Mo better blues
    Mo better blues's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alabama deserves a rematch?

Alabama's only lose is to the #1 team in the country by 3 in OT. Their best win is against the #8 team in the country in Arkansas. Now Oklahoma State...their best win is against #11 Kansas State...their worst loss...unranked Iowa State. Stanford...they lose to Oregon and arent conference champions...that kills the whole "you must be a conference champion to play in the national" talk. So if we keep going down the line...it may be that people want to see LSU vs. Houston....just so long as Alabama doesnt get another chance. Ridiculous.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

BCS National Championship game is supposed to host the 2 best teams. I think those 2 teams are Alabama and LSU. However, many voters are going to try and find any reason possible to eliminate an all SEC matchup.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Alabama already had a chance to play LSU in their home stadium and they blew it. Alabama will not even win their conference. So no ofcourse they dont deserve it but it doesnt matter politics and media will have them in the championship.

on the bright side its easy money for us sports bettors. Take LSU -2 to the max , game is in Louisiana and it will be a huge home crowd advantage for LSU.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

only thing about it that sucks is, if alabama wins they think they are national champs, in my book they would be even , both with win

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

your book

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Alabama already had a chance to play LSU in their home stadium and they blew it. Alabama will not even win their conference. So no ofcourse they dont deserve it but it doesnt matter politics and media will have them in the championship.

on the bright side its easy money for us sports bettors. Take LSU -2 to the max , game is in Louisiana and it will be a huge home crowd advantage for LSU.

Who in your estimation deserves to play LSU?

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    only thing about it that sucks is, if alabama wins they think they are national champs, in my book they would be even , both with win

You are entitled to your opinion/"book" but the crystal ball will go to the team that wins Jan 9th.

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

If this happens it's all we will hear about for weeks and weeks and weeks...therefore I am going for lsu...

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

how could you consider alabama the champs if lsu beat them already on there turf makes no sense not fair at all to lsu but they are most likely the 2nd best team id like to see va tech

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

BCS is the dumbest fuking thing

goldendome23
    goldendome23's Avatar Become A Pro!

You lose at home while scoring 6 points and your best non-conference win is against the 4th best Big 10 team. You don't win your division, don't have to play in a conference championship game and your prize is a spot in the national title game. If there wasn't a bigger reason for a playoff, there never will be.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

The one with pop up pictures...or the braille edition because you are obviously blind if you don't see it for what it is pal

So let me ask you this....Do you consider the NY Giants the Super Bowl Champions from the 2007 season after they beat Brady and the Patriots? Because New England had JUST beaten the G-Men 38-35 a few weeks earlier.....but the Giants won 'the rematch' and took home the trophy....pretty sure we all know this right? Or do you you call the Pats...then 18-0 before the game.....'co-champs' because they were just 'even' now?

Djstucky

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    The one with pop up pictures...or the braille edition because you are obviously blind if you don't see it for what it is pal So let me ask you this....Do you consider the NY Giants the Super Bowl Champions from the 2007 season after they beat Brady and the Patriots? Because New England had JUST beaten the G-Men 38-35 a few weeks earlier.....but the Giants won 'the rematch' and took home the trophy....pretty sure we all know this right? Or do you you call the Pats...then 18-0 before the game.....'co-champs' because they were just 'even'now?
    Naturally the team who wins the superbowl is clearly and appropriately crowned that years NFL champion. Regardless of what transpired during the regular season. Unfortunately the college football champion/title is determined by polls, votes, and computers. LSU was a CO champion in 2003.

Djstucky

To make matters worse the NCAA doesn't view the winner of a/any game the/a national champion. This is decided by selectors (voters). There are two main ballots/polls we utilize to reference as the national champ. 1)
    AP poll which consist of sportswriters and 2) AP coaches poll (current coaches) who are contractually obligated to select The BCS game winner the title. This is an absurd way to determine that years champion IMO.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Djstucky View Post
    Naturally the team who wins the superbowl is clearly and appropriately crowned that years NFL champion. Regardless of what transpired during the regular season. Unfortunately the college football champion/title is determined by polls, votes, and computers. LSU was a CO champion in 2003.
    I've been as anti-BCS as many in the past...still am...but until they give us a playoff of 4 or 8 teams and drop one regular season game and go back to the prior 11 game regular season.....it's what we got for now. Everyone knows what they have to do to get there at the start of the season....some have to show off and run up scores to make headway in the polls...others have to just be strong and ride the preseason rankings...and a loss hurts but the later the loss the worse off the team is. If Bama wins close on Jan 9th and Ok St or Va Tech blowout their games...maybe the USA Today and ESPN pollsters can vote them into the top spot out of whatever logic...but the BCS is what everyone plays for....have to take it for now.

Maybe Clemson beats Va Tech by 20 points again....and Ok State runs up 55-13 type Bedlam win...and Georgia gets by LSU by 2 TDS...then people might change their minds for the big slot...who knows. But as it stands today take away biases and labels and look at the numbers....

Team A- one loss by 20 points while they were 7 point favorites to a 3 loss team (-27 point swing)

Team B- one loss by 3 points in OT to the #1 and undefeated team as 4 point favorites (-7 point swing)

Team C - one loss by 6 in OT to a 5 Loss team while favored by close to 30 (5 TD point swing)

Which team, forget who they are, but based on results, deserves the one slot up for grabs?

okatoma
    okatoma's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU was a CO champion in 2003.
    LSU was NOT a co-champion in 2003. I hate the BCS but the winner of the BCS championship game is the national champion. The AP poll is irrelevant.

Djstucky

I totally agree with everything you are saying. Personally I thoroughly enjoy watching, listening, and reading about sports all the time. I hope it just works out where there is a clear and concise champion to diminish the hours sports enthusiast spend talking about it after the season.

Djstucky

Quote Originally Posted by okatoma View Post
    LSU was NOT a co-champion in 2003. I hate the BCS but the winner of the BCS championship game is the national champion. The AP poll is irrelevant.
    I agree the outcome of the NC game is who I view as the national champ. However the title is claimed by schools amongst other things causing controversy.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

I totally agree with everything you are saying. Personally I thoroughly enjoy watching, listening, and reading about sports all the time. I hope it just works out where there is a clear and concise champion to diminish the hours sports enthusiast spend talking about it after the season.
    the only way nobody can have any beef is if lsu wins the nc game. they are clearly the best team in the country, and even with a loss in the sec championship they have the best resume by far. no other one loss team could claim they played near the schedule lsu did, and their only loss was in the conference championship game...if they were to lose. anybody but lsu wins the nc game and SOMEBODY will have beef. that is just the way it is tho, and it is nothing new. don't think many of us like the bcs...tho i was actually disgusted when i read this article. people think i posted it because i am a homer and wanted ostate in the nc, but that is not the reason. he actually makes a case for bama at one point. it was just the bcs being shown bluntly like this for what it is made me sick about college football. i think we may have been better off before the bcs...tho i know it was bad. at least you didn't have these crooks making billions off these kids.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ate_bcs_112911

disgusting...no matter who you feel should play in the nc.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Situations like this make me wish there was a playoff..could ok state play with the big boys? Could Andrew luck beat an sec defense? Would be awesome.

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please God...NO. Nick Saban's hands...they move...constantly.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Ok. St. has 4 victories over teams currently in the BCS Top 25 (5 if they beat Oklahoma)

Alabama has beaten 3 teams total with a record over .500 this season.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    Ok. St. has 4 victories over teams currently in the BCS Top 25 (5 if they beat Oklahoma)

Those are very good points, but I would tend to argue....Do you really think a championship caliber team would:

a) squeak by a 6-6 A&M team by 1 pt

b) give up 45 POINTS in a home game to Kansas St

c) lose to a mediocre Iowa St team when favored by 27 pts and actually give up 37 pts
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LINE-crush-ER

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

By any objective measure they are the two strongest teams. So, yes.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU wins rematch in Louisiana.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

This would be a good game to unload on.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9376

Maybe we should wait until after the games are played Saturday?

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9376

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post

4 teams if you count the AA/FCS team.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

I only know one thing: if Georgia wins the SEC Championship game (and I don't think it will), the most illogical thing in the world would be to have two other teams from the same conference play in the BCS title game. That would make no sense whatsoever.

Bennett
    Bennett's Avatar Become A Pro!

It sucks for all of us there isn't a playoff system for the greatest sport in America; college football. It sucks for teams that just have "one of those days", lose one game, then in many cases, their season is over. Or a team like Houston not having a chance to get their shot.

That being said; if you are a top team, you can't have those losses; period. Losing to Iowa St, is the equivalent to LSU or Bama losing to Louisiana Monroe, a team that would be a 30 point dog.. shouldn't happen; can't happen.

There is something said for teams having their chances; just win. VT had the easiest road; but choked again vs Clemson... see their non-conf games; plus a terrible ACC. Oregon lost twice, Stanford blew it; Ark got hammered.

So since what we have is this BCS non-sense; and I hate it... you must consider losses; when and who.. This year it's clearly LSU/Bama. Personally, even if we had a playoff, these two would still end up standing at the end; in my opinion.. but again, who knows? And that's the beauty of a playoff... you just don't know.

And you can't say, "you must win your conference to play in title game". All conferences don't have Conf Championship games; so until they all do; you can't say that.. Although, that's slowly changing and the rule may be added.

I still can't believe College football doesn't have a playoff... oh wait; I know why; 546 trillion dollars every year that they will never give up... sucks.
    Last edited by Bennett; 12-01-11 at 06:38 AM.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

If LSU loses to Bama, Bama doesn't deserve to be "National Champions" LSU would have beaten them in Alabama, and lost on a Neutral Site.. Garbage like this never would happen in the old system..

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Bama all the way! Oklahoma State has zero chance of making the NC game.. This fukking shitty Oklahoma State team was beaten by an unranked team.. Fukking disgusting..

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Alabama should be there

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

They're solid pretty much all around except the passing game

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Who in your estimation deserves to play LSU?

i think Oklahoma State deserves it. Only 1 loss and they havent had a chance to play LSU yet. The Big 12 is a respectable conference. That is ofcourse if Oklahoma state beats Oklahoma on Saturday.

But it is a flawed system, i'm not saying Alabama isn't the 2nd best team in the nation they might be, I just think that another 1 loss team should get a chance Alabama already had their chance. I'd like to see the top 16 teams in a single elmination playoff. They could still use the names Orange , Fiesta, Sugar, and Rose for some of the games.

1234 ... Last