Onefreedm1nd
    Onefreedm1nd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

If Urban Myer turns Braxton Miler into Tebow

I'm going to go jihad on OSU's asses

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

you can't turn anyone into tebow. Tebow is the chosen one.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    you can't turn anyone into tebow. Tebow is the chosen one.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Braxton Miller is a great athlete , just needs to learn how to put some touch his passes

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Another Tebow

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

another tebow would be an amazing thing for the buckeyes, we will be lucky if miller can play that good, i know im down on him but it was his first year. His low accuracy on wide open WRs has nothing to do with that though. Even the long ball he threw for a td on saturday was not a good throw, thankfully it was still caught.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

How was the TD pass bad on Saturday? That was just poor adjusting to the ball in the air by Philly Brown. I like that I saw him actually have some zip in the ball and he is way farther on in the throwing game than Pryor was.

brooks85

making a WR have to turn his body is a not a good thing. That is not the WRs job, its miller's job to be accurate, which he has shown he struggles with.

On top of that he missed 3 open WRs for TDS. 2 of them were streaking to the endzone and 1 of em was under thrown which is inexcusable. The other had the distance but was no where close to the WR.
    Last edited by brooks85; 11-28-11 at 05:45 PM.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

I think that Meyer will figure out the best way to use Miller. And for right now he is the best QB option OSU has. When Troy Smith first started at Ohio State he was a pretty sloppy QB too.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Braxton Miller is a great athlete , just needs to learn how to put some touch his passes

brooks85

<table id="tblFootballPropsGame" class="lines" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="auto"><tbody><tr class="linesSubHeader" valign="bottom"><td colspan="8"><small>Ohio State 2012 regular season wins - conference championships & bowl games do not apply</small></td></tr><tr class="linesRow" valign="bottom"><td>Sat 9/1</td><td> </td><td>17501 Ohio State total wins over 8½</td><td>
    </td><td><input id="editx" name="M1_147" size="4" maxlength="5"> -160 </td><td> </td><td> </td><td> </td></tr><tr class="linesRowBot" valign="top"><td>12:00PM </td><td> </td><td>17502 Ohio State total wins under 8½</td><td> </td><td><input id="editx" name="M2_147" size="4" maxlength="5"> +120 </td><td> </td></tr></tbody></table>

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

hes going to learn to drop back pass and then its miller time......watch when he gets the ball from center...he stands square to the line....then when he passes it takes him to much time to adust and its a horrible horrible motion

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Urban Meyer is going to do GREAT things at OSU. OSU fans should be happy this move has been made.

I wish Urban Meyer the best at OSU, good luck to him!

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Urban Meyer took a top tier athlete in Tebow and built an offense around him that fit his abilities. Most other coaches probably would have tried to convert him to another position. Braxton Miller has more passing ability than Tebow but just lacks consistency. One throw is a perfect 35 yard back shoulder pass to the sideline in tight coverage, and the next one overshoots his target by 10 yards.

Urban Meyer's style of spread offense is not contradictory to the style that OSU runs so the transition is not going to be severe. If Urban is smart he'll take advantage of the OSU playbook and introduce his own methods in tandem so as to make the transition as smooth as possible. There's no reason OSU shouldn't be back to a 9+ win team next year if they get a solid group of new recruits this year. I suspect Urban will come up huge in recruitment for them this year.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Even the long ball he threw for a td on saturday was not a good throw, thankfully it was still caught.
    Can you please explain to me why you think this was a bad throw?

brooks85

well it definitely wasn't as bad as i remember it, i thought the wr had to turn his shoulders but doesn't change anything about the throws he missed on saturday and all throughout the year. Funny how they dont make highlight videos of those.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Tebow throws like a girl. Braxton Miller already miles ahead in that department, and without the annoying Jesus freak schtick.

LP™
    LP™'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

He'll be greater than Tebow. He sacrifices his body just as much and is miles ahead of em just on pure throwing ability alone. Just needs to learn how to tuck the ball and mature as far as mental decisions go. Once that happens, all hell on the Big Ten and FBS period.