Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

Tebow Detractors Are Cowards

I think all of the people who are making religious detractions against Tebow are cowards. You can love him or hate him, that's okay, but to vilify him on religious grounds is cowardice and small-mindedness. I respected Sandy Koufax and Hank Greenberg when they did not play on religious holidays, even though their absence might have cost their team a game. If Tebow holds his faith important, that's his right (I think the constitution gives us all freedom of expression and religion). If you're in the penitentiary and make some anti-Muslim remark, you'll get your teeth re-arranged. And I get some sickening feeling that Tebow's detractors are themselves Christians. They're just pissed off they lost their piddling wager because of their own incompetence as handicappers, as if God cares.

No one religion has a monopoly on self-hatred. I've heard Jews, Christians, and Muslims belittle their own religions. I just find it cowardly and loathsome. I just respect those who respect themselves. You know what scares us about these Muslim extremists? They're willing to die for their faith, and that makes agnostics and atheists scared shitless. I know Israel will defend its people against attack or annihilation by Iran or whoever, I just hope the Christians aren't taking bets on who will win instead of defending what is right. So I will continue to defend Koufax, Greenberg, and Tebow for their religious beliefs.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Cliff notes please.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

i don't bash him because of his faith, he just can't ******* pass a football and playing some sucky teams right now and winning is all.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Yep id bash him not cos of his faith directly but cos the way he illustrates it on the side b4 going to the field b4 almost every set of downs. Dont need nor want to fukkin see it...Guy does win though...

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Tim Tebow needs to reread Matthew 6:6, and consider what he thinks about working on the Sabbath day.

I think we have every right to detract from people's accomplishments for leading an assault on logic and reason.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Anyone who kneels to a sky wizard 47 times a game is definitely striving a little too hard for attention. It's a little off putting, but not a big deal at all.

I don't really care that he likes to recite lines from his favorite novel and I haven't really seen anyone else bashing him because of his religion. People may makes jokes here and there, only because he is becoming somewhat of a parody of himself.

I think the majority of his detractors dislike him because he is an atrocious passer and overrated by a lot of people.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    i don't bash him because of his faith, he just can't ******* pass a football and playing some sucky teams right now and winning is all.
    so he cant pass a football! why do you bash him?
    so he is winning! why do you bash him?

only one answer here! you failed in life and cannot help but attack those that are doing well in theirs because you are not bright enough to be able to recognize and escape the primordial emotion of baseless jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Yep id bash him not cos of his faith directly but cos the way he illustrates it on the side b4 going to the field b4 almost every set of downs. Dont need nor want to fukkin see it...Guy does win though...
    so he likes to pray before during and after games! why does that bother you? its his right and his business. again some underlying unresolved emotional issues right there

I can understand how public display of religious belief can be offputting, but not enough to justify people hating on someone
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 11-28-11 at 02:58 AM.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    so he cant pass a football! why do you bash him? so he is winning! why do you bash him? only one answer here! you failed in life and cannot help but attack those that are doing well in theirs because you are not bright enough to be able to recognize and escape the primordial emotion of baseless jealousy so he likes to pray before during and after games! why does that bother you? its his right and his business. again some underlying unresolved emotional issues right there I can understand how public display of religious belief can be offputting, but not enough to justify people hating on someone
    Its ok pal, ur from a country where the larger % practice some kind of religion whereas i live in a secular country. You would never see that in my country...We'll call it socio-cutural differences and be done with it you Non-Pro

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

I'm an Athiest but I love seeing him win. Seems like a genuinely nice guy.

SportsMushroom

Its ok pal, ur from a country where the larger % practice some kind of religion whereas i live in a secular country. You would never see that in my country...We'll call it socio-cutural differences and be done with it you Non-Pro
    non-pro? thats your argument?

thats innuendo for 'I dont know what to say'

what ever you have against tebow stems from the same unresolved issues that result in you thinking that bringing up the fact that i am non pro will somehow insult me, most likely because you think that by being a pro elevates your status in life

ACoochy

non-pro? thats just innuendo for 'I dont know what to say'
    Like i didnt say enough in my initial post? Sounds like someone simply couldnt substantiate a comeback and instead of directly admitting to it instead decided tol dance ring a fukkin rosey circles around the subject...Nice try musher...

SportsMushroom

Like i didnt say enough in my initial post? Sounds like someone simply couldnt substantiate a comeback and instead of directly admitting to it instead decided tol dance ring a fukkin rosey circles around the subject...Nice try musher...
    you describe exactly what you did

do you even understand what a secular country is? I would think you are just throwing out words you happened to see in the dictionary, but that would insinuate that you actually opened a book in your life

ACoochy

you describe exactly what you did
    U really are that dumb?? No, i wont stoop to your level of ill-received comprehension. No wonder ur unable to scoop up $200. Think as fukkin planks...

SportsMushroom

U really are that dumb?? No, i wont stoop to your level of ill-received comprehension. No wonder ur unable to scoop up $200. Think as fukkin planks...
    me: you have some issues for hating on religious people

you: you are broke you dont even have $200... oh you are dumb and your grammar suks

you went into defense mode quite easily, I didnt even insult you, definitely struck a nerve there sir
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 11-28-11 at 03:38 AM.

ACoochy

me: you have some issues for hating on religious people you: you are broke you dont even have $200... oh you are dumb and your grammar suks you went into defense mode quite easily, I didnt even insult you, definitely struck a nerve there sir
    Me:Thats cos ur incapable of comprehending and dealing with subject matter in a substantive manner as youve so clearly illustrated already...
    You:

Poor Mushroom, its almost like Non-Pro's are forced to dance around the outer tear, meanwhile never being accepted into the inner circle. Is this symbolic of how ur life has been thus far mushy?

Always a contender but never in contention?? Its ok mushy, im sure theres a e-hug emoticon u can go talk to. About your level of no fukkin idea i believe....

SportsMushroom

yes coochy I am broke and I am not very bright

some days I wonder if there are kids out there that say 'when I grow up I want to be an sbr pro'

some days I wonder if mensah has a special subgroup that is sbr pros only

and some days I wonder if men use the line 'I am an sbr pro' to get women in bed

I also wonder if that line actually works
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 11-28-11 at 06:28 AM.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

people that bash people just for their religion are missing something in their life. I wonder if you asked tebow. Would you rather be bashed every day for being a christian,make millions, play football or would you rather be a degenerate gambler with no money, no life, hooked on drugs and have to post negative things about people because you have nothing else to do, wonder what he would take?

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    people that bash people just for their religion are missing something in their life. I wonder if you asked tebow. Would you rather be bashed every day for being a christian,make millions, play football or would you rather be a degenerate gambler with no money, no life, hooked on drugs and have to post negative things about people because you have nothing else to do, wonder what he would take?

tebow never hurt anyone, I dont know if he is pretending, but he seems like a genuinely good person, with morals and values, and the the desire to work hard, qualities that you just dont find in people

only guys who trash him are guys that envy him, even if they dont admit or realize it

religion is just the excuse the give to mask the true reason they hate him, which is because he is better than them

tebow is blessed in that regard as well, being religious provides peace of mind, because if you are so devoted to god, then you are certain there is a heaven waiting for you and you are at peace, the rest of us have to spend our whole lives experiencing the agony of not knowing what awaits us
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 11-28-11 at 06:39 AM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Bello View Post
    I think all of the people who are making religious detractions against Tebow are cowards. You can love him or hate him, that's okay, but to vilify him on religious grounds is cowardice and small-mindedness. I respected Sandy Koufax and Hank Greenberg when they did not play on religious holidays, even though their absence might have cost their team a game. If Tebow holds his faith important, that's his right (I think the constitution gives us all freedom of expression and religion). If you're in the penitentiary and make some anti-Muslim remark, you'll get your teeth re-arranged. And I get some sickening feeling that Tebow's detractors are themselves Christians. They're just pissed off they lost their piddling wager because of their own incompetence as handicappers, as if God cares.

No one religion has a monopoly on self-hatred. I've heard Jews, Christians, and Muslims belittle their own religions. I just find it cowardly and loathsome. I just respect those who respect themselves. You know what scares us about these Muslim extremists? They're willing to die for their faith, and that makes agnostics and atheists scared shitless. I know Israel will defend its people against attack or annihilation by Iran or whoever, I just hope the Christians aren't taking bets on who will win instead of defending what is right. So I will continue to defend Koufax, Greenberg, and Tebow for their religious beliefs.
    Who is villifying Tebow on religious grounds? I would only villify those Tebow supporters who think that anyone who doubts Tebow's ability to play QB is a heathen that's going to hell.