opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    I hate teams like Boise and Houston so much. They play a bunch of shit teams and then bitch about not getting respect.
    You can play four or five non-conference games, if you really want respect then only play top-25 teams since your conference schedule is a joke.
    Who did Houston play?
    UCLA, North Texas, Louisiana Tech and a D1AA team.
    Who did Boise play?
    Georgia, Toledo, Tulsa, Nevada, Fresno State.
    Fuk them.
    I remember guys saying the same thing about Boise St. before they played OU in the '07 Fiesta Bowl.....

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

somehow denard will throw a jumpball and win the game

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

This game only happens if Houston beats Southern Miss. I can't see Michigan being more than -7 against a 13-0 Houston team fresh off of victories over Tulsa and So Miss. In fact, I am guessing the line will be more like Mich -3.5 or Mich -3

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Houston might score 60 on that crappy defense.

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    This game only happens if Houston beats Southern Miss. I can't see Michigan being more than -7 against a 13-0 Houston team fresh off of victories over Tulsa and So Miss. In fact, I am guessing the line will be more like Mich -3.5 or Mich -3
    And it no guarantee that houston beats southern miss, i mean they should but its not a gimme. i think michigan beats houston and probably by 10 points. Houstons schedule is terrible and i think that michigan with time to prepare can do some things to slow down that offense. houston is no boise, they dont have that kind of talent on the defensive side of the ball. michigan could very well but up 40 - 50 pints on the cougars

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by Maxmillion View Post
    And it no guarantee that houston beats southern miss, i mean they should but its not a gimme. i think michigan beats houston and probably by 10 points. Houstons schedule is terrible and i think that michigan with time to prepare can do some things to slow down that offense. houston is no boise, they dont have that kind of talent on the defensive side of the ball. michigan could very well but up 40 - 50 pints on the cougars
    No guarantee, but they are 13 point favorites. But if they lose, the Michigan game is not happening, because Houston will have zero shot at a BCS bowl. So if you want to make a line, consider Houston to be 13-0, having just beaten Tulsa and So Miss to end their season.

It's true that Houston is no Boise State. Neither is Michigan.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Total 79 I'll be on the over
    these teams could score 100 easily. and im a huge michigan fan but anything 7 and above and im on houston!!!

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I think Houston will win: 3-0 final score

cmle123
    cmle123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 783

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I think Houston will win: 3-0 final score
    if that happen kill me

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

In 2010...

Total Defense: 110th
    Scoring Defense: 108th
    Passing Defense: 112th
    Rushing Defense: 95th

In 2011...

Total Defense: 16th
    Scoring Defense: 9th
    Passing Defense: 17th
    Rushing Defense: 36th

I'm usually the first guy to bash Michigan on this board, but say that Michigan's defense is "crappy" is just plain ignorant.

New DC Mattison will probably win the Broyles Award.

cmle123
    cmle123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 783

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    Right.. Houston Plays a Cupcake Schedule.. Barely beating UCLA .. the only real Major school they played... They looked good against Tulsa... But then Again Tulsa isn't Michigan ...

I will take a battle tested team from the Big Ten with some solid wins under it's belt vs a bunch of cupcake eaters any day bro..
    their week 3 was hard. Louisiana tech. a come back win. and that team is on the winning streak.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by goblue12 View Post
    In 2010...

Total Defense: 110th
    Scoring Defense: 108th
    Passing Defense: 112th
    Rushing Defense: 95th

In 2011...

Total Defense: 16th
    Scoring Defense: 9th
    Passing Defense: 17th
    Rushing Defense: 36th

I'm usually the first guy to bash Michigan on this board, but say that Michigan's defense is "crappy" is just plain ignorant.

New DC Mattison will probably win the Broyles Award.
    I understand what you're trying to imply. They didn't play anyone important? Plus 8 home games? It was an easy schedule.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Houston will be in fiftys and Mich in forties.

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

Houston plays in teh conference usa. they have no o-line compared to michigan and most otehr big 10 teams. houston will not be able to run the ball at all on michigan. Secondly, houston cannot throw downfield on michigan. Forget the DBs, keenum wont be able to throw with mike martin and others pounding him as he throws. And in the event that that keenum does get the ball out, its gonna be inaccurate, because he will be getting hit. Only plays that houston can possibly run are the quick screens which come out of keenums hand in 1-2 seconds. And everyone knows those don't work if you run them every play, when the db's start to know the play and start to jump it. Doubt Houston has a chance. What if houston plays in the big 10. Do they go undefeated? whats their record? who would you pick then?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I understand what you're trying to imply. They didn't play anyone important? Plus 8 home games? It was an easy schedule.

funny how people love to look at rankings but not how they got them.

Michigan is so great huh? Did anyone watch them on saturday playing the third worse passing offense in the country? Answer that for me and ignore the fact they haven't played anyone remotely close to the houston's offense yet.

As a big ten fan for 20 years i love hearing all the sterotypes about our OL's, DL's and Defenses. If we were talking CBB then you might have point about big ten defense.
    Last edited by brooks85; 11-30-11 at 10:43 AM.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by hornsrgrt View Post
    qb was hurt in the ucla game if I remember correctly
    no he was hurt in last years UCLA game when UCLA massacred them

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Houston is a great play up to about -4.5

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

i will take houston. midwest team party too much in french quarter and get distracted!!!!

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

if houston gets anything like 7 points i am on Houston. think they will prob win outright

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Secondary had a horrible game. Without those few big plays Ohio wasn't even in the game. How did they do with the rushing game? Perhaps they geared up to stop the rushing game? It was a Rivalry game, much different. Herron ran for 37 total yards. Miller is much different than Keenum. Totally different style of play. Sure Miller posted up 100yds himself, Miller is a great scrambler. We'll just have to wait and see when the line comes out what the actual play is.
    C'mon Deuce.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I want to see:

Michigan v Stanford -- take Stanford big.

Or Stanford - Houston -- I like Houston.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is a crap game. Michigan, from the poor Big 10, vs Houston, from the terrible CUSA. An absolutely horrid game. What will be interesting is what happens if Georgia defeats LSU, forcing either LSU or Alabama OUT of ANY BCS Game, because the SEC Champion gets an automatic invite to the Sugar Bowl. Only then would this be a decent game.

Muscles
    Muscles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

I wouldn't call the Big Ten a poor conference. It's no SEC, but it definitely has better teams than another conference in the nation. As far as Michigan getting a BCS bid, that's simply ridiculous. They deserve the 3rd best bowl game out of any B1G teams. They aren't even worthy of a bid to the B1G title game.

dontazeme1
    dontazeme1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    Right.. Houston Plays a Cupcake Schedule.. Barely beating UCLA .. the only real Major school they played... They looked good against Tulsa... But then Again Tulsa isn't Michigan ... I will take a battle tested team from the Big Ten with some solid wins under it's belt vs a bunch of cupcake eaters any day bro..
    ******* square no chance the line is any lower than -10 vegas knows public perception and gonna want people tot take houston

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I hate teams like Boise and Houston so much. They play a bunch of shit teams and then bitch about not getting respect.

You can play four or five non-conference games, if you really want respect then only play top-25 teams since your conference schedule is a joke.

Who did Houston play?

Who did Boise play?

Fuk them.
    PLEASE don't compare Houston with Boise State, at least Boise beats a major school every year and the team they beat this year is in the SEC Championship Game. Plus, no big schools WANT to schedule Boise. Houston has TRULY beaten no one and they have a one dimensional offense that can be defended by a major conference defense (i.e., Michigan)

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

big 10 used to dominate college football just a few years back. charles woodson won the heisman and the national championship by himself

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is a crap game. Michigan, from the poor Big 10, vs Houston, from the terrible CUSA. An absolutely horrid game. What will be interesting is what happens if Georgia defeats LSU, forcing either LSU or Alabama OUT of ANY BCS Game, because the SEC Champion gets an automatic invite to the Sugar Bowl. Only then would this be a decent game.
    WRONG, LSU vs. Alabama in NCG is already set, if Georgia beats LSU, then Bulldogs go to Sugar Bowl.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU is already in the championship game win or lose. They deserve it, unlike Bama.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hopefully Houston surprises everyone and crushes them. No one ever gives these small schools respect.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Who did Houston play?

Who did Boise play?

Fuk them.
    What's funny is they've both won more games over teams with winning records than the #2 team in the country. Boise with over twice as many. Not hard considering Alabama has beat....count them....3 whole teams with a record over .500. Just had to throw that in there. Carry on.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jonah, and KGambler

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll take Houston and the Over.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Over looks like the easier play though.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3451

Quote Originally Posted by dontazeme1 View Post
    ******* square no chance the line is any lower than -10 vegas knows public perception and gonna want people tot take houston
    so are you agreeing with me or calling me a square? cause it seems like we both agree with michigan..

Also.. i guess this thread doesn't matter anymore.. because Houston Lost.. and won't be playing in a decent bowl game anyway...

LT Profits

Houston is -6 over Penn State. I like PSU, Houston never faced a defense this good all year.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Houston wins this game outright.

Guaran-fukkin-teed.
    7 of Houston's wins came against opponents with losing records.....FYI

First 123 Last