Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    then TERRIBLE (iowast) losses count too
    Can we count impressive wins as well?

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    The only split national title I remember is when USC and lsu both played different teams in bowl games, I'll assume that's what your referring too but this is a totally different situation as lsu and Alabama will be playing each other

What are you, 14 years old?

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good night all, this thread has been fun, untill tomorrow. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good night.

I think Alabama is the second best team in the country and has the best shot of beating LSU in New Orleans.

I just don't think they match the criteria as well as OK State.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post

What a terrible assumption.

The Associated Press releases their rankins for a reason (hint: same reason since 1934).
    Like I said above, the only split national championship I remember is when lsu and USC played different teams in bowl games. This will be a head to head game. I really just think your trying to pass your opinion of what the situation should be as fact. But I'm done arguing as obviously neither of our opinions will change the facts at hand.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post

What are you, 14 years old?
    Lol yes let's resort to calling each other kids, that seems to be common place here anyway. Your opinion of what should happen, doesn't change anything. Sorry. You don't have a vote, lol.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    You are making up qualifications that don't exist. And while you have convinced yourself that anyone who disagrees with you is insane, your logic is a joke.
    this about sums your whole argument up exactly, kgambler.

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

LSU would demolish any other team in the country. You could probably put 3 or 4 teams together and LSU still demolishes them. You have to go Alabama, they are the 2nd best team. Id rather watch them again than watch LSU beat the shit out of anyone else.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

from Russ Mitchell @ CFN... this pretty much sums it up for me and about 75% of the country...

"By: Russ Mitchell
    Follow me on Twitter: @RussMitchellCFB

By what measuring stick do you argue that Oklahoma State doesn’t deserve to play in the national championship game? The “eyeball test”. Please knock that crap off. Outside of a strip club, the eyeball test fails weekly…WEEKLY – WEEKLY – WEEKLY. As every CFB analyst worth his weight knows.

You are just guessing if you’re going on something so nebulous as that. Which means you have no real argument. Instead, until we finally get the playoff our sport and its players/fans so desperately deserve, let’s just go on a few facts.

FACT: This season the SEC is very top heavy. 2011 has been LSU, Bama, an overrated but still above average Arkansas squad…and then crickets. That’s it. No, not Georgia. If Georgia had played LSU, Bama and Arkansas this regular season, they’d have losses to LSU, Bama and Arkansas.

This year’s rankings slipped off SEC teams faster than wedding rings off Kardashians...and for good reason. As a result, sweeping the conference in 2011 doesn’t carry nearly the same weight as it has in previous years. Just a fact – not debatable. By nearly any standard, it’s been a down year for SEC football.

FACT: Why are we talking about losses? Up until Saturday Houston had zero losses and no one was talking about them as a viable challenger. Why? Because they had no viable wins. So, who are mighty Alabama’s big wins? A Penn State squad currently ranked fifth in its own conference with the 110th scoring offense, or an Arkansas team whose best win itself is either Texas A&M (the seventh place team in OSU's Big 12) or an Auburn squad that’s surrendered 208 points in its five losses. That’s it, Grandma. So, where is Bama’s great win? Just point me to one.

Meanwhile, OSU has beaten seven teams with winning records to Bama’s three. OSU has beaten five ranked teams to Bama’s two. It’s not even close, folks; in a world where we only play a dozen or so games, that spread is massive

OSU just absolutely annihilated the #10 Oklahoma Sooners 44-10, and it could have been much worse – to his credit, OSU head coach Mike Gundy pulled off the gas in the fourth quarter; all 44 points came in the first three. Raise your hand if you can remember the last time an Oklahoma team lost that decisively, and I’ll tell you you’re a Trojan fan. The Sooners lose games like that three or four times a decade.

I’m an SEC guy first and a CFB man second, and I’ll go, watch and report on an LSU vs. Bama rematch if it happens… But if it’s truly so neck-and-neck between Bama and OSU, I’ve already seen Bama play LSU. On Bama’s home field.

Why would I want to watch it again when I could see the other neck play LSU?

Just because I’m a lover of all things SEC? Damn right, I am. But that doesn’t mean I’m ignorant to the fact that other conferences also play football. And given the weak nature of the SEC this year – the SEC that can’t even fill out all of its bowl responsibilities, and even that fails to accurately convey our ineptitude in 2011 – I don’t think we deserve two teams playing, particularly given the fact that Bama has no real win on which to hang its hat.

For me, if the man behind the curtain at ESPN calls out LSU vs. Bama on Sunday, the college football season is over, and LSU is your national champion. I’m not obligated to vote for the winner of the “invite only” one-game of a crappy BCS system, like the “coaches” are in the “Coaches" Poll.

Why would I vote Bama over LSU if they win? In that scenario the teams are 1-1, with LSU 13-1 to Bama’s 12-1, the Tigers will have won both the SEC and SEC West crowns, will have more wins than Bama, more wins against ranked opponents by far, more wins against teams with winning records, more wins against top three opponents, more wins against conference champions (Oregon and WVU to Bama’s zero), AND WILL HAVE BEATEN THE TIDE IN THEIR OWN STADIUM.

Tell me again why Bama would be the champion?

One side note – if you’re wondering why nearly every voice at ESPN is united in proposing the single argument that there IS no argument on who should be playing LSU… If you’re wondering how a network that usually encourages us to debate every possible nuance of CFB has now for two weeks been unified in selling us a single message, I remind you of this little ditty:

The Entertainment and Sports Programming Network recently paid $2.25 billion, that’s with a B, for broadcasting rights to the SEC for 15 years…AND ESPN now owns the broadcasting rights for our sports’ BCS Championship game as well.

Yes, ESPN has its fingers in nearly every conference, but nothing to the scale it has invested with the SEC. That's a lot of motivation to support the LSU/Bama brands... in a neck and neck situation, especially. Somebody bang a gavel and keep it in the family."

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Just checked Mr. Sagarin's updated data, OSU moved up some on Bama, but still has Alabama #2

Who the hell is Russ Mitchell anyway?
    He's just a columnist.

Just like us in a way

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Doesnt matter if they deserve a rematch - It will be LSU/Bama for the BCS Championship - Newest Polls top 2 have not changed

If Harris comes out unchanged then it will be official

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

^
    Like it should be

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Just checked Mr. Sagarin's updated data, OSU moved up some on Bama, but still has Alabama #2

Who the hell is Russ Mitchell anyway?
    He's just a columnist.

Just like us in a way
    He is an SEC columnist.... openly admits that the SEC was not its normal dominant self this year.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Mo better blues View Post
    Alabama's only lose is to the #1 team in the country by 3 in OT. Their best win is against the #8 team in the country in Arkansas. Now Oklahoma State...their best win is against #11 Kansas State...their worst loss...unranked Iowa State. Stanford...they lose to Oregon and arent conference champions...that kills the whole "you must be a conference champion to play in the national" talk. So if we keep going down the line...it may be that people want to see LSU vs. Houston....just so long as Alabama doesnt get another chance. Ridiculous.

what will it prove if Bama wins? season series will be 1-1. What about the watered down schedule and Georgia Southern. What a fukkin joke

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    what will it prove if Bama wins? season series will be 1-1. What about the watered down schedule and Georgia Southern. What a fukkin joke
    3 things...

1. i am rooting for a 9-6 alabama win in ot, and a win by ostate over stanford. i am anti-bcs, and that would spell revolt against the system by the majority of college football fans. not because bama would be unworthy of being called champions...but because it would expose what many choose to ignore. this is a system that is not capable of always answering without a doubt who are the best 2 teams in college football. the main cry against a playoff is it would make the regular season games meaningless. if bama wins the national championship in a close game, game 1 means nothing at all. think about that...the "game of the century" had no meaning at all. playoff time...there is a month in between the last game of the season and the nc game. if they keep pushing it back all the time, we will soon have the nc game in feb sometime soon...lol. don't tell me there is no time. someone needs to design the system and earn all that $$$ that comes with it...instead of us letting these bcs crooks steal it all for doing NOTHING.

2. i think bama and lsu are prolly the best 2 teams in the country...tho i feel the conferences should be measured against each other every single year in bowls. i am sorry to say this, but bama and lsu were the sec this year. some others good...but there is a large gap between the top 2 in that conference and the other 10. what a shame we don't get to see them compete against the big 12 or big 10...or whoever. that is part of the joy in bowl time...and these crooks have stolen it.

3. so proud of my boys for taking down the big 12. the fact that ostate\stanford is the "gem" of the bcs bowls according to what i have read, it speaks loudly about where our program is headed. i remember sitting in that stadium while we played nebraska and mizzou and such, and me and my friends would have an entire section to ourselves. so many times i would be right there hanging over the edge as the players came out to play, so close i could hear what they were talking about...because there was nobody there. i couldn't even get bedlam tickets this season...lol. we have 2 incredible qbs in waiting, a young rb who may be better than what we have starting, and wrs all over the nation considering ostate as a top option now. program seems to be building towards being one of the elite programs, and i feel it is here to stay a while. not being in the nc is not so bad. besides...the girls are prettier in arizona anyways...lol. looking foward to it.

LET IT GO AND GIVE THE BAMA KIDS THE RESPECT THEY DESERVE!!!

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    It proves there the national champion. Who gives a shit about there schedule, there number 2 in every single poll, you guys need to stop crying.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quality post, sandman. The book Ecclesiastes says it best about the ways of this world. "But money is the answer for everything."

The BCS is about corruption and greed, simple as that. Bama is the correct choice under this garbage system, but your boys deserved a chance that they were robbed of, solely because of the Almighty Dollar.

Sam Odom

The BCS is about corruption and greed, simple as that. Bama is the correct choice under this garbage system, but your boys deserved a chance that they were robbed of, solely because of the Almighty Dollar.

What was the corruption in their lost to Iowa State ? You know , that is the bottomline! They win and it is a slam-dunk for OSU/LSU game

And... Too many people want to change the BCS rules 3/4 of the way through the season. It is what it is.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    What was the corruption in their lost to Iowa State ? You know , that is the bottomline! They win and it is a slam-dunk for OSU/LSU game

And... Too many people want to change the BCS rules 3/4 of the way through the season. It is what it is.

do you even know what it is bro? do you know that 5 of the 6 computer formulas are secret, and not even the bcs knows if the results are real? do you know that an sec coach was quoted as saying they know nothing about the other teams and he doesn't even know why they vote? do you know that many of the coaches don't even fill out their own ballots? do you know that most of the harris poll voters have direct ties to certain schools and often show bias, and many times don't even vote. do you know that it was proven last season a lot of data wasn't entered correctly in the one bcs formula they do know, and 4 of the teams would have had different positions in the final poll because of it? it is a sham bro...based on bullshit...designed for one purpose...$$$. congrat's to bama. they deserve to go play for it. this system needs to go tho man...and if this is an opportunity to do it, people need to be shown what it is.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...ark&id=3375723 here is a link to the meeting in 2008 showing the SEC wanting a plus 1. Big 12, Pac 10, Big East voted it down. So now they get what they deserve.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Hey man, I'm a Bama fan! I definitely feel the Tide were more deserving.

The corruption comes when every sport in history has a playoff, but a playoff here would "cause kids to miss too much class time." But only if you're Division 1A. Div 1AA, 2, and 3 can have a playoff but Division 1A it's not feasible.
    Last edited by Albert Pujols; 12-04-11 at 10:51 PM.

zsr

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...ark&id=3375723 here is a link to the meeting in 2008 showing the SEC wanting a plus 1. Big 12, Pac 10, Big East voted it down. So now they get what they deserve.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post

do you even know what it is bro? do you know that 5 of the 6 computer formulas are secret, and not even the bcs knows if the results are real? do you know that an sec coach was quoted as saying they know nothing about the other teams and he doesn't even know why they vote? do you know that many of the coaches don't even fill out their own ballots? do you know that most of the harris poll voters have direct ties to certain schools and often show bias, and many times don't even vote. do you know that it was proven last season a lot of data wasn't entered correctly in the one bcs formula they do know, and 4 of the teams would have had different positions in the final poll because of it? it is a sham bro...based on bullshit...designed for one purpose...$$$. congrat's to bama. they deserve to go play for it. this system needs to go tho man...and if this is an opportunity to do it, people need to be shown what it is.

you never give up If OSU beats Iowa State nothing would have prevented a LSU/OSU game

Your boys choked , period! (dont take it personally happens to a lot of fans)

Sam Odom

Hey man, I'm a Bama fan! I definitely feel the Tide were more deserving.

I know you are and yes Bama is more deserving BECAUSE they finished the reg season #2

sandman0713

you never give up If OSU beats Iowa State nothing would have prevented a LSU/OSU game

Your boys choked , period! (dont take it personally happens to a lot of fans)
    you just don't get it bro. how can you not read when i say bama deserves it just as much as anyone? you have admitted the system is screwed tho with your points all week. you say hands down bama is the 2nd best team in the land. if ostate had not lost to iowa state...according to you the best 2 teams in the nation would not be playing in the nc. so yes, ostate did lose...and bama gets to play lsu again. to argue whether bama deserves it and to argue whether the system is flawed are 2 completely different things. some of the people on this site make bama fans look very bad. can you not show a little class man? i have tried not to say a single negative thing about the bama team since the results came out...but all you guys know are insults.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    you just don't get it bro. how can you not read when i say bama deserves it just as much as anyone? you have admitted the system is screwed tho with your points all week. you say hands down bama is the 2nd best team in the land. if ostate had not lost to iowa state...according to you the best 2 teams in the nation would not be playing in the nc. so yes, ostate did lose...and bama gets to play lsu again. to argue whether bama deserves it and to argue whether the system is flawed are 2 completely different things. some of the people on this site make bama fans look very bad. can you not show a little class man? i have tried not to say a single negative thing about the bama team since the results came out...but all you guys know are insults.
    Did you read the link the guy above posted? The system is flawed because of conferences like the Big 12, not the SEC.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

you should read this link before you post. Be informed.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Bama's opponent win loss record 84-61, OKst opponents win loss record 81-63......equals .0009 in the poll

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i think Oklahoma State deserves it. Only 1 loss and they havent had a chance to play LSU yet. The Big 12 is a respectable conference. That is ofcourse if Oklahoma state beats Oklahoma on Saturday.

But it is a flawed system, i'm not saying Alabama isn't the 2nd best team in the nation they might be, I just think that another 1 loss team should get a chance Alabama already had their chance. I'd like to see the top 16 teams in a single elmination playoff. They could still use the names Orange , Fiesta, Sugar, and Rose for some of the games.
    this is all I hear , they had their chance -its not a compelling complaint - OSU backers not once are stating they are better than Bama - just that Bama already had their chance - well its 1 against 2 not its little brothers turn now , survival of the fittest when its last one standing .........they dont need a playoff as Stanford did not deserve a chance - where will it stop - 4 then 8 then 12 - team play off -

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by Fed_42420 View Post
    LSU would demolish any other team in the country. You could probably put 3 or 4 teams together and LSU still demolishes them. You have to go Alabama, they are the 2nd best team. Id rather watch them again than watch LSU beat the shit out of anyone else.

I agree with this. LSU beats Oklahoma State by 40. They'd beat a PAC 12 All-Star team and it wouldn't be close. It's real simple, only chance someone has of beating LSU is another SEC team.

You SEC haters should look at the bright side. At least this year the SEC is going to lose a national championship game. LOL! Finally!

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by LINE-crush-ER View Post
    this is all I hear , they had their chance -its not a compelling complaint - OSU backers not once are stating they are better than Bama - just that Bama already had their chance - well its 1 against 2 not its little brothers turn now , survival of the fittest when its last one standing .........they dont need a playoff as Stanford did not deserve a chance - where will it stop - 4 then 8 then 12 - team play off -

OSU doesn't get a chance because they lost to a 28 point dog. If you can't beat Iowa State you damned sure don't belong in the championship game.

Alabama does have 1 loss as well, it was a 1 or 2 point loss to the best team of this century. If anyone has a chance in this game it will be Alabama.

If Oklahoma State had beaten Iowa State they would have had a case. They would have been in this game instead of crying about being left out. They didn't though.

The end.

First ... 4567