Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

not true, top athletes are prideful guys with families and friends and real lives and they all want to be famous and get recognition not just for bragging rights/general acclaim but also endorsements, contracts, merchandise sales, twitter hits, top pu$$y from being "the man", tv/interview face time etc etc

they dont REALLY care, and they are happy for the wins. but they have a preference for sure- and the preference is credit where credit is due.

Martin42
    Martin42's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's obvious that the reason the defense is playing better is because they are running the ball so many more times and they get rest . There is nothing worse then playing d on a 14 play drive giving up points and then you offense throws 3 times and goes 3 and out and your back on the field in less then 5 min . I don't think tebow is your prototypical NFL qb , but he manages the game and keeps the d fresh , and that is why the defense is playing so much better . And that is why they are winning .
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ZetaPsi808, shari91, and Mac4Lyfe

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by Martin42 View Post
    It's obvious that the reason the defense is playing better is because they are running the ball so many more times and they get rest . There is nothing worse then playing d on a 14 play drive giving up points and then you offense throws 3 times and goes 3 and out and your back on the field in less then 5 min . I don't think tebow is your prototypical NFL qb , but he manages the game and keeps the d fresh , and that is why the defense is playing so much better . And that is why they are winning .
    excellent point.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Anyone who hS ever played sports before knows that when your team wins you dont care who gets credit for it. Winning is the only thing that matters, pro athletes especially dont care who gets the credit. They just want to win and get paid.
    Not always true. There are a lot of selfish people in this world.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Not always true. There are a lot of selfish people in this world.
    thank you

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    What? Tebow isn't winning games for them. Its their defense and that entire team knows it.

Your crazy to think Tebow is winning these games for them. Shit, the only reason the Broncos got that close in OT for the field goal was because McGahee had that big rush.
    thank you.

this two post pretty much sum up what I am getting at.

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Tebow is one reason (major reason perhaps) why McGahee got those big runs -- If you laugh then you are ignorant of why/how big plays work in football

Short version: Tebow makes the opposing defense play horizontally instead of vertically. One good block or miss tackle = a big run when the D has to play horizontally

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

It's all defense, everyone knows it...

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

What? Tebow isn't winning games for them. Its their defense and that entire team knows it.

Your crazy to think Tebow is winning these games for them. Shit, the only reason the Broncos got that close in OT for the field goal was because McGahee had that big rush.
    Oh yea, Tebow's first down run didn't count on that drive right?
    Haters are gonna hate. Some people just don't like Tebow and they will find all kinds of reasons to prove that he is not the reason for denver's success. Of course Denver's defense is a very good reason for their success. But I think Tebow has managed the offense pretty well for them to keep them in the game.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave killersweet 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

Winning cures all....

killersweet

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    It's all defense, everyone knows it...
    where was this defense for the first 5 weeks? Why didn't they give this kinda support to Kyle orton?
    And did Denver win solely on defensive touchdowns and safeties?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

If I'm in the locker room, as long as we are winning each week...I could care less if all the credit in the media goes to the equipment manager for an excellent choice of cleat length.....a win is a win is a win....I get to the playoffs and a SUper Bowl ring either way is my mindset

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

tebow is god and the entire bronco team knows it

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    where was this defense for the first 5 weeks? Why didn't they give this kinda support to Kyle orton? And did Denver win solely on defensive touchdowns and safeties?
    i think its more of a coincidence that timmy stepped in at a time in the schedule that had some shitty teams coming up.

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    i think its more of a coincidence that timmy stepped in at a time in the schedule that had some shitty teams coming up.
    lions, jets, chargers, raiders...

they were significant underdogs in all of these.

chiefs were their only pushover opponent.

zoo youk

the real reason Denver is winning right now....the development of Von Miller.

the combination of him and Dumervil is absolutely devastating to opposing O linemen the pocket collapses so quickly and the QB is constantly looking at the rush instead of his WR down field.

zoo youk

its only a matter of time till a defensive cord comes up with a game plan to stop the tebow run offense..perhaps a constant spy or 2 on him than double Decker with corner and safety help and make him beat you with his arm to his 3rd or 4th read. which he has not shown the ability to do what so ever.

its only a matter of time till one guy schemes against it right and gets it perfect and the rest of the league does the same.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I love ya D3 , however, the Broncos got to the 40 because of Tebows big rush, they were already at a long FG, they just needed about 5 yards to get into a decent shot ... Mcgahee is reaping the benefits of the Tebow offense because he can spread the defense out and they have to stay home and keep contain incase Tebow keeps it. Imagine if Tebow had a star RB that he ran this offense with .... like A.P. ... then they would be a running power house.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

lions, jets, chargers, raiders...

they were significant underdogs in all of these.

chiefs were their only pushover opponent.
    Dont forget the shitty dolphins ... who went on a 3 game winning and no-touchdown giving up streak after they played the Broncos.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    You could put ANY QB under center for that team and be successful right now
    ...like Kyle Orton?

No doubt you spent the last two off-seasons telling anyone who'd listen that Tebow cannot make it in the NFL.

Stick to fantasy football. You'll be safe there.

killersweet

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    They lost to the raiders and chargers with Orton and the same amazing defence. And they lost to the titans as well. Tebow is winning now cuz they are playing shitty teams
    No one says Denver is good as the other elite teams in the NFL. But I think Tebow has contributed to their winning ways. If Denver was winning with Orton, i don't think there will be this many threads:-)

blackbeSSt

They lost to the raiders and chargers with Orton and the same amazing defence. And they lost to the titans as well. Tebow is winning now cuz they are playing shitty teams No one says Denver is good as the other elite teams in the NFL. But I think Tebow has contributed to their winning ways. If Denver was winning with Orton, i don't think there will be this many threads:-)
    lets see. SD has been shitting the bed since week 6 with 5 straight losses before yesterday with rivers throwing 10 picks in those 5 weeks. i call that shitty.

again, lets see what timmy does against the chicago run D. and then lets see what happens after the pats game cause their 21 ppg that they are averaging ain't gonna cut it to beat the pats
    Last edited by blackbeSSt; 11-28-11 at 03:34 PM.

Glitch

rivers threw zero picks yesterday. and i suppose those 10 picks would explain why they'd been losing so much.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    rivers threw zero picks yesterday. and i suppose those 10 picks would explain why they'd been losing so much.
    you think 10 picks in 5 games doesn't hurt your chances?

and their leading rusher only has 3 tds. you seriously don't know why they are losing so much?

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Confidence is a hell of a trait. Confident coaches win. Confident players win.

Tebow is about as confident as a guy can be. Dudes recognize.

Also, the post from Martin about running the football.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I can guarantee his teammates could give a rat@ss about him getting all the accolades since they're winning. This team was a pathetic 1-4 before made them a believer of this team again. The best players in this team is obviously Von Miller is a Pro Bowler and potential All-Pro. But these guy all complement each other, without Willis Mcgahee or Tebow would easily not be effective doing the play action. One of the many credit you have to give this guy is, he doesn't makes stupid mistakes to make the game harder on the defense like Kyle Orton regularly did. If the games are close in winnable game like they've been the last 4, the defense is going to continue to bring the effect and let Tebow Time close the deal

The QB takes all the blame, so he rightfully should take all the credit as well.

GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    I mean the head lines make it seem like tebow is the only guy on the field for Denver

How long till egos take over and the whispers start next the defense turns on little Timmy?
    couldn't disagree more my friend.. i think the entire team is rallying around Tebow... as a SD fan i see the polar opposite on the Chargers as no one cares about anyone else and they show up and play completely "disjointed" (for lack of a better word) football. No sir.. look for the Bronco's to keep making it hard for Elway to draft the type of QB he'd like to and Elway to keep making the choice later and later come that Thursday night in April...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I can guarantee his teammates could give a rat@ss about him getting all the accolades since they're winning. This team was a pathetic 1-4 before made them a believer of this team again. The best players in this team is obviously Von Miller is a Pro Bowler and potential All-Pro. But these guy all complement each other, without Willis Mcgahee or Tebow would easily not be effective doing the play action. One of the many credit you have to give this guy is, he doesn't makes stupid mistakes to make the game harder on the defense like Kyle Orton regularly did. If the games are close in winnable game like they've been the last 4, the defense is going to continue to bring the effect and let Tebow Time close the deal

The QB takes all the blame, so he rightfully should take all the credit as well.
    Frost... your becoming a Tebow believer

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    I mean the head lines make it seem like tebow is the only guy on the field for Denver

How long till egos take over and the whispers start next the defense turns on little Timmy?
    How long will you keep losing your ass fading Tim "your worst nightmare" Tebow...

Stupid post

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Oh yea, Tebow's first down run didn't count on that drive right?
    Haters are gonna hate. Some people just don't like Tebow and they will find all kinds of reasons to prove that he is not the reason for denver's success. Of course Denver's defense is a very good reason for their success. But I think Tebow has managed the offense pretty well for them to keep them in the game.
    I ain't no Tebow hater. Never hated the guy not once in my life even when he played for the Gators. I didn't mention Tebow's huge rush that got the Broncos to the 40 yard line or whatever in my short post. I was just pointing out the MAIN reason that the Broncos had that chip shot in OT to win the game was because of McGahee big rush.

When its all said and done the Broncos are 6-5 and their in playoff contention.

Mac4Lyfe

Sure doesn't sound below like McGahee is sick of Tebow. Op fail...

"If it ain't broken, and it ain't, then don't fix it," McGahee told me from San Diego Sunday night. It was a 23-carry, 117-yard day by McGahee, with his 24-yard run in overtime setting up the winning field goal that led to the 16-13 overtime win. Afterward, McGahee said the game had the feel of another close one, and he said to Tebow in the middle of the second half, "Me and you gotta win this game." And the two men combined to do it, helped by a third-and-11 conversion catch by Decker that was upheld by review on the game-tying drive at the end of the fourth quarter. You know, when Tebow takes over. "It's cool everybody doubts us," McGahee said. "Don't respect us. All we know is, if it's close at the end, we're gonna win."

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Other teams (not the elite) are beginning to believe this 'Tebow Time' stuff

I know for a fact most SD fans did yesterday

First 12