dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    NFL players don't play for their coaches dlunc. The only time I've ever see that happen is if a tragedy happened to a coach.
    ive seen it both ways... but a respected coach like andy, and all he has done for this franchise... gotta believe they have his back... Earlier this year the eagles rookie center got in an altercation with a fan bc he had a fire andy sign outside of a practice..Kelce got out of his car and removed the sign out of respect for his coach... you dont see that kind of thing often..

bottom line is... both teams have been shit this year... the seahawks have no talent... the eagles have talent..
    both teams suck right now, but the eagles have pride to play for, and I am willing to put my money on the team with talent playing for pride..

Just curious, what leans you in the favor of seattle?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thing about Lynch is that he runs hard and is tough to bring down. If you've watched the Eagles this year then you know they have struggled to do one of the most fundamental things in football: tackle.
    I've actually watched 4 of their last 5 games. I missed the Arizona game, and that was obviously the most disappointing of the five for the Eagles, however seeing as Vick played most of that game with broken ribs, it's not really fair to put full weight on that outcome. Of the other 4 games since their bye week, they torched the Cowboys, beat the Giants, and lost to the Bears and Pats, who were both playing very high level football. They were outclassed in both games as Cutler and Brady, two of the most accurate and strongest passers in the NFL, made big plays to win the games for their respective clubs.

No one is suggesting that Philadelphia is an elite team this year, but I think you really need to put their first 6 games aside when you're talking about what shape they're in right now. The strength of their opponents is very relevant, and getting beaten by a superior opponent doesn't mean they're done for the season (obviously they're out of the playoffs, but that's not the same thing).

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Yes, philly looked brutal last week and got smacked around by Brady and what may be the NFLs 2nd best team... but other then that, they have had 4th quarter leads in 9 out of 10 games this season (with a last minute chance to win the 10th)... Jackson hasnt put together a 4th quarter come back since 2008.. and I find it very hard to see him doing so in a game with no legit weapons to work with tomorrow night, while also injured.. if it comes down to that..

ill give you the flight across country on a short week def could come into play... but other then that, i dont see any reason to lean seattle,..

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    This pretty much made my decision right here....

to go with the Eagles.

First Detroit, now Seattle....Lakerboy, you are in for a rough week. But you are getting used to that lately.

i havent bet seattle. you are gonna feel real dumb when the lions cover. look at the ml movement

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

not sure on this one. andy reid is still a great coach, and he knows how to rally the troops. turn-overs have killed this team lately, they looked great vs the giants, but they got dominated by the pats. the pats have one of the best passing games in the nfl, so its very easy to be down on the eagles right now.
    i don't think its that easy of a bet to just lay on the seahawks, and think the eagles will just fold.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

I worry that the Eagles will quit. They blew it, and they know it. Dream Team, my ass. Going to Seattle, for what???
    Will they fight for 60 minutes after their 7th loss, virtually eliminated, without 3, maybe 4 or 5 KEY players? DeShaun Jackson is whining about his salary, got benched, creating dissention.
    Seattle's O is pathetic, but I think Seattle plays for 60 minutes here and wins ugly, newer coach trying to build something vs great but long term coach whose TEAM failed this yr and are folding.
    So I say Seattle + 3.

gamble9-5
    gamble9-5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by my6sen View Post
    i think over this game better bet here
    fade

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post

I've actually watched 4 of their last 5 games. I missed the Arizona game, and that was obviously the most disappointing of the five for the Eagles, however seeing as Vick played most of that game with broken ribs, it's not really fair to put full weight on that outcome. Of the other 4 games since their bye week, they torched the Cowboys, beat the Giants, and lost to the Bears and Pats, who were both playing very high level football. They were outclassed in both games as Cutler and Brady, two of the most accurate and strongest passers in the NFL, made big plays to win the games for their respective clubs.

No one is suggesting that Philadelphia is an elite team this year, but I think you really need to put their first 6 games aside when you're talking about what shape they're in right now. The strength of their opponents is very relevant, and getting beaten by a superior opponent doesn't mean they're done for the season (obviously they're out of the playoffs, but that's not the same thing).
    You are what you are in the NFL. After 11 games, there's no way of hiding it. The Eagles aren't a very good football team.

RAVENSFAN
    RAVENSFAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

All I hear is "Wins a ugly one" , "24-17" , "24-10" etc etc. Every argument and thought in here points to an easy U44....just slam the under, sit back and enjoy the punt fest lol.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    The key to this game is pride. As dysfunctional as this team has been, everyone of those players still has pride. There is a love for their coach in that locker room, and they will be fighting for him as they all heard the fans chant "fire andy" this past week. On top of that, esp for djax, as much as this team could give up right now, they are being labeled as soft. That might be the last thing an nfl player wants to be labeled as... I personally feel you see a fired up philly team come out to play tomorrow night.
    What?!?!?

Where in the f\*\*k has their "pride" been all season long?

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol at the eagles having pride. This is the most selfish team in the league, don't care about anyone else besides themselves. True homer talk right there, dlunc. Fired up Philly team 4-7

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

seattle or no play @+3

snakemeron91
    snakemeron91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be rude not to go SEA ML

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

hammered seattle

suicidekings
    Update your status

You are what you are in the NFL. After 11 games, there's no way of hiding it. The Eagles aren't a very good football team.
    OK. No one is hiding anything. The data is all out there, but it's about interpretation. I still rank the Eagles as the #11 team in the league (Seattle is #20 in my rankings), and that has nothing to do with W-L record (which is irrelevant to their future performance). Seven of the Eagles eleven games were decided by one possession and they went 2-5 in those games. With turnovers affecting the game as they do, and considering they led going into the 4Q of many of these games, how much better do you think you would rate them if they had gotten a couple more lucky bounces and gone 5-2 instead in these games? Would they be a dramatically better team if they were 7-4? You'd for sure be laying more than -3 in this game on the difference of a couple of interceptions or fumbles. The difference between 4-7 and 7-4 is SO small, and over a larger sample size, they would assuredly be winning those one possession games around 50% of the time instead of 28%.

For me the bare power rankings yield at 8 point difference and roughly a -5 game line in Seattle. If you like Seattle at +3, what do you think the true line for this game should be?

jimmyeatworld
    jimmyeatworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

OK. No one is hiding anything. The data is all out there, but it's about interpretation. I still rank the Eagles as the #11 team in the league (Seattle is #20 in my rankings), and that has nothing to do with W-L record (which is irrelevant to their future performance). Seven of the Eagles eleven games were decided by one possession and they went 2-5 in those games. With turnovers affecting the game as they do, and considering they led going into the 4Q of many of these games, how much better do you think you would rate them if they had gotten a couple more lucky bounces and gone 5-2 instead in these games? Would they be a dramatically better team if they were 7-4? You'd for sure be laying more than -3 in this game on the difference of a couple of interceptions or fumbles. The difference between 4-7 and 7-4 is SO small, and over a larger sample size, they would assuredly be winning those one possession games around 50% of the time instead of 28%.

For me the bare power rankings yield at 8 point difference and roughly a -5 game line in Seattle. If you like Seattle at +3, what do you think the true line for this game should be?
    your rankings have them at -5 even with Vince Young at QB and the distinct possibility they will have mailed in the season since their playoff hopes are gone?

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

underunderunderunder

zsr

I'm assuming you also have them ranked higher than Arizona, Buffalo, Etc. What are they 4-7 ats right? This team is impossible to predict, and very likely they have thrown in the towel.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

The Eagles are gutless and heartless. The difference between being 7-4 and 4-7 is chemistry, which they don't have. They don't do any of the little things right. Now that they're out of the playoff picture for all intents and purposes, that's suddenly going to change? I'm not buying it.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyeatworld View Post
    your rankings have them at -5 even with Vince Young at QB and the distinct possibility they will have mailed in the season since their playoff hopes are gone?
    How much of a difference do you REALLY think there is between Vick and Young on the field? Their yards per pass attempt are similar. Vick is more mobile, but has also fumbled the ball 8 times this year to VY's zero. Their TD-Int ratios are 11-11 vs 3-5. Vick's DVOA is 9.1% compared to Young's 8.7% (DVOA = Defense-Adjusted Value Over Average). Vick is better, but the margin is not large in terms of net impact on the Eagles.

jimmyeatworld

How much of a difference do you REALLY think there is between Vick and Young on the field? Their yards per pass attempt are similar. Vick is more mobile, but has also fumbled the ball 8 times this year to VY's zero. Their TD-Int ratios are 11-11 vs 3-5. Vick's DVOA is 9.1% compared to Young's 8.7% (DVOA = Defense-Adjusted Value Over Average). Vick is better, but the margin is not large in terms of net impact on the Eagles.

how can you cite stats like that like they mean anything when the majority of Young's positive statistical contributions in that Patriots game came when the game was already wrapped up and the Pats were sitting around in a prevent allowing him to throw 15 yard outs with tons of cushion?

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    I'm assuming you also have them ranked higher than Arizona, Buffalo, Etc. What are they 4-7 ats right? This team is impossible to predict, and very likely they have thrown in the towel.
    This statement contradicts itself...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyeatworld View Post
    how can you cite stats like that like they mean anything when the majority of Young's positive statistical contributions in that Patriots game came when the game was already wrapped up and the Pats were sitting around in a prevent allowing him to throw 15 yard outs with tons of cushion?
    The most relevant point was the ball-handling. Funny thing is, when Vick was in there everyone was hating on him, and now that he's hurt everyone is hating on Young. As a passer, Vick has been good in some ways, but the interceptions and fumbles in key moments have had a bigger negative impact to the Eagles season than anything else. We're arguing about one QB that's going to turn over the ball versus another QB that's going to turn over the ball. The key to them winning regardless of who's at QB is not having those turnovers in the first place. Statistically, this team is good. TO Margin has made the difference.

I'm probably just going to quit arguing my case here. To me, it's pretty clear that the Eagles are a better team than their record indicates. I'm not trying to convince anyone to play a team they're not comfortable with, but I like them tomorrow, and we're only talking about a one unit play. I've written my thoughts on the game above and elsewhere for anyone that's interested. Good luck to all this weekend
    Last edited by suicidekings; 12-01-11 at 01:06 AM.

zsr

We'll just have to agree to disagree, I think there loses to Arizona and buffalo prove they are who there record says they are. I'll be on Seattle ML. Good luck.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

The Eagles are gutless and heartless. The difference between being 7-4 and 4-7 is chemistry, which they don't have. They don't do any of the little things right. Now that they're out of the playoff picture for all intents and purposes, that's suddenly going to change? I'm not buying it.
    Spot on. I guess people are going to stay on the eagles ship till it sinks, I thought it already did.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

many of vick's interceptions have come on tipped passes....vick is way better its not even up for debate. michael vick was 1 pass away from beating the packers in the playoffs last year. did we forget this? stats can be very misleading as you know. i'm scared to touch this game, but i want action on it. mccoy scares me from betting seattle.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    many of vick's interceptions have come on tipped passes....vick is way better its not even up for debate. michael vick was 1 pass away from beating the packers in the playoffs last year. did we forget this? stats can be very misleading as you know. i'm scared to touch this game, but i want action on it. mccoy scares me from betting seattle.
    Probably because he led his team to a resounding 3-5 this year. We all know quarterbacks are judged by wins, whether that's right or wrong thats the case. And all his fumbles obviously don't help.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

seattle is tough at home and pete caroll is the biggest scumbag on the planet..and thats why im leaning seattle..eagles are more talented even with the injuries but i think the fact that their season is fuccked cant be understated...they will try and show up to play hard but its going to lack that killer instinct as they are all lazy millionaires deep down..meanwhile scumbag pete caroll will sell out his first born and own mother for a win so knowing this it makes me like seattle.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I would think that the Over 4.5 sacks prop would work out nicely in this game. Jackson is going down no less than 3-4 times on his own and Young will probably get tagged 1-2 times. If you don't like that, play it live. I suspect that you'll be able to get more than +3 on a live line during the game.

And I wasn't referring to talent. I was talking about each player's net impact on the team this season. The turnovers and fumbles in key moments have had a dramatic impact on the Eagles' season. If we're talking about interceptions off tipped passes that's even more random and speaks even further to the original point that the Eagles have been a tough luck team this season. Their 4-7 record is not deserved. But wtv.

NickJ3
    NickJ3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

I took the seahawks +3 no doubt in my mind that they have what it takes to keep this game close. Vince Young is not a factor in this game at all. Nobody is affraid of his mobility in the pocket anymore. He doesn't use that strength in his game like he used to. His throwing was there but lets think about this in another way.

HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE

Everyone knows that Seattle is the hardest place to play in. Loud with the 12th man... i know what you are thinking... "no there are other places to play that are much more difficult".... and yeah i bet there may be in your eyes but they constantly draw the most false start penalties in all the stadiums in the NFL. And having a stadium that loud and having the fans on your back knowing that there team has a chance to win this game i can't see Seattle having any problem with moving the ball.

Nnamdi isn't a big factor HE IS NOT WHAT WE THOUGHT HE WAS... He comes to a new defense and has struggled this year in coverage. Seen him get beat numerous times and isn't as big of a factor as when he was on the raiders. Maybe next year.

Lynch will be a big factor in the Seattle game if he gets 2TD's and 100+ yards expect a victory from them IMO

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    What?!?!?

Where in the f\*\*k has their "pride" been all season long?

Hard to have any pride when your playing for one of the DUMBEST coaching staffs in the league. Players are smart, they won't sell out or buy in fully when they know the scheme is all wrong, and that's what you have in Philly right now.

A tired coach who's been with this team to long (1999) and made one of the dumbest D-coordinator hires in the history of the NFL. This game is either Seattle+3 or no play.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Phila can score much easier

No way do I trust Seattle

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

True Power Rankings have Eagles tied for #9 and Seattle tied for #26
    7 point difference with Vick and 5.5 with Young
    3 points for HFA and you have a true line of -2.5

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

phily is gonna make a run for the playoffs. when they lose tonight next week they will make another run for the playoffs. when the season ends they continue to make a run.

KegKosmo
    KegKosmo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1309

I think.the play here is 7 point teaser seahawks +10/under51

jimmyeatworld

any team that loses at home to John Skelton, as a general rule, should not be trusted again that season, but definitely not on the road on a short week.

First 1234 Last