cleaning carpets for a living, he really isn't the silver spoon type. I think he grew up in West Hollywood.

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Actually he spent much of his younger days doing construction and cleaning carpets for a living, he really isn't the silver spoon type. I think he grew up in West Hollywood.
    I read he grew up in north hollywood with a doctor as a dad? Yes I'm sure he wasn't silver spoon fed.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by excel View Post
    I guess it's easy to talk about other people and how they should suck it up and work harder when your job is making people laugh. Let his ass work in a factory 60 hours a week making 10 dollars a hour and see if he still feels the same. His father was a doctor(psychologist) so you can imagine how hard his childhood was. Reading his bio I get the impression he is one of the over privileged ass douches he is talking about.
    believe it or not adam worked as a carpenter he was a regular guy not a rich kid. Maybe lower middle class to middle class. He was a handy man his parents where hippys he had a crazy upbringing only reason i know this shit is because i listened to his podcast since he got kicked off 97.1 here in LA. Dude has been dirt poor.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes, we do need a world plague. can I make a list of countries that it can wipe out?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    believe it or not adam worked as a carpenter he was a regular guy not a rich kid. Maybe lower middle class to middle class. He was a handy man his parents where hippys he had a crazy upbringing only reason i know this shit is because i listened to his podcast since he got kicked off 97.1 here in LA. Dude has been dirt poor.
    All wannabe comedians,actors that come to LA are supposedly "dirt poor"... They all come here and party and try to mingle..they never work until they "MAKE IT".

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

seemed like a cash grab to me. Ironically the ass douches are likely his old target audience. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    PISS OFF, HIPPIE.

just for that I'm going to call my Comrades in Occupy Texas and have them drop extra turds in your local park pal

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    All wannabe comedians,actors that come to LA are supposedly "dirt poor"... They all come here and party and try to mingle..they never work until they "MAKE IT".
    Yeah ive met the type but adam grew up in the valley.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

so what caused all these workers in your hypothetical example to settle for a factory job that only pays 10 and apparently doesnt haven't a union; or they would be getting a hell of a lot more than 10 an hour for no education.

Sounds like a YOU problem as they say.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Corolla knows how to swing a hammer that is for sure... He has had many jobs including dressing up for children's b-day parties....

We should be focused on the now and that that these banks need to be loaning the money they got. This should be the outrage of the moment. They are all sitting on it instead of loaning it to those that can help fix the problem

... but yes "everyone deserves to be a home owner" was the PC mantra of the day, but still, there is plenty of blame to go around from your leftist politicians to your greedy banks over the fiasco we find ourselves in.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I only posted once on this subject and my post favored anti-OWS

But this is laughable by Carolla.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

I like Carolla's rant on how RELIGION is like a SPORTS TEAM. So true... so true...

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I don't like how the protesters are being stereotyped. Of course, if you watch Fox, then your mind is made up for you and you're a stupid f'n retard that can't have an independent thought that isn't corporate controlled. Even MSNBC and other major corporate news are missing the mark on covering the protests. There are demographic numbers and the majority of the protesters have jobs and are in their 30s.
    This is quite a different picture that most of you that watch fox paint. They aren't, in fact, asking for handouts. In fact, if you go to their website, you'll see (as noted earlier in this thread) it's not a Dick Armey or Koch Brothers surrogate for political power.

If you research what the movement is about, it's not unlike a lot of Libertarian arguments about the Fed, who has created TRILLIONS of dollars to loan with little to no interest, to mega banks, whom then make a ton of money off of it. For the working poor or under-employed, you can't tap into that money unless you're paying some serious interest on it. Why can't US citizens just borrow from the Fed?
    Further, because of the enormous amount of wealth owned by corporate overlords, they're able to control the message of what we read, we hear, we eat, we sleep. They own Washington and rig the game so they can win. It's capitalism at it's finest. Do you like not having a shot? I don't. Hard work does not equal billions, especially when the money you're earning is being devalued because the Fed keeps creating MORE and MORE of it and giving it out to mega banks to lend out.

That's part of Occupy's message. Again, this is not unlike most Ron Paul supporter's ideals... At least literate ones that don't listen to right win talk radio or fox. No one wants a hand out, again, as you can see, by doing 1 minute of research, that most of the protesters have jobs. They just want a level paying field.

What would've happened if that money that went to the banks/AIG went to Americans? Think about it a moment.
    The way I see it, being anti occupy means #1 you're rich, #2 you're a brainless meat puppet of corporate media or #3 you're the asshole that goes to Vegas and instead of gaming, you cheer for the house. When the house hits blackjack, you talk shit to the guy that just went busto. 'YEAH BITCH, HOUSE WINS'.
    Right now the house is steamrolling us and until voters get their heads out of their asses, we're going to keep the 'house' in charge. This includes Obama/Dem voters. No one is fighting for common people and when that happens, you get an 'occupy' movement. And since it's not funded by big oil ala the teabaggers, it's a legit 'grassroots' movement of protest vs the government - not meat puppets representing billionaires.

One final point. Corolla is wayyy off base in the OP. 1% paying 50% of the taxes is a math thing. What, is everyone supposed to contribute 20k to the government/year? Also, who holds all the wealth? It sure isn't the 99%. It takes money to make money. When you stack the deck so no one else can compete and you're supposed to bend over to mega-business, then there's a big problem.

First 12