goldendome23
    goldendome23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hendrix for Notre Dame

Not ashamed they lost or I lost my bet, but that kid looks like he's got alot of fight in him and the future seems bright. Glad to see they just didn't quit at the end with no chance of winning. Interesting to see who Kelly goes with in their bowl game. I'd have to say Hendrix looks like he really wants it.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

I would be happy to see nd make a change at head coach, ND has a lot of talent, kelly however is splitting the team with how he talks to the media about how you can see who "his" players are. Not to mention the guys play calling is so obvious. Obviously if he is switching between hendrix and reese when he puts hendrix in he is gonna run/option. Why on earth would you punt down by 14 with 7mins left? however down by 14 with 19 seconds left try for an on side kick? I also think it was a bad decision to pull reese, reese is way more accurate with his throws. And especially at the end of the 2nd with the hail mary attempts why would you put a qb in with hardly any experience ? throw dayne christ in, hes got a cannon for an arm and could of put the ball in the end zone for a chance at a td before half. And wtf is wrong with the special teams ? we are something like last in the ncaa with punt returns?

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    I would be happy to see nd make a change at head coach, ND has a lot of talent, kelly however is splitting the team with how he talks to the media about how you can see who "his" players are. Not to mention the guys play calling is so obvious. Obviously if he is switching between hendrix and reese when he puts hendrix in he is gonna run/option. Why on earth would you punt down by 14 with 7mins left? however down by 14 with 19 seconds left try for an on side kick? I also think it was a bad decision to pull reese, reese is way more accurate with his throws. And especially at the end of the 2nd with the hail mary attempts why would you put a qb in with hardly any experience ? throw dayne christ in, hes got a cannon for an arm and could of put the ball in the end zone for a chance at a td before half. And wtf is wrong with the special teams ? we are something like last in the ncaa with punt returns?
    Did you watch your team play?

Rees has been horrible. ND had 3rd and goal in the 2nd quarter, right after they intercepted Luck. Rees had Theo Riddick wide open in the flat, and missed him by 7 yards.

You should get on your knees and thank god you have Brian Kelly as your coach. The problem with ND is they are soft, they were soft under Weis, and it is going to take Kelly 2-3 years to get his kids on board, but he will. The guy has won everywhere he has been.

As for QB play. Tommy Rees and Dayne Crist were never your answers. They were simply bodies until Hendrix or Golson could take over. Did you see Hendrix running wild on Stanford? Give him another 20 bowl practices, and next spring, and you are going to have yourself a good QB. My money though is on Golson. I watched that kid play and he is seriously athletic. He is going to show you what Kelly's offense can do.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

They will not win with this kid running the show at this point, maybe next year

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Tommy Rees is dogshit... he I one of those QB's that do well on loaded teams, but cannot succeed when @ a disadvantage.

Brian Kelly wishes he could have taken Zach Collaros with him to ND.

irishfan4life28
    irishfan4life28's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope we go with Hendrix the kid has a live arm and Rees chokes in big game sit is like he forgets how to play I wish they would have stuck with Crist this year I think he would have done a better job....GO IRISH

PhillyeagleIrish
    PhillyeagleIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post

Rees has been horrible. ND had 3rd and goal in the 2nd quarter, right after they intercepted Luck. Rees had Theo Riddick wide open in the flat, and missed him by 7 yards.

You should get on your knees and thank god you have Brian Kelly as your coach. The problem with ND is they are soft, they were soft under Weis, and it is going to take Kelly 2-3 years to get his kids on board, but he will. The guy has won everywhere he has been.

As for QB play. Tommy Rees and Dayne Crist were never your answers. They were simply bodies until Hendrix or Golson could take over. Did you see Hendrix running wild on Stanford? Give him another 20 bowl practices, and next spring, and you are going to have yourself a good QB. My money though is on Golson. I watched that kid play and he is seriously athletic. He is going to show you what Kelly's offense can do.
    This sir right here, Anyone saying Rees is good or should start any more is a total dmbass. I do think Kelly made a bad move pulling Crist in the first game when he only made 2-3 bad throws and a fumble by the running back and a missed fg really what got us behind in that game. But Hendrix has a cannon and can run and I love Golson's potential and we also might get Gunner Kiel number one quarterback in the nation.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post

tommy reese is a terrible qb? He is something like 12-3 as a starter. while i agree there are better options out there for qb i still disagree with kelly throwing away players. Hendrix did do pretty good against stanford but i think he had a more relaxed frame of mind to go in. Nd was getting man handled so he didnt have much to lose by going in. I still think Brian Kellys play calling is a huge problem, he is way to predictable. Not to mention he does a shit job of bringing a team together.

and i dont like being that guy, but stanfords field wasnt very forgiving either.
    Last edited by GOIRISH; 11-30-11 at 05:22 AM.

goldendome23

Rees isn't terrible his record at 12-3 as a starter is decent but he just doesn't fit Kelly's system. Crist is faster and stronger but he crumbles when the game is on the line thats been proven time and time again. They've got enough talent to compete with just about anybody. Hendrix seems like a good choice though, Mobile and a live arm, really opens the offense up more. Just my opinion but we will see how it plays out.

PhillyeagleIrish
    PhillyeagleIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Rees is only 12-3 as a starter because we went to the ground game more. When we could not run the ball Rees would crumble. Last year with Crist starting we only ran the ball like 15 times a game.

goldendome23

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyeagleIrish View Post
    Rees is only 12-3 as a starter because we went to the ground game more. When we could not run the ball Rees would crumble. Last year with Crist starting we only ran the ball like 15 times a game.
    That's not really true at all. In the 9 games Rees did not start last year Notre Dame averaged 30 carries a game, in the 15 games he's started since they've averaged 34 carries a game. Not a huge difference. He's just a better leader than Crist. Plain and simple.