nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Gambling Rules????

I think there are over 120+ rules..Anyone have a list?

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

I have no clue what you are talking about...

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

1. Dont

nikossf

10: AVOID FLUFF

I’m know there’s football on every night when we hit October and you feel compelled to bet every Sunbelt, MAC and C-USA game ESPN throws your way, but resist the temptation. The house has you beat as soon as you start betting a game just because it’s on TV.

It’s one thing if you think you have a solid lean on a stand-only, midweek college football game, but betting just because, well, you can’t help yourself is a formula for disaster. The more plays you make, the more the juice will eat away at your bankroll.

Ask yourself this question: Would I bet this game if it was on Saturday?

9: BALANCE YOUR BOOKS

The most common mistake poorly run sports teams make is over evaluate their own talent. Same thing goes for gamblers. You’ve got to know your own strengths and weaknesses. It’s easy to assume you can handicap every NFL game and every obscure college football conference if you aren’t keeping track of each wager you’re making and monitoring the results.

Knowing the teams, conferences and situations where you thrive (and avoiding the ones you don’t) will give you a better chance to turn a profit over the course of a season.

8: SHOWING YOUR TEAM LOYALTY WON’T GET YOU TO THE WINDOW

This is a rule we all know: Don’t bet blindly on your team. But it’s not as easy as it sounds.

Before a person becomes a sports bettor, he/she is a sports fan and the rooting interests aren’t the same. The best gamblers are the ones who don’t feel an attachment to any team or player, but we’re only human.

If you can’t cut off the attachment to your teams, it’s not a bad idea to avoid betting them altogether. There’s nothing wrong with eliminating games involving your favorite pro or college teams so biased capping doesn’t enter the equation.

7: GREED IS GOOD, MONEY MANAGEMENT IS BETTER

It’s a mistake I see too many people make when it comes to over extending bankrolls on that one perceived lock. It’s a difference in philosophy just like Mike McDermott and Joey Knish had in the poker movie Rounders. Grind it out, or go big when an opportunity presents itself. I side with the conservative approach of Knish on this one.

Making one unit plays 2.5 percent of your total roll is a good place to start with no wager ever exceeding 5 percent. For those starting with lesser funds this won’t allow you to bet big but it will keep you in the game all season long and allow you to ride out the cold streaks.

Keep in mind that escalating units during hot streaks and tempering them during cold streaks also serve as integral components to keep you in the game longer.

6: KNOW THE SCHEDULE AND SITUATION

Timing and location, like anything in life, can’t be ignored in sports betting. That’s why it’s important to understand the nuances of a team’s schedule and anticipating flat spots. It’s important to look down the road highlighting great situations for betting on or against certain teams.

Can it be tough to gauge human emotion perfectly? Of course, but, at the same time, there’s a reason home dogs on ESPN Thursday night college football are such money makers. Kids are used to normalcy and when interrupted by mid week travel it hurts preparation walking into hostile atmospheres.

The same rules apply to NFL teams that may play Monday Night Football against a divisional rival then have to travel long distances the following week. Knowing these subtle schedule nuances, you can seek value the bookmaker can’t always build into his line.

5: PUFF, PUFF PASS

I have a number of friends who have been in the business for years and say you haven’t turned the handicapping corner until you can successfully implement this rule.

It’s foolish to spread yourself too thin on a fall weekend with 60 games on the board. Take the approach that not betting a loser is like picking two winners.

The season is way too long to kick yourself for every winner you leave on the board when, in reality, if there’s the slightest hesitation about betting a game, you knew deep down it didn’t warrant a play in the first place.

4: GIVE YOURSELF OUTS

A rule more akin to playing poker it still has major applicability in sports gambling. As offshores keep boarding up their windows and refusing to do business with American players, it has become harder and harder to have multiple books at one’s disposal unless you live in Nevada.

But every gambler has to have multiple places to shop numbers so you’re never at the mercy of one book all the time. Know the going rate on a game by checking Pinnacle or the 5Dimes to gauge sharp action while keeping tabs on Bodog and BetUs to see the squares betting pattern.

By knowing current prices, you'll have a better understanding of the clientele your bookmaker typically deals to each week.

3: DON’T CHASE THE DRAGON (STEAM, REVERSE LINE MOVES, OR PUBLIC FADES)

I’ve spent a lot of time reading forums studying the psychology of novice gamblers and nothing makes me cringe more than watching guys cap based on these three shortcut techniques.

The saying the public is normally wrong is important to factor into capping but it shouldn’t be the primary determinant in making a wager.
    Chasing steam forces your hand into playing more games than you’d normally feel comfortable betting along with taking the worst of the number after the wiseguys have depleted a figure of its value.

Stick to the basics of technical analysis and fundamental handicapping for the majority of your wagers. Definitely monitor line movement as one factor but it’s lazy to base all your plays on just reverse line movement, public fades or chasing steam.

2: GET THE BEST OF IT

This isn’t easy to do if you’re just getting your feet wet in gambling but it’s essential to long-term success. When we talk about the best of the number it doesn’t imply always getting down on an opener before it moves, but rather knowing where a number is headed and making sure you pounce at the right time.

If you’re positive a number may move against you, don’t hesitate to wait out a price. If you’re confident a side will move your way there’s no shame in locking in a price only to sell back before kickoff and look for a middling opportunity if you sour on your original stance.

1: THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR BEING PREPARED

There are no shortcuts when it comes to consistently picking winners. Most recreational gamblers have full-time jobs that prevent them from knowing every angle around a game.

However, with the information we have at our fingertips, there’s no excuse for not being in the loop after only a few minutes of careful handicapping.
    Try and come up with a realistic timeline for breaking down games and know where to locate past results, matchup info and trends within minutes.

There’s no equivalent for seeing the teams with your own eyes, so while lines in power conferences can be tighter than the WAC and Belt, it’s easier to make informed choices if you’ve seen both sides with your own eyes.

nikossf

Theres over 100+ of these... Anyone have them all..or at least more than just these?