The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Mike Leach will do well at Wash St

It's a great hire for them: weird guy going way up in the corner of the US, soft defenses, only 3 or 4 teams worth a shit, desperate fans base, instantly increases ticket sales & donations, AD was wanting flashy offense,etc. I may watch more Pac 10 games next year.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is a great fit... Got some QB's with upside and good to great receivers. That one kid is one of the best in the country.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

The production he gets from his QB's make the Chip Kellys/Gus Mahlzans/Dana Holgersens all look like wannabes.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Washington St will be good in a few years

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Washington St will be good in a few years
    should contend in 2 or 3 years at most just with increased offensive production alone

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think they jumped in before UCLA had a shot to get him. UCLA needs to make a smart hire. Their football program is crapola.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11654

Maryland should have taken him last year, he supposedly wanted the job.

Good for Washington State, but I would much rather have seen him at UCLA - he would have given the Trojans fits. Come to think of it, as far as major conferences go, he couldn't be playing in a further backwater. Wish he could have hit the ground running at a major program.

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Great coach

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16233

nice selection for wash st, ucla penn st should have looked at him, unless petersen is already ucla bound after the bowls

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I can tell you the fans at U of Kansas are livid...there was a clear understanding that he was the No 1 target by the fans, and when this word got out today the local sports radio psycho's were on the warpath with the Jayhawk AD. They seemed to never get a shot at Leach either because they administration was slow with the search, or Leach got an offer he couldn't refuse. Rumors were that Jayhawks were going to offer 2.2 million a year, so Washington St must of really wowed him with cash.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Mike Leach will do well wherever he goes. He's a top notch coach.

He's also big friends with the owner of Under Armour....so I foresee some killer uni's for Wash St very soon!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I can tell you the fans at U of Kansas are livid...there was a clear understanding that he was the No 1 target by the fans, and when this word got out today the local sports radio psycho's were on the warpath with the Jayhawk AD. They seemed to never get a shot at Leach either because they administration was slow with the search, or Leach got an offer he couldn't refuse. Rumors were that Jayhawks were going to offer 2.2 million a year, so Washington St must of really wowed him with cash.
    I was told 5 year deal and it would make him 3rd highest in Pac 12.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think they jumped in before UCLA had a shot to get him. UCLA needs to make a smart hire. Their football program is crapola.
    They are going after Sumlin.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    I was told 5 year deal and it would make him 3rd highest in Pac 12.
    The Jayhawks are licking their wounds....the prior AD signed Turner Gill to a guaranteed contract and the school is on the hook for $6 million within 90 days...what a deal. Now the rumors are Jim Leavitt is also a target since he's a Kansas guy...but Kansas football is in brutal shape and the fans have a myopic view of how good of a job it is. Whoever takes it has a long road ahead.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post

The Jayhawks are licking their wounds....the prior AD signed Turner Gill to a guaranteed contract and the school is on the hook for $6 million within 90 days...what a deal. Now the rumors are Jim Leavitt is also a target since he's a Kansas guy...but Kansas football is in brutal shape and the fans have a myopic view of how good of a job it is. Whoever takes it has a long road ahead.
    Leavitt might be the guy. He did it from scratch at S. Florida.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

SUCH BULLSHIT!!!

i wanted the pirate to come to champaign!

i want a real head coach, and leach would have created a monster at illinois that woulda whipped urban's ass at THE ohio state