jimmyeatworld
    jimmyeatworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

Question about Betislands

How can Betislands afford to give everyone half a point on all lines on Monday-Friday?

I was just thinking about this last night because I had a huge bet on UNCW +2.5, courtesy of the free half point, and I'm thinking that whatever bet they took on the spread on that game, they had to pay out b/c it landed right on 2.

Isnt' that a big hit to take every time a line lands exactly on the line? How can they afford to do this? I'm assuming this promotion won't last that long?

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

According to the SBR half-point calculator there is still a small advantage (-101) to the book giving away that half point from +2 to +2.5 at -110 juice.

Obviously their calculation is that their clientele are the kind who do more betting on the weekends and will consider it a fair trade-off to get the half-points only some of the time. bookmaker in effect gives early-betting sharps a semi-free point by putting up the openers, so it's not quite a give-the-store-away promotion for a place like BI which deals later lines.