seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Why give bama two chances to fail instead of giving someone else a chance to succeed?

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i think Oklahoma State deserves it. Only 1 loss and they havent had a chance to play LSU yet. The Big 12 is a respectable conference. That is ofcourse if Oklahoma state beats Oklahoma on Saturday.

But it is a flawed system, i'm not saying Alabama isn't the 2nd best team in the nation they might be, I just think that another 1 loss team should get a chance Alabama already had their chance. I'd like to see the top 16 teams in a single elmination playoff. They could still use the names Orange , Fiesta, Sugar, and Rose for some of the games.
    Oklahoma State is a Fukking JOKE!!! Stanford has a better argument than the Oklahoma State Cowshits!

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Alabama should be there
    LSU Fan and he admits Alabama should play

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    They're solid pretty much all around except the passing game

And it would be all the sweeter to beat them again and pour salt into Saban wounds to get beat by Les Miles twice in the same season and 3 times in a row.

Here's the deal... Bama can play head to head against LSU offense and defense. But LSU wins in all 3 phases of the kicking game which are huge in big games as was proven Nov 5th LSU punter is the best in the country, kick off guy booms the ball deep and make FG's when needed. I also think LSU special teams in general are better than Alabama.

But as you know, rather it is fair are not Alabama is the only team that might beat LSU.. I don't think they will, but they could...No other team could play on the same field with LSU for 60 minutes. LSU has too many play makers and too much depth.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Ok State coach even knows it.......

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...s-title-game/1

End of story

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    how could you consider alabama the champs if lsu beat them already on there turf makes no sense not fair at all to lsu but they are most likely the 2nd best team id like to see va tech
    in NFL it is possible for 2 teams to play each other in the regular season and play again in the superbowl. Whoever wins Jan 8th is the BCS champion, When Bama wins I would love to see them play a tie-breaker 2 weeks later with the proceeds going to charity and the game deciding the national champ.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

I think it should be USC. They have the talent and athletes on both sides of the ball to compete with LSU. Also no team has been better the second half of the year and they havent already lost to lsu

Since all this is hypothetical bs. They are my choice

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

who else deserves it, plenty of teams had thier chance and failed. Boo Who.......

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

USC has to losses to weaker opponents.....sorry, next

antifoil
    Update your status

They are still a better choice than Bama because they haven't been beaten by lsu.
    Any of the 120 team yet to beat beaten by lsu is more deserving because they have yet to lose to them

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    They are still a better choice than Bama because they haven't been beaten by lsu.
    Any of the 120 team yet to beat beaten by lsu is more deserving because they have yet to lose to them
    Oh yes you are right, how can you say that. UCLA at 6-6 is playing for the pac-12 championship and the right to play in a BCS bowl.

antifoil
    Update your status

It's more comical you thing Alabama should have a mulligan.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

removed
    Last edited by sandman0713; 12-01-11 at 03:30 PM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

yes it blows, and the game will probably suck just as bad as the 1st game between bama and lsu did, but....

only alabama really has the case to play i the national title game as a 1-loss team..

yes they did have a shot and lost to lsu, but thats better than losing to iowa state and texas tech

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9436

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    yes it blows, and the game will probably suck just as bad as the 1st game between bama and lsu did, but....

only alabama really has the case to play i the national title game as a 1-loss team..

yes they did have a shot and lost to lsu, but thats better than losing to iowa state and texas tech
    Ok St lost to TT?

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    removed

You removed the content.. i saw it and thought it was funny. You are a morally upstanding citizen for chastizing me over some insensitive remarks I made and then removing your own insensitive material. First I just thought you was a hypocrite... A funny one nonetheless... I hope you feel better.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i was mentioning games 1 loss schools had...i never said okl. st. lost to TT, or didnt mean it to sound that way

but losing to iowa state is MUCH worst than losing to tt

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

We really need a playoff. All the fans and players are cheated out of something great every year. There is no way to actually know who the best teams are. I'd have to say it looks like Bama is the second best team though. They would certainly be favorites over any of the other teams in the mix for the other spot on a neutral field. For that matter they will probably be favored over LSU too since they pretty much controlled the first game except for field goal kicking.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MatchbookSucks View Post
    We really need a playoff. All the fans and players are cheated out of something great every year. There is no way to actually know who the best teams are. I'd have to say it looks like Bama is the second best team though. They would certainly be favorites over any of the other teams in the mix for the other spot on a neutral field. For that matter they will probably be favored over LSU too since they pretty much controlled the first game except for field goal kicking.
    totally agree

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    You removed the content.. i saw it and thought it was funny. You are a morally upstanding citizen for chastizing me over some insensitive remarks I made and then removing your own insensitive material. First I just thought you was a hypocrite... A funny one nonetheless... I hope you feel better.

i wasn't worried about offending you bro...lol. there are some people in here who would be bothered by it tho, and they should not be grouped in that way with a few wacko fans. it is just football at the end of the day, and there are so many more important things. that shit was funny tho man, and i worked like 10 minutes on it...lol.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by goldendome23 View Post
    You lose at home while scoring 6 points and your best non-conference win is against the 4th best Big 10 team. You don't win your division, don't have to play in a conference championship game and your prize is a spot in the national title game. If there wasn't a bigger reason for a playoff, there never will be.
    4th best team in the BIG TEN??? Try the 5th or perhaps 6th best team...

1. Wisconsin
    2. Michigan State
    3. Michigan
    4. Nebraska

Penn State beat Ohio State but I would guess if OSU had a coach with half a brain (which they will now) they would beat PSU 7 out or 10 games...

The fact of the matter is... everyone is going off the SEC's past history and the two programs history (LSU and Bama)....

When you look deep into it Bama while excellent on defense is very average on offense and frankly they SEC was damn near attrocious this year... Florida, Miss St, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Auburn, Vandy, South Carolina (post Marcus L) and Tennessee might have all finished in the or lower half of the Big 12 this year... There was NO GAUNTLET to run in the SEC this year... it was soft, soft, soft.

The best out of conference wins this year (save Oregon) were against West Virginia, Texas A&M and Penn State... West Virginia may lose the Big East to Louisville... a team that lost to FIU and Marshall at home...

This is the same West Virginia that put up over 500 yards of offense on LSU.... had it not been for 4 stupid and preventable turnovers (yes I know it takes skill to take the ball away) that was a ball game the whole way...

As for Arkansas' win over A&M... they were beaten down the entire game and then the Aggies puked the game up for the Hogs in the 4th Q...

All I am saying is... there is really no data from this season that tells us that the SEC deserves both teams in the game, other years perhaps but not this one... The game would be much better if Oklahoma State was in it against LSU...

Also.... watch for LSU to slip up this weekend... everyone is already telling them that they are in the game win or lose... UGA can move the ball and has been rock solid on D since game 3...

of the 3 actual offenses that LSU played this year all of them moved the ball on them... they just coughed the ball up a the worst moments... don't be shocked if UGA keeps this close...

Also... just because my name is HOTLANTA... don't think I have any affiliation with the Dawgs... I am a midwestern boy through and through...

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

i was mentioning games 1 loss schools had...i never said okl. st. lost to TT, or didnt mean it to sound that way

but losing to iowa state is MUCH worst than losing to tt
    Losing to Iowa State on a FG that was called no good but could have easily been called good by other officials as it went directly over the goalpost and was a judgement call not to mention on the same day that the team learned that 2 people in their athletic department died in a plane crash...

What does it accomplish if Bama wins? What does LSU think? They would have beaten them on their home field but lose in the game that really mattered? Sorry but they all matter...

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post

1. Wisconsin
    2. Michigan State
    3. Michigan
    4. Nebraska

Penn State beat Ohio State but I would guess if OSU had a coach with half a brain (which they will now) they would beat PSU 7 out or 10 games...

The fact of the matter is... everyone is going off the SEC's past history and the two programs history (LSU and Bama)....

When you look deep into it Bama while excellent on defense is very average on offense and frankly they SEC was damn near attrocious this year... Florida, Miss St, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Auburn, Vandy, South Carolina (post Marcus L) and Tennessee might have all finished in the or lower half of the Big 12 this year... There was NO GAUNTLET to run in the SEC this year... it was soft, soft, soft.

The best out of conference wins this year (save Oregon) were against West Virginia, Texas A&M and Penn State... West Virginia may lose the Big East to Louisville... a team that lost to FIU and Marshall at home...

This is the same West Virginia that put up over 500 yards of offense on LSU.... had it not been for 4 stupid and preventable turnovers (yes I know it takes skill to take the ball away) that was a ball game the whole way...

As for Arkansas' win over A&M... they were beaten down the entire game and then the Aggies puked the game up for the Hogs in the 4th Q...

All I am saying is... there is really no data from this season that tells us that the SEC deserves both teams in the game, other years perhaps but not this one... The game would be much better if Oklahoma State was in it against LSU...

Also.... watch for LSU to slip up this weekend... everyone is already telling them that they are in the game win or lose... UGA can move the ball and has been rock solid on D since game 3...

of the 3 actual offenses that LSU played this year all of them moved the ball on them... they just coughed the ball up a the worst moments... don't be shocked if UGA keeps this close...

Also... just because my name is HOTLANTA... don't think I have any affiliation with the Dawgs... I am a midwestern boy through and through...
    in all fairness man...i don't think it is right to take away from what bama has done this year. they lost 1 game. bama fans in here have been terrible, and have really bashed the other schools in the mix and said stupid things. i fell into this fight this week and starting shooting back at bama...but it is not right. truth of the matter is all the one loss teams and houston can make a gripe about the system. there are a lot of really stupid people in this forum that will come in after this and say something stupid, or something hateful about one of the other teams...but you have to remember they don't represent the majority of bama fans or sec fans, and they for sure don't represent the good kids on the bama team. all of those kids have seen tragedy as well recently...and it should not be used in a debate about a football game that matters so little in comparison. this entire debate has opened my eyes to the corrupt bcs system, and what is happening to college athletics. it has started to take away some of my love for the game i have loved since i could walk. not because ostate won't be in the nc if they win bedlam...but because in reading up to make good points in this debate i have learned what a horrible and corrupt system is controlling this game, and what kind of filthy crooks are cashing in on the efforts of these kids. may sound dramatic or whatever...but fans really need to open their eyes to what is happening. i no longer think i even give a shit who plays in the nc game...because people somewhere will be able to debate the champion no matter who it is. there is really no right or fair answer as to who should play for it, other than lsu...only a lot of loudmouths thinking their opinion matters more than others. i say gl to whoever plays in the game, because i know there will be plenty of good kids on each team who do deserve it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: xbhessx

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    how could you consider alabama the champs if lsu beat them already on there turf makes no sense not fair at all to lsu but they are most likely the 2nd best team id like to see va tech
    Do you know the meaning of a championship game?

davidabott
    davidabott's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 973

What's up with everybody saying LSU is a top pick for that game. If I was a capper Alabama plus points would be my Game of the Decade. Alabama completely outplayed this so called greatest team ever, just had some very bad breaks. Saban will not lose twice. MARK MY WORDS.

On January 9th come back to ths post and thank me for the winner.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post

1. Wisconsin
    2. Michigan State
    3. Michigan
    4. Nebraska

Once again sound and furry signifying nothing......atrocious what? The SEC has 5 teams with 10 win seasons, 3 teams in the top 10, 5 in the top 20. Not to bad for a terrible conference. But all the haters such as yourself will finaly get your wish. When LSU and Bama play for it all, an SEC school will lose a BCS championship

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

too bad SEC makes every other confrence look like a high school, but get over it

i dont want to see bama vs lsu again either, but if u dont know that those 2 teams are the best 2 teams in the country i would question your football knowledge

yeah it stinks, but those are the facts

Mo better blues
    Mo better blues's Avatar Become A Pro!

The argument that Alabama lost at home will be moot if Alabama beats LSU in the National in New Orleans...that is a home game for LSU basically...is it not?

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    Once again sound and furry signifying nothing......atrocious what? The SEC has 5 teams with 10 win seasons, 3 teams in the top 10, 5 in the top 20. Not to bad for a terrible conference. But all the haters such as yourself will finaly get your wish. When LSU and Bama play for it all, an SEC school will lose a BCS championship
    Again... who did they beat out of conference...

South Carolina beat a Clemson team that quit, LSU beat WVU team that is gacking away the Big East tonight and that WVU team put up 500+ yards on them...

Arkansas was gifted a game vs A&M who finished 6th in the Big 12

Alabama sluggishly beat Penn State who was the 5th best team in the Big Ten at best...

Provide me one marquis win from a team other than LSU...

Boise hammered Georgia, Florida State had under 100 yards of offense and still beat Florida by 14 pts... Auburn needed an onside kick miracle to beat Utah State....

I live in SEC country and I know the teams as well as you can know them objectively... the fact of the matter is the Big 12 was a far better and tougher conference this year...

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

big 12 wouldnt stand a chance against bama or lsu

easy to look good when 0 teams in that confrence have a defense 1/2 as good as bama or lsu does

theres a reason the SEC wins every national titale and dominates the bcs bowls

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

big 12 wouldnt stand a chance against bama or lsu

easy to look good when 0 teams in that confrence have a defense 1/2 as good as bama or lsu does

theres a reason the SEC wins every national titale and dominates the bcs bowls
    Yeah Utah stood no chance against that huge Bama defense... I still recall Mount Cody sucking wind....

Nobody said the SEC has not been awesome in years past but the gulf in class is not as big as you SEC homers think..

Good offenses moved the ball on them this year... the problem was because the SEC offenses on a whole were so poor this year that the numbers were skewed

Oregon and West Virginia combined for 900+ yards against LSU

Ga Southern rushed for over 300 yards against Bama...

SEC offenses just sucked this year...

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

bottom line is the 2 best teams in the country will play

im no fan of either and would like a better matchup than 1 ive already watched, but....

nobody in big12 makes a better statement than bama...period

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    who else deserves it, plenty of teams had thier chance and failed. Boo Who.......
    The epitome of homerism... Bama failed at home...

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

bottom line is the 2 best teams in the country will play

im no fan of either and would like a better matchup than 1 ive already watched, but....

nobody in big12 makes a better statement than bama...period
    How can you know if Bama is the 2nd best team? They had to play 2 real games this year... and lost one of them at home...

Have you actually studied the SEC? Take LSU, Ark and Bama out and evaluate the conference.... you cant claim UGA greatness because Boise treated them like rag dolls, you can't claim South Carolina because they are above average at best without Lattimore...

Kentucky, Tennessee, Vandy, Ole Miss, Florida, Miss St and Auburn.... would all have finished in the bottom 4 in the Big 12 this year...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Alabama is obviously the 2nd best team overall, so what's the issue here?

The ONLY other team that has a case is Houston......Other than that, every other 1 loss team has a worse loss......Bama lost to LSU in OT

Why should Bama be penalized for losing to a better team than say Ok State or VT? Just because they "had their shot"?? No. Doesn't work like that

BCS sucks, but the main idea is to get the 2 best teams in the nation to play for the title, and that's what we're getting.

ranman92
    ranman92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

Ill say they are the best 2, but bama lost at HOME, at NIGHT, and arent even in their conf championship game. Actually id love georgia to be sec champs to show what a joke college football is. Where 2 teams that werent even there own conference champs played in the title game. I really think u should have to be conf champs to make that game. The systems a joke, oregon made a few terrible plays or they beat lsu there needs 2 be a playoff and even though I know bama is 2nd best team, their inability to win their own conference means they shouldnt be in the title game.

First 12345 ... Last